The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

141 posts Page 8 of 10
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
juliewil10 wrote: Sorry, just have to add that its freezing here in the Bay of Plenty, NZ. Heating on for the first time this winter, 13c was the high, pouring with rain. Im snuggled up with my friends on my favourite forum :rain:. I know that makes us seem like a soft lot down here on the sunny side of the world. :grin:

Yes, my daughter's in Welly at the mo and she said she'd had to wear her jacket a couple of times...! :grin:

juliewil10 wrote: Like the others Im staying here, but Ballerina seems a little ambivalent :lol:

So I'm not the only one to notice! :grin:

I tootled over and had a look at the other site. Not too bad, but this is just so much better. And livelier.

Well done Super-glam Moogie!
Hi Teabrain:

You might be a bit new to the party, so let me please give you a bit of a back story. Michael Mosley actually ASKED Moogie to set this forum up, on Twitter. A number of us had been asking him to make one, and he said it was something he couldn't do. So he actually asked Moogie to handle it, and he was encouraging in the beginning.

Then, a few months later, after seeing the success of this forum, Dr. Moseley and Mimi Spencer decided to make their own forum.

I think Moogie's justified in feeling rather hurt about it all.
I have deleted teabrain's post as the language used is aggressive, provacative and brings nothing constructive to the thread.
janeg wrote: I have deleted teabrain's post as the language used is aggressive, provacative and brings nothing constructive to the thread.

Cripes! That's the first time I've seen any modding on this forum, so I'm guessing that the decision wasn't taken lightly. I didn't see the post, but thanks for keeping us a friendly & supportive bunch :heart: :heart:

Edit - & thank you for telling us you'd deleted it, thought I was losing my (few) marbles :lol:
janeg wrote: I have deleted teabrain's post as the language used is aggressive, provacative and brings nothing constructive to the thread.

Thank you I didn't reply to it as I thought it might end up as a slanging match.
Oh my, think I'm glad I missed whatever was said!
Me too Merlin! Luckily I was in bed when I read it and its hard to type or someone would have got a smack in the mouth! :lol: I was a little more restrained this morning but the post had gone by then.

I think our Moogie is experienced enough on forums to know that there are always people out their who make comments just to provoke argument and then sit back happily while the proverbial hits the fan. Not nice to see someone one you like and respect being the butt of it though. Glad Janeg got in there and sorted it. Thanks Jane.:smile:

Thanks for that. I wanted to say something but I couldn't think of anything polite to say! :shock:
izzy wrote: If you are truly uncomfortable with a comment, you can report it to the moderators by clicking on the exclamation mark in the top right corner of the post box

Thanks, Izzy. I didn't know that.
and we do take reported messages seriously.
I think that was the first nastygram on the forum! I was probably too cautious after being accused of being too heavyhanded last time I modded someone >.< But I was really glad Janeg stepped in :-)
Hi Tracie

I thought your intervention last time was completely appropriate.

And thanks Izzy, if Id known that I woiuld have reported the 10 day fast thread
My goodness, I've just had a purport read of the terms at the official forum:
http://thefastdiet.co.uk/medical-discla ... ms-of-use/

Submissions and comments:
We may now or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available on the site (collectively, “submit”) messages, recipes, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials (“User Content”). We have the right to publish, edit or reject any User Content that you send us either via email, via the site or in writing via post for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without payment to you – unless we have specifically agreed otherwise in writing prior to submission.
By submitting User Content to us, simultaneously with such posting you automatically grant to us a worldwide, fully-paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sublicensable, and transferable right and license to use, record, sell, lease, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based upon (including, without limitation, translations), publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, publish and otherwise exploit the User Content (in whole or in part) Mimi Spencer and Michael Mosley deem appropriate. We may exercise this grant in any format, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such User Content.

I had thought about starting to post there since so many questions are going unanswered, but the above puts me right off!
WOW, glad I'm not with that lot, no privacy there then. :confused:
My goodness, the legal folk have had a field day haven't they!!
Glad you had the inclination to read the fine print Moogie, would certainly make lots of folks wary of posting there - thanks for making us aware - I wouldn't have thought to check that out.
(Shame about the unanswered questions though but hopefully they will eventually find their way here :smile: )
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
141 posts Page 8 of 10