The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

134 posts Page 1 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 Next
Could it be that the official Fast Diet website is jealous of this site's popularity & community spirit?

According to a recent post by Dr Mosley, they will be launching their own forum soon:
http://thefastdiet.co.uk/more-on-what-t ... mment-1426

Well, it will probably be more popular than Kate Harrison's relatively quiet forum, but I don't know if it will outdo this place in a hurry ;) I guess they have a bit more budget to throw at promoting it though!
He's going to have a lot to do to get 6000 members in 3 and a half months though!
The best publicity is the users' publicity. They can do whatever they want but if their forum is as booooooooring (is there a yawn smiley?) as their website then people will probably use it as an insomnia cure...
And it won't have a superb progress tracker!
I'd be surprised if they can do a forum that is as good as this one. What I'd love to see is PhilT facing off against MM in the Nerdy section on how to properly interpret a Varady study! :-)
Nope, sorry, not for me - what more do we need than what is provided for us here - feel far too much part of this forum to want/need to go elsewhere - sorry guys you're stuck with me :smile:
Moogie, I so enjoyed your post on the good doctor's site. Sock it to them!! Don't he and Mimi know a good thing when they see it? Why don't they join forces with us :?:
My point is similar to dhana. Why do you not team up? It should be a win-win situation for both sides!!!!
Abby wrote: My point is similar to dhana. Why do you not team up? It should be a win-win situation for both sides!!!!

There was a bit of hair flying earlier which led to the disclaimer at the bottom "These forums are in no way associated or affiliated with The Fast Diet official website (www.thefastdiet.co.uk), Dr Michael Mosley or Mimi Spencer." and the non-switch to a .com domain name.
The silly thing is, I only set up this place because Dr M encouraged me to do so!

Just to clarify, there was never anything nasty which caused the lack of the .com domain or the disclaimer, just a concern expressed by a certain party who didn't want to see me getting into legal trouble & gave me the heads up before anything bad went down (out of their control). I am grateful for this as I certainly can't afford a legal battle.
This forum is such a lovely welcoming place, which is basically down to Moogie and the mods. That's why 6000 people have joined, and it is so busy I struggle to keep up! It's a shame Dr M has decided to start another forum, but it won't have any effect on us.
I for one won't be joining the other lot, I had a quick look on the existing forum the other day and there was some distinctly unfriendly stuff going on.
This forum feels like "family" now. :smile:
Hey, guys, check my reply! I just couldn't resist... ;-)
Not going anywhere. Love this forum :heart:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 Next
134 posts Page 1 of 9