The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

18 posts Page 1 of 2
Spouse support
25 Sep 2013, 10:31
I have been hearing stories from friends whose husbands are difficult around the issue of 5:2 always offering extra food/glass of wine etc even after it being carefully explained and the other person not making a big deal out of it. Does anyone else have that problem? :?:
Re: Spouse support
25 Sep 2013, 10:45
I dont as hubby is in the dark as to what is going on....best leave him out of it as he is a nagger and already thinks I am body and skinny and wants me to eat. I swear that in the previous life he was an Asian grandmother as that man nags like one!!

He has stopped telling me when I eat chocolate or chips that I dont need to be eating them.
25 Sep 2013, 10:47
Oh yes! That's my husband! But he's not being difficult...he's just chronically forgetful! He can never remember which days I'm fasting, so come the evening meal he asks if I'd like a glass of wine or serves me some potatoes/pasta/rice or whatever he and DS are having to accompany the meal. He's very supportive and proud of my accomplishment :heart: but not very with it! *bless*
25 Sep 2013, 10:54
The first question every morning is 'Fast day or normal' so he can make sure he puts the correct milk in my tea.
25 Sep 2013, 11:00
My ex, who is now a close friend, immediately bought me a huge chocolate bar. He now gets it though and is supportive. (I'm not into chocolate anyway, different story if he had bought me chips/crisps)
25 Sep 2013, 11:07
Ditto most of the above :shock:
Mine is also unaware i'm fasting he knows I'm calorie counting which is true for 3 days per week he also knows it working well he'd have to have serious sight problems after 40 ish lbs :victory:
Yes he's very supportive he now accepts that I don't have wine and other treats mon-thurs treats only 3 days per week and obviously he's fine with that and is proud of me and my results. I'm also getting stronger serving up his desserts and carbs etc I can now mostly refuse. Sue
25 Sep 2013, 11:07
I am lucky enough to have a lovely man who is very supportive. Well, except when we go to the restaurant, that is, as soon as my glass is empty, he puts wine in it and is genuinly surprised that I am a slow drinker :grin:
26 Sep 2013, 02:40
The hubby is fantastic and very supportive! He is a nurse and very interested in healthy eating and exercise (unlike some of his colleagues!!) and has read all the blurb and thinks it's great. He knows I will snap if he tried to assist with 'dieting' as I have in the past. He realises this is different though, and therefore much more likely to succeed! He does join in a weekly fast for health benefits as the ratbag is skinny and fit!!
26 Sep 2013, 02:50
My BF thinks I'm doing really well but if I moan on a fast day he does tend to say (nicely) 'have something to eat then' cuz he feels sorry for me, which I think is sweet :)
Lil :heart:
26 Sep 2013, 03:10
See, he IS supportive, even if he does slip up occasionally!!
26 Sep 2013, 03:19
Hehe, yeh he isn't all bad. Plus when I'm feasting he waits on me hand and foot :)
Thanks Debs
Lil :heart:
26 Sep 2013, 09:15
Luckily my husband is doing the 5:2 alongside me, so we agree which days we're doing it and we eat the same food (although he gets a slice of toast with his soup.) Job done! :cool:
26 Sep 2013, 10:41
I was just thinking about how the situation between my mum and dad is completely the opposite of mine with my partner.

My mum began to fast one day a week monday, just to give it a try and see if she can fast, if she feels good, etc and my dad was really worried it would be bad for her, she wouldd become too weak and fall ill or something like that. She really really need to lose weight but has no real willpower so it's difficult and he doesn't help it.
26 Sep 2013, 10:56
My OH joined in once he saw that I was enjoying it and that it was working for me. I am very lucky though as he has always supported me no matter what.

He's my rock and now that we are both on this it's great. If I am having a bad day or need some encouragement then he's there for me.
18 posts Page 1 of 2