The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

45 posts Page 3 of 3
I'm doing ok Thanks Suneal. I had a period of about two weeks where I didn't fast and ate a lot. not suprisingly I put weight back on straight away. I'm now back on track and just completed my first fast of the week yesterday.

Quite a few people have tried 16:8 whilst on holiday where others have continued fasting and some done nothing at all. Search the boards and I'm sure you'll find a few hints and tips :)
Wow suneal well done :like: that's fantastic news and should also give you the motivation to carry you forward :clover:
You just needed a good strong woman behind you Eh
Good Luck and don't worry about the holiday just do the best you can calorie wise and climb back on board on your return :clover: Sue
Thanks Umleila and sue.Whats the 16:8? I'll google that now. take care. Sue you toooo kind good woman behind absolutely !!
Got it Eat for 8 and fast for 16 silly me...I knew that. I'll try desperately to maintain at the very least.
Hi Suneal..Welcome from a fellow newbie
Well done on yr efforts so far!
Enjoy the site! X
101.7 this morning.So happy. So motivated to keep going :)
Hi Friends. One quick question. eating 608 instead of 600...how much difference will that make. Should I feel guilty?
It won't make any difference at all. 600 is only a guide and as long as you don't exceed it by too much you'll be fine. :)
Frustrated!!!!! Been stuck on 100.5 for over a week and cannot drop to the much sought after 90's.still keeping the same regime but seems like my body has a mind of it's own.
Hi there, I am finding success on 5:2 interspersed with 16:8 to kick start my weight. Why not give that a go. Also read Carorees blog on her changes. Good luck!
Hello,

I've just signed up today and I'm really excited. I've read quite a few posts on here and I think I've finally found something that is going to work....

Today is also my first day on 5:2 and masochist that I am, I've made it a fast day...so far so good. Filling up on steamed veges which are very satisfying but really low calorie. Hope I don't blow it when I get home lol
Three days before I jet off to South Africa and still I have not managed to hit double digits. 99 kgs is so near yet so far. while I'm in South Africa I hope to have a few Fast days but will definitely do 16:8 most days. 3 days and 400gms to lose. C'mon Suneal you can do it..just hang in there...lol
Back after the holiday - a week already and into my 4:3 regime. Put on 2 kgs but hoping to start losing again.
Janie_Bop wrote: Hi Suneal,
I'm only a little over a week into 5:2 and must say, even though it's a great WOE, things are moving slowly! It's hard to stay motivated sometimes! Especially at the weekend.

Oh well, we're all in it together!! :clover:

Hi and welcome:

You may think you are slow, but ... post71147.html#p71147

:clover:
I'm stuck and the weight is not shifting. Today is the last day of my 3 day diet ( the one that MM tried) and I have lost 2.7 kgs. Not healthy maybe but satisfying.I'll go back to 3: 4 next week but will only have a miso soup on my fasting days. I hope that helps the weight drop.
45 posts Page 3 of 3