895 posts Page 43 of 60
Previous 1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 60 Next
#12 checking.

Last week: 79.7
This week: 79.5
Down: 200gms
Loss so far: 1.6kgs/3lb.50z

Slow and steady! :-)
Panda_Po wrote: Member #102 checking in :)

Down to 124.3kgs, with a lost of 1.2kgs... Slowly but surely getting there ;)

Member #102 reporting in... Though it seems my last weigh in was not recorded from last week?

Down to 123.2kgs which is another 1.1kg off. Only 2.2kgs left to challenge goal :)
That's great, @Panda_Po! As much as I'm happy to be going slowly, I confess to being a teensy bit envious of your weight loss so far in the challenge. It's not going to happen that quickly for me it seems, but fabulous that it is happening for you. More power to your loss! :like: :clover:
chinchin wrote: That's great, @Panda_Po! As much as I'm happy to be going slowly, I confess to being a teensy bit envious of your weight loss so far in the challenge. It's not going to happen that quickly for me it seems, but fabulous that it is happening for you. More power to your loss! :like: :clover:

As with all diets and eating plans, when you have more to lose, you will lose faster at the start. At almost 50kgs heavier than you and at the beginning of my journey, it's safe to say it'll always come off a bit quicker... It'll slow down :)
Panda_Po wrote:
Panda_Po wrote: Member #102 checking in :)

Down to 124.3kgs, with a lost of 1.2kgs... Slowly but surely getting there ;)

Member #102 reporting in... Though it seems my last weigh in was not recorded from last week?

Down to 123.2kgs which is another 1.1kg off. Only 2.2kgs left to challenge goal :)

well done @Panda_Po i will fix the error last week. Apologies
what a good loss you have there!!!
Member 109 - 4 weeks into a 9 week diet, cos I started late. 12st 2.5lbs this morning - 2 lbs lost in the last 2 weeks, 5 lbs down overall. If I managed to continue a diet successfully during the last 2 weeks, anything is possible. I've had my mum's 80th weekend (incl. cake!), then 2 lunches & 2 evenings out. When I mentioned at work that I was on a diet a colleague said 'would that be the lager diet?'!!! Yet the power of the 5:2 is great! I've joined a gym (& even been twice!) and tightened my belt a notch this last week.
Yea for the 5:2 :grin:
At this half way mark in the journey, the results are just amazing. Well done to everyone thus far!

I will be updating the last 4 days submissions during the coming week. Some work commitments, which will be continuing into tomorrow (Monday) will prevent me to attack it till at least Tuesday

keep up the good work everyone in the meantime!

11.50pm.. im off to bed!
latest weigh in 66.1kg! happy with that :) - #91
Challenger 9 checking in. Weight this evening is 73kg. Loss of 2kg since last post. Good luck to everyone :grin:
Christmas Club #94 checking in
9th Nov 58.6kg 100g down (Then a lovely few days with four and a half month old grandaughter (& her parents) and lots of delicious food!)
17th Nov 58.9kg 300g up
My daughter helped me to buy a dress to wear for a family wedding on 3rd January. It's a bit tight, so I've got to get my act together!
Hi all thanks for last posts.. Nearly about to enter 7th week.. ahhhhhh

Anyone apart from @DEBS that has made target already? If not tell us how much you have to go, if you havent updated us. Replies seems to have dropped off a bit.

Anyone got Christmas celebration invitations yet. Ive got one in a few weeks and plan to eat eat eat but will fast at least twice in the week it's in. My challenge excludes any party event :-)
I was at 66.4 kg this morning, so up from my lowest point since I joined the challenge, but lower than it had been. I'm happy as long as I can keep it going in the right direction. I need to avoid crazy weekends with friends! (and getting discouraged by little upward blips)
#11 Checking in.

Almost a month since my conference, two months since I visited my son and his new restaurant, and I have finally made it back under 140 lbs, but only after a fast. That is two pounds heavier than I was after fasting in September.

Oddly, my friend who turned me on to 5:2, and went to the conference with me, told me she has gained back the same 3 lbs during those 5 days that I did. Gotta wonder what that hotel put in their food! :razz:

I am starting to think that 137 lbs is my Set Point weight. This is the third time I have reached it and then bounced right back up over 141. I will just keep fasting, but it will probably take developing a wasting disease to get down to 135. And that's not to mention that Thanksgiving is coming next week, both kids will be home. They are looking forward to our family's traditional chocolate chip meringue cookies, cheese cake, and Texas (brown sugar only) Pecan Pie. So am I.

Since both my kids have become much better chefs than I am, cooking for them is a bit fraught. My son owns that artisanal casual sandwich shop. My daughter's boyfriend, who is also coming, is also in the upscale restaurant business . All fall, his boss has been paying for the two of them to eat at the best (read: most expensive) restaurants in Boston and work their way through the tasting menus so they can adjust to the competition. So my supermarket bird, green beans, and sweet potatoes will strike them as, at best, quaint. All I have going for me is that pecan pie, which I found in the food section of the Dallas Morning News back in the very early 1980s. It will stand with anything you can buy anywhere.

All of which is to say, I will probably be gaining another 3 lbs next week. I'm may not even do two fasts next week, either, because I have to start cooking on Weds and my son will be here until Sunday. I don't want to do alternative day fasts beforehand. I am thinking doing them before the last two indulgences might have primed the pump for weight gain. It certainly didn't prevent it! So perhaps next week will be the second week since last February when I only do 1 fast.
#43 checking in.
Now at 84.3 kg / 13 st 2 lb. That's a loss of 7 lb since I started in Sept.
Really pleased and aiming for under 13.
Good fast yesterday but working out when my next one is this week as off work and meeting up with friends most days.
Might be a couple of 16/8 rather than full day fasts. Will see how it goes.
3.4 kg to my Christmas goal...... not sure I will make that but happy I'm getting closer! :)
Number 95 checking in - unfortunately half a pound on, so now 9st 7. I know I have been a bit lax on feed days, enjoyed my own home baking a bit too much! And on fast days I haven't counted religiously so probably eating more than I think. I am still keeping fit though and am largely happy with my body shape at the mo so keeping it in perspective. I have 7lb to go to target which was maybe a bit overambitious - I have lots of Christmas meals coming up so I think maintaining will be all I can hope for. Good luck all!
Previous 1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 43 of 60