The FastDay Forum

Monthly Weigh-Ins

71 posts Page 3 of 5
Not a happy bunny, especially having seen everyone else's fantastic results. :cry:

Despite a very good week following a big weekend I have increased weight. I did a liquid fast Tues, 16:8 on Wed, Thurs and fasted Saturday to no avail. Clearly even a moderate weekend for me is a disaster.
If anyone has ideas I would be glad to hear them. :frown:

Sunday 6th Oct 2013 64.0kg Waist 82.5cm
Monday 23rd Sep 2013 63.40kg Waist 83cm
Tuesday 17th Sep 2013 63.60kg
Tuesday 10th Sep 2013 64.30kg
Monday 26th Aug 2013 64.40kg Waist 83cm
Double check your TDEE and make sure you are not drastically over or under eating on your non-fast days, under can be just as bad as over eating as I found out in August.

There are MANY reasons for not losing apart from that.
The number one culprit is water retention, too much salt the day before a fast, a food intolerance that causes bloating (my problem). Drinking your calories (soda as well as alcohol). Time of the month, medications, exercise (sore swollen muscles, turning fat into heavier muscle),different times of the day for weighing (recommended- morning after a fast, first thing in the morning, after using the toilet but before eating, drinking or showering) as many of us can easily put on 4lb or more between morning and afternoon.

It took courage to list your stats as its not compulsory , its just to help the moderators to accumulate sufficient data to produce a statistical spreadsheet. What is has shown, time and time again is that weight loss on this program ISN'T steady. It stumbles and jerks, and bounces up, then plummets down, then stalls in a plateau. But the trend, tends to be downward.

Double check the above points, especially the TDEE and take heart that the fasting is improving your health internally though its not showing in the waistline yet.
More club members needed for the Christmas club. Despite the thread title, you can be any weight. This is just a bit of a boost hopefully in the 11 weeks to Christmas

5-2-diet-chat-f6/register-here-to-joing-the-69ers-club-t8676-75.html
Thank you for doing all the number crunching Caroline.

Weight 6 Sep: 61.5kg
Weight 6 Oct: 61kg

Loss of 0.5kg.

Waist 6 Sep: 72.5cm
Waist 6 Oct: 72cm

Loss of 0.5cm

Onwards and downwards.
Had a bit of a slow loss over last 5-6 weeks, but still downwards so all good. Lost 1.1kg and 2cm off my waist in September. :smile:

September 3rd = 67.5kg.
Waist = 75cm

October 4th = 66.4kg.
Waist = 73cm

Thank you for collating all these Caroees, it is great to read each one's progress, very encouraging.
I started on 11 September 105kg
Currently 6 October 101.6kg
Loss of 3.4kg!
Don't know if starter stats are useful and I do not have a full log. Started Aug 25th and last weigh-in was 10/4, so about 5 weeks:
Weight loss: 9 lbs
Waist loss: 2" (about 5 cm)
Hi all
I've been following this way of eating for a year now and I think its time to maintain. However I have a small loss to report:

Waist 8 Sept 79cm and waist 6 Oct 79cm - so no change there; but

Weight 8 Sept 56kg and weight 6 Oct 55.5kg - 0.5kg loss.

Well done all you losers and for those that didn't lose hope you see some change soon.
Hi
My thanks also, Caroline, for your work on the weigh-in data

My info:

5 Oct, 11 st 2
Waist 35" (above navel)
BMI 25.99

8 Sept, 11 st 6
waist 36.5 (above navel)
BMI 26.66

28 Jan* 13st 8
Waist 44" (on navel, didn't measure above navel then)
BMI31.65

Moira145 :grin:
I lost 2 lbs for the month and my OH gained 1 lb :confused: but he is working out 2 times per week now and lifting weights so no worries :wink: Have a great November everybody :grin:
Started: March 23; weight: 87.6 kg; waist, 93 cm
August 3: weight: 71.3kg; waist, 75cm
September 5: weight: 69.3kg; waist, 75cm
October 5: weight, 66.6 ( :shock: ); waist, 73cm
Hi everyone'
Sept 6 - 90.9 kg. Waist 97 cm
Oct 4 - 89.2 kg. Waist - 96.5 cm
Total months loss is 1.7 kg and 0.5 cm off waist.
In the last month I have changed from regular 5.2 with between 1-3 meals on fast days to 5.2 with 3 to 4 x 16:8 days ( with only a 300 calorie dinner as I can go all day fasting now and that is the size dinner we are used to on fast days and I still feel satisfied with) in attempt to speed up my weight loss before my holiday ( which I'm on right now!) Whats interesting is that my weight loss actually slowed down ( 1.7 kg compared to 2.7 kg last month. )What staggered me was the cms lost- 16 cm from various places) and a real change in my shape from apple to more hourglass ( well you know what i mean- maybe not hourglass but I indent at the waist in a feminine way) which makes me feel so happy! I hope Im not too late for the weigh in @Carorees and thanks for your advice - it worked! :-)
Very very slow downward trend towards goal after 9 months. Probably tending towards thinking about maintenance, but not rocketing up! Onward and downwards is the motto.
Pleased to be so steady and enjoying being slim. 5 lbs to go for goal and am sure I will eventually get there.
Sticking to 5:2 and watching recommended TDEE more carefully.
Thank you for your hard work: adds so much interest for us all.

Jan start. 71.2 kg. 34" waist. 38.8% fat

Sept 7. 59.78 kg. 29.5". 30.5%

Oct 6. 59.24 kg. 29.0". 30.0%

Month loss. 0.54kg. 0.5". 0.5%.
start weight, April: 78kg
September 1st: 73.3kg
October 1st : 72.6kg

Start waist: 101cm
September: 91cm
October 90cm

It feels like I have been this weight for ever, but I haven't.
Sept 80.20 Waist 94cm
Oct 79.60 Waist 92 cm
I seem to be stuck around the 80 kilo mark but as we are going caravanning next week for a month I hope I can still stay at that weight.
Cheers
Carmel
71 posts Page 3 of 5