The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

54 posts Page 3 of 4
I have been so successful on 5:2 and it's follow on partner 16/8 that I feel I could be the 'Poster girl' for this diet, oh, maybe not at the moment as I sit here with a head full of electric rollers, :shock: but I realise that not everyone has been so lucky. Prior to this I was a yo-yo dieter with all the awful negative emotional issues which accompany having fat that you are trying to escape from so I really empathise with folk on here who are struggling. There is a lot of information on this site and I have really been educated about all sorts of things and I can see that the old adage,'eat less and move more' is just not appropriate for most of us. We all have to find what works for us as an individual and the 3500 calories = 1 lb of fat I feel must be another arbitrary figure as we are all so individual, nothing can be so exact, so experiment, for me, is the name of the game here. Good luck to everyone who is struggling

ballerina x :heart:
If haven't already, get a fitbit. They really do make you move more.

(I'm morally obliged to do some plugging for this wonderful product, I happened to run mine through the washing machine and they sent me a new one for free. Please don't use this information to take advantage of their genereous business practice)
Michael,

I understand, from a sort of fairy person who must remain nameless, that I am to be given a Fitbit Force on or around Christmas this year, so I shall try to avoid the cleansing process to which yours fell foul :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
An someone please tell me how many hours is a fasting day? I start mine definately at 12 pm before I go to bed, then have 500 cals through out the day, go to bed then have my next meal (breakfast) at 9.30ish the following morning......this is 33 hours.......am I going too long without food? Could this be why I havnt lost any weight in 4 weeks?
That sounds like you are doing it right to me.
Well thats my 4th full week of fasting and still NOT AN OUNCE lost.....starting to lose faith as I have been extremly vivilant...even on my feeding days I have stuck to my TDEE which is 1645...
Dont really know what to do now....the only thing I can think of is I take medication for Angina, could this be holding me back?
Today is my fast day so I will stick with it.....but very down hearted
PLEASE do not give up, there will have already been great changes going on in your body which you are not aware of yet so stick with it. Have you taken any measurements? Often people find that they shrunk in size without losing any weight and then the weight loss eventually catches up with them. I was a VERY slow starter and to me 4 weeks is nothing but I do remember how frustrated I was and also on the point of giving up, so glad I stuck with it as I wanted the health benefits as well as the weight loss, good luck

Thank you ballerina for your encouragment......I was positive I was going to lose this week.:-(
I will stick with it but this week will be a battle of the will !!
happyholidays wrote: Thank you ballerina for your encouragment......I was positive I was going to lose this week.:-(
I will stick with it but this week will be a battle of the will !!

And you 'WILL' do it!

When I started I didn't lose a thing for over two weeks so I switched to 4:3 and after much reading on the internet I decided that fasting for at least 16 hours (since my evening meal the night before) was going to be the best fat burning regime for me. I usually break my fast at about 2pm in the afternoon now. At 63 years of age weight loss can be slow. That kick started everything and I have been losing quite well since. I also avoid refined and high carb food and sugar. Don't give up....give it a go.
I have just read this topic and wondered if you were still fasting and have you lost any weight yet........
I am still fasting 5:2because when I did fast 4:3 I got so extremely hungry after my fasts that I was over eating and craving carbs. So I went back to eating 5:2 and trying to do the 16:8 but after I wake up from my fast day I am extremely hungry and can't wait until noon to eat. I am still at the same weight I started. I have varied my exercises everyday so that I am not doing the same thing every day. Ugh! I am getting fusterated but I know that the carbs could be my problem on feast days.
Auriga wrote: When I started I didn't lose a thing for over two weeks so I switched to 4:3 and after much reading on the internet I decided that fasting for at least 16 hours (since my evening meal the night before) was going to be the best fat burning regime for me. I usually break my fast at about 2pm in the afternoon now. At 63 years of age weight loss can be slow. That kick started everything and I have been losing quite well since. I also avoid refined and high carb food and sugar. Don't give up....give it a go.

I just turned 50 this week so this does give me some hope. I weigh 153 and 5' 7" and haven't lost a single pound since I started this last April. I did my measurements last week and I gained inches in my stomach and hips but lost inches in my thighs and calves. Not were I wanted to lose the inches. Very fusterating!!!
Hi @youda1, just wanted to say I admire you for sticking to it. Perhaps you have to regard 5:2 as something that is keeping you healthy and preventing weight gain you might otherwise have had?

I don't really have any tips, but I wonder with all the negative publicity about sugar lately, whether that would be something you could try cutting from your life for a while? Just on the grounds that if what you are doing isn't getting the results you would like, experimenting with something different is worth a try.
I cannot imagine how frustrated you must be!

I have had a similarly difficult time losing, but at least I had a medical condition I could point to (an out-of-whack thyroid).

My suggestion, which seems to be working for me this month: I bought a fitbit (the One) and worked my way to up 10K steps per day. The fitbit tracks my TDEE based on my activity, age, weight, gender etc and tells me how many calories I can eat. I figured on a weekly calorie deficit I want, and plan around that. I'm doing a proper fast once a week - not eating until 6pm and keeping it to 25% of my TDEE. This gives me about an 1800 calorie deficit, which is a great way to start my week! Then for the rest of the week, I am for a minimum of 12 hour fasts each day (basically, I just skip breakfast or have a late one). I get in at least a 1 mile walk before i eat breakfast/lunch in order to burn off my glycogen stores. this month I've lost more than the last 6 months combined!
54 posts Page 3 of 4