The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

24 posts Page 1 of 2
Healthy BMI - Slow weight loss?
23 Apr 2013, 11:58
Anyone else in same boat?

I lost 2.5lbs over 3 weeks starting but have shot up to 1/4lb over my start weight - feeling very disheartened :(
Sorry to hear that my dear :(

Have you read this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1006

I wouldn't put too much stock in it on just one weigh in, it could well be water retention or any number of other things as weight can vary by a few pounds easily over the course of a day let alone a week.

Don't be discouraged. Stay positive & keep going - there are usually ups and downs on the scales in the first few weeks as the water/fat ratio in your body adjusts. Fear not, I very much doubt you've gained almost 3lbs of fat in a week (you would need to have overeaten by over 10,000 calories that week! - and extra 5 or more days worth of food!)
Timbermiss: As Moogie says, weight goes all over the place for no apparent reason (eg I gained after a fast day, lost after the feed day that followed it!) so the way to handle this that some of us have discovered is the Libra app (android) but I expect there will be something similar for I-pad/phone which smoothes out fluctuations and gives a general trend line - if this is going downwards you are winning! With this you can weigh every day & let the app decide what is really happening - great for maintenance, when you get there, as well... (Pretty soon, by your BMI).
The trueweight ap for iphone is good for evening out the fluctuations.
Thank you Moogie, Creaky Pete and Caro for your words of wisdom.

Much appreciated - Carp I will download this app on iphone now to help me, sorry just panicking - like things to happen yesterday. :oops:

Will try to be patient - Thanks again folks :like:
I've found it's easy to learn to be patient with this way of eating, as I'm not having to deny myself all my favourite foods :) So what if the weight loss isn't jaw-dropping every week, when at least it's going down despite me nomming away on cakes and biccies!
Indeed its a very manageable way of losing weight, perhaps I am bloated or havent taken in enough fluids - will keep an eye on things.

Creaky Pete has done fab, just checked out his tracker - well done :)
Agree with all the previous comments and just wanted to add that a healthy BMI does not mean you won't lose weight with 5:2 if you do it properly. I started with a BMI of 21 and lost 6kgs in 8 weeks to get to a BMI of just under 19.... so you can lose weight and it doesn't have to be slow loss either. Good luck!
Thanks Franglaise - you have done superb.

What do you eat on typical fast days?

Thanks
I never eat anything until the evening. I find it easier that way and don't even get hungry now. In the evening I eat things like homemade veg soups, veg chilli, fish or lean meat and veg. Plus an orange and a couple of squares of dark chocolate. Never any carbohydrates or alcohol. I keep it as simple as possible and look forward to breakfast the next morning!
Thank you for that, I struggle not eating anything to evenings so I have been eating,
homemade tomato soup from 52 diet recipe then cajun salmon with salad with a dribble of balsamic vinegar.

What do you eat on non fast days?

Thanks
So sorry to hear you are finding it tough. How about getting regular support to encourage you. Sometimes, someone from outside the home is better.
Hi
I'm new here and this is my first post but i just wanted to say keep at it and i'm sure you will be ok. I look forward to hearing about your progress again soon :-)
Have a loook at the link in my signature, it's all be said before...
Thank you Karenryan524 and dohpeterchina, I was called away Sunday so Was unable to fast on my usual days Mon & Wed, I am now fasting today, however I jumped on scales this am to see what I had put on over the weekend - however I was just 9st 9 and a qtr - so pleased only gain of 1lb and a qtr :)
24 posts Page 1 of 2