The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 42 of 60
Previous 1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 60 Next
Morning! (No 70 checking in): 1lbs gain since I last weighed, so am now 10st 2lbs. Missed WI last week, as we were on holiday in Fuerteventura.
Katharina wrote: #2 clocking in. I have not been here for at least 3/4 weeks as my OH had sudden open heart and bypass surgery. Although I have not paid attention to any eating in that stressful time I only put on a bit of weight and now that I am starting fasting again and am on the challenge again, I will log in with data next week. At the moment I am back to where I started at the beginning of the challenge, and have hopes that I will still make good progress...we're only half way there!! It's good to be on track again and that life is slowly returning to normal.

Gosh Katharina, that must have been a huge shock for you. Hope OH is on the mend now, and that life will indeed return to normal.
Best wishes - Jo
#38 checking in a day early as I am out tonight. Very pleased with a surprising 1 pound loss, so now I will carry on a bit longer with my challenge of 6 pounds. May not make it but at least I am in the right direction.

Total challenge loss 2.5lbs
Number 40 checking in early as I've done my two possible full fasts this week and am out tonight,
I've lost the gain from last week. So now down by 6lb since the start of the challenge. Half way to my challenge of 12lb and we're now half way through the challenge period. Yay...
Katharina wrote: #2 clocking in. I have not been here for at least 3/4 weeks as my OH had sudden open heart and bypass surgery. Although I have not paid attention to any eating in that stressful time I only put on a bit of weight and now that I am starting fasting again and am on the challenge again, I will log in with data next week. At the moment I am back to where I started at the beginning of the challenge, and have hopes that I will still make good progress...we're only half way there!! It's good to be on track again and that life is slowly returning to normal.

@katharina. Best wishes to you. I hope he is making progress.

@Katharina I hope that your OH recovers to perfect health soon. You must focus in on you and your OH at this time, so if you cant fast and want to take eyes off the strict IF regime you may have set yourself, that is fine. If IF helps you to get through this time then keep on doing it. All the best
@Katherina, I hope both of you are on the mend. It couldn't have been easy. Best wishes.
Pleased to be reporting in with a 1lb loss this week so I am 1lb away from my Xmas target and a total loss of 3 stone - fingers crossed for next week................

To keep up the challenge I am therefore revising my Xmas target to 14 stone, which will be a total of 16lb over the course of the challenge I believe.

Good luck everyone

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
#35 checking in late as I had the first gain since starting 5:2 only 200g but I honestly think I deserved more as my eating on non fast days, especially the evening has become very bad. I've been working hard on it this week so hopefully will see a better number on the scales. Despite the small gain I also saw a reduction in body fat - does that mean that my gain is actually water weight anyway??
So 900g to go to my first goal of 85kg
TripHOPmamma wrote: #35 checking in late as I had the first gain since starting 5:2 only 200g but I honestly think I deserved more as my eating on non fast days, especially the evening has become very bad. I've been working hard on it this week so hopefully will see a better number on the scales. Despite the small gain I also saw a reduction in body fat - does that mean that my gain is actually water weight anyway??
So 900g to go to my first goal of 85kg

calling all the scientists and food experts in the room.....
Madcatlady wrote: Pleased to be reporting in with a 1lb loss this week so I am 1lb away from my Xmas target and a total loss of 3 stone - fingers crossed for next week................

To keep up the challenge I am therefore revising my Xmas target to 14 stone, which will be a total of 16lb over the course of the challenge I believe.

Good luck everyone

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:

well done madcatlady! and i will adjust your target. Good on you for as you say "keeping up the challenge:"
@tripHOPmama,

If you are getting that body fat percent from one of those scales that uses impedence to measure body fat percentage, it's not accurate enough to mean anything.
I'm sure I wrote and posted this but can't find it. This week 1.25lb up. A week of chocolate and cake will do that though and my shape has changed so not too disappionted.
peebles wrote: @tripHOPmama,If you are getting that body fat percent from one of those scales that uses impedence to measure body fat percentage, it's not accurate enough to mean anything.
@TripHOPmamma - I second this.

200g is neither here nor there within the general water fluctuations that we experience (tho', yes, roughly, greater hydration can present as greater fat-free mass because the non-water compartment of the body is estimated to be the body fat mass). It's good to see that you're so near to your first goal - :clover:.
Member 26 - 107.4lbs which is within my maintenance range of 105-110lbs so it's OK. (I've had a couple of falls so I'm bruised and swollen in spots and this might be responsible for part of that weight.)

Still not improving on my sub-challenge of One Moment Meditation - I need to schedule it in if I'm not going to remember to do it as needed.
Previous 1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 42 of 60