The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

141 posts Page 9 of 10
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

No wonder the questions go unanswered...
I've also noticed that a lot of questions posted are not being answered. I think there is one forum member who has kindly taken it upon herself to answer some of them on behalf of M & M but quite frankly Moogie, I'd leave them to it. They have a very long way to go to catch up to our lovely interactive site!
My $0.02 on the "official" forum. Sleek look, but too many categories!! With the added insult of "owning" anything I post on there I won't be signing up anytime soon. That's in fact one reason I stopped using FB.

Plus all the encouragement, knowledge and features here rock!
Sounds like all they're interested in is harvesting new material for future books or publicity.... Shame that they're using this wonderful idea that has bought happiness to so many people for their own profit....

Or am I just being cynical?
I agree with Madge, Moogie. Don't worry about them. I know it goes against your nature to leave people needing answers but they will have to do what the rest of us did and Google. That way they will find us all sitting here having a laugh and learning new stuff every day. I think on there you are in danger of your kind heart getting you into bother!
HopefulHeart wrote: Sounds like all they're interested in is harvesting new material for future books or publicity.... Shame that they're using this wonderful idea that has bought happiness to so many people for their own profit....

I soooooooo agree!!!
My thoughts exactly HopefulHeart but maybe I'm cynical too! I posted on the page very early on before I found Moogie's Mob and I was annoyed when I had a nosy at their forum to see that my post, which had previously been left unanswered, had been added to the forum posts. Presumably it was to fill it out somewhat! If they want material for future earners they can be open about it and ask!
Well said miffy49! If there are so many questions going unanswered, it won't be too long before people stop using it. Bet they don't have 8000+ and counting users either !
Moogie wrote: My goodness, I've just had a purport read of the terms at the official forum:
http://thefastdiet.co.uk/medical-discla ... ms-of-use/

Interesting.

What's the position here with copyright transfer, rights etc. I don't think it says in the links at the bottom. Just curious.
I had a little lurk a couple of days ago & was shocked with how quiet it was - unanswered posts, no activity for hours. So different to this site which has so much going on it can be hard to keep up with all the activity/new threads etc(I'm not complaining)& as its global there's always people there to offer help or support no matter what time or day it is :smile:
PhilT wrote:
Moogie wrote: My goodness, I've just had a purport read of the terms at the official forum:
http://thefastdiet.co.uk/medical-discla ... ms-of-use/

Interesting.

What's the position here with copyright transfer, rights etc. I don't think it says in the links at the bottom. Just curious.

Thanks Phil. Good question, but as it seems to me that the reasons for setting up this forum are a little different, I think that there would be more consultation, and the way that things are run that is how its done here. I am not worried about the actions of genuine members......however........
From a legal perspective its good to get these things sorted. Is there anything to stop info from this site being shared on other sites? Without permission of the author or administrator/moderators?
Disclaimer: if Moogie wishes to write a book I give her my permission to use anything I've written as long as she pays me the copyright in chocolate and/or alcohol. :-)
We have a much less legalese policy here, at the bottom of all pages of the site:

The content of this site is not to be copied, redistributed or published in any way without the express permission of the site owner and/or relevant content authors and should in all cases be credited with a reference or link to this website.

So basically if anyone wants to use something any of us have written/posted they need to ask permission of its author, of me in the case of stuff I've created like the general stats/charts etc. If anyone came to me asking to use stuff from here that was posted by someone else I'd point them in the direction of the person to ask for permission. Likewise if I wanted to use something from here for some other purpose I would of course ask permission first!

Having had entire websites copied in the past without being given credit, and indeed people claiming it's their own work I have strong feelings about credit where its due and will always respect the decision of the author/owner. That's why for example when I wanted some little quotes to put on the main page I didn't just take things from people's posts but asked specifically for quotes for that purpose.
Exactly the way it should be, and what I expected would be the case. Thanks Moogie, high standard maintained :smile: :like:

Im with TML, payment in kind, wine, chocolate....... :razz:
I wouldn't doubt for a second that the publishers are behind everything with the "official" forum. I think that's the difference between creating a forum as a means to an end (profits) instead of as the end itself (community).
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
141 posts Page 9 of 10