The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

79 posts Page 1 of 6
Well all, there's been a lot of preparation going on behind the scenes and I'm pleased to say that myself and the server techs are now ready to move the site to our shiny new server!

We've been so organised about all this that the downtime is going to be really minimal, unlike last time. Got some great guys helping out with this so kudos to them :)

At around 11.00am (about half an hour away) I'll be disabling the forum here so that we can make sure all the latest posts etc are copied over to the new server, which has the forum ready and waiting and running smoothly as far as we can see from our tests.

There's nothing to worry about, we aren't changing forum software today, that won't be for some time yet. We're just copying everything over to the new server. Hopefully things will run a bit more smoothly, I know we've had problems on this server with it slowing down at random. The new server is with a new provider and with plenty of great support, woohoo!

So, please bear with us during this brief spell of downtime. When we're back online (before the Monday lunchtime rush is the aim) we'll have a shiny new domain name too, but you'll all be pointed off to the right place automatically. Please note that due to the domain name change you may be asked to log in again on the new server. Remember you can use the 'forgot name/password' link on the left of the site if you can't remember your password, or you can email me if you're having difficulties and I'll do my best to help (bear with me as I may have an inbox full ;))

Exciting times! See you all later, on our shiny new server!

Moogie :clover:

EDIT: We have now moved! :D
Thanks for bearing with us, a couple of hiccups but we seem to be here now.

I spotted there's an issue with the progress tracker stats (which was an issue before the server move) which I'm working on resolving, apologies for that but everything should *fingers crossed* be fine!
and we're up and running again! YAY! :D
Woohoo thanks for your hard work Moogie x
Yay too, I was getting withdrawal symptoms!! :grin:
@moogie! The photographs of the white tigers in the photography tent have disappeared. Hope the wee balls of fluff aren't wandering about anywhere lost!
Part of the move over maybe?
Sorry about the delay, the tracker issue had me perplexed, wish I'd realised sooner the problem already existed and it wasn't just the new server - we'd've been online again half an hour ago or more otherwise. Sorry folks ;)

As you can see we have our shiny new domain now too! Yay!

Will get on with the tracker issue (it's just a couple of the forum stat charts which seem to be broken) asap. Bit busy this week what with moving house'n'all ;)

@janeg oh pooh, I'll take a look! sorry! Maybe I didn't transfer all the latest uploaded files >.<;; bear with me!
Well done Moogie! So good of you to press on with this what with all you've got on your plate re the house move etc. Many thanks. :like: :heart:
Janeg - ....and it's DAAAAAAYYY!! :)

Caro - it's nice to get this done and of my list of smaller stresses. It's been a bit of a nightmare weekend as I think you know from facebook, but I'm slowly on the mend. No fasting for me until I'm through this rough patch, my body doesn't need that added stress!
The attachments should be back shortly, just got some files to transfer over. There's always something, lol. Thanks for spotting that. I obviously didn't check a new enough post with attachments and just saw old ones working!
Moogie wrote: Janeg - ....and it's DAAAAAAYYY!! :)

Took me ages to get that joke! :oops: :lol:
Brilliant, many thanks for the wonders you perform for us Moogie x
Very efficiently done. To me it semms a little bit more difficult to read - a bit paler and smaller font size ?? Is it just my aging eyes?
@Moogie the google search of the forum is still searching the old domain...
Also, seems to be no 'mobile view'?
79 posts Page 1 of 6