The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
:confused: When I first started 5:2 I lost 10lb in 2 weeks but in the last 2 weeks I've gained 4lb and an inch around my waist but I've been doing nothing different!! :cry:
On fast days I've been really good only eating between 450-500 cals but on Feast Days I've only been eating when I'm hungry which has decreased since I started fasting, so I'm struggling to eat even 1500 cals when you recommend 1728 cals, most og the time I've only managed 1200 cals!! :(
I don't do much exercise and sit for most of the day but this doesn't explain why I lost initially and gained recently, only difference is that I'm eating less on Feasting days because I'm just not hungry!! :/
Can anyone shed any light on whats happening please?? :)
Many Thanks!!
Cal
X
The body can rebel if you're not eating enough on feast days. Especially if you've a low BMI already (assumed on my part, perhaps incorrectly, from your TDEE, so could be wrong here).

Note also that everyone's weight can easily vary 3-4 pounds during the day. Be sure to measure at the same time of day with similar attire (mornings seem to work best for most).
Let's see - you have lost 6 pounds in 4 weeks. Quite a bit ahead of the average loss on 5:2.

The only way you could have lost 10 pounds of fat in two weeks (and it would have been hard) is if you ate absolutely no food for those two weeks. As you did eat, most of the weight you lost was water.

Here is how much weight you might reasonably expect to lose on 5:2: 5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic6600.html

Good Luck!
The first weeks and months on 5:2 are mental! Weight loss, fluid loss, inch loss all go and waver. Stick with it , it takes time. It's not a fast (as in quick) diet but a way of eating/life.
Keep a watch on your stats and try not to stress about it . Stress messed up the hormones and can increase weight without eating any more! You don't want that.;)
Give it another month and then see where you are.
As simcoeluv points out, average loss in women is just under a pound a week, so a re evaluation after 10 weeks seems to be sensible.
If things are not going how you want them to give us a shout and we'll see what we can all do!
:clover:
I have been on the 5:2 for over a year. I wanted to lose 9-10 lbs and lost 17. I was happily maintaining until about 2 weeks ago ... and now the weight is steadily creeping back up. I am almost 5 lbs heavier. I am still fasting twice a week. Has anyone else experienced this?
5 posts Page 1 of 1