The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

54 posts Page 4 of 4
Hi:

I computed your TDEE as 1700 cal. If you had been eating 500 cal. on your diet days and your TDEE the rest of the days, you could have lost over 20 pounds by now.

I repeat my post of 30 Oct to you - you are eating too many calories.

Good Luck!
Hi @Youda1 just saw you wake up hungry and, as you like your carbs, just wondered if you had seen the thread started by Lu Lu "I don't feel hungry at all this morning" as FatDog has made some interesting points at the end of it. Hope it helps.
Hi @youda I am still in the same boat as you, I reckon just keep doing the best you can to suit you. It is a way of life and a capacity for persistence, a stall is your personal challenge. You know your own reality. :victory:

For my stall I set incentives, latest I have joined the Fast FIT group on the forum to, see if some persistent movement goals will shake things up or ought I say off. Going like the clappers on the cross trainer for bursts is interesting :razz:

I mix up the reducing the carbs deleting wheat except have some when overwhelmed with fatigue, also try to throw in a few 18/6. Also reducing sugar

My cravings at present are fruit so on my feast days that is what eat and my preferences continue to be for more plant based diet like tonight I will tuck into a cauliflower au gratin with salad. Off to the beach now and breakfast out before it's too hot. :cool:
@youda, you certainly deserve a medal for persistence, and I take my hat off to you!

My 2 cents' worth: I kinda agree about the carbs, they can make you very hungry, and then the cycle repeats. You could try cutting them to under 100 g on feeding days, and make sure any that you eat are low glycaemic index (www.glycemicindex.com)

I've been reading Steve Boutcher's book, "20 x 3", available here:

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=bFZ ... er&f=false

(hope the link works!)

It's mostly about HIIT, but he also talks about both stress and not enough sleep as potent causes of chronically high cortisol levels, in turn causing the weight to pile on. I wonder whether this might be contributing in your case? He suggests simple meditation and visualization techniques, available in lots of places, plus good sleep hygiene - I use an iphone app called Sleep Cycle to log my nights' sleep, and I find it useful to explain why some days I can be very lethargic if I haven't slept well or long enough.

I am assuming that you've had your thyroid function repeated recently?

So hope this helps for you!!
oh sorry @youda1, I left out the 1 so the tag didn't work!
I would try more fat & protein at night if I was you. I always wake up if I'm hungry so pretty much all along I haven't counted my night-time cocoa (cocoa with milk, no sugar) as part of my calorie count. Now that I do 16:8, I don't count calories at all so have it with cream. Occasionally put coconut oil in it.

Sleeping really well, which helps with changing body composition. I train pretty hard now so not losing weight atm but getting smaller.
When I told my friend about 5:2.
She said she had done similar years ago but had ballooned in weight.
Sometimes, there are hidden issues that need to be addressed first.
Tenshi
Well I have decided to not do the 5:2 for a few weeks and eat from 11:00am to 6pm. I have taken a liver cleanse now for 3 days and as of today I have already lost one pound. I am happy with that and will continue to do what I have been doing and trying to eat my carbs before 2 pm per one of the suggestions. Thanks for the help.
Liver cleansers are widely and highly regarded as weight loss supplements. I'm glad you found what works for you.

Good Luck!
54 posts Page 4 of 4