The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 86 of 134
Previous 1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
17 Jan 2014, 23:23
Thanks guys, I think I made the most of the last couple of days feeling sorry for myself :wink: and I'm ready to get back on with the same old same old but keeping my stress levels down and not taking certain medications (antihistamines).

I need to publicly thank @carorees. She has PM'd me a few times with information and suggestions which make sense of what the three doctors have told me, it has all been very reassuring.

Oh yes @Sue.Q, I love your Rocking Pussy! I think the correct word of the moment is 'epic'.
17 Jan 2014, 23:29
@Chook, I did google QTC and the first thing that came up was 'QTC and Sudden Cardiac Death' :shock: . I decided not to look at it or anything else and just take it as it comes :wink: .

Interesting that is can be related to the menopause as I'm 46 and have been getting night sweat for the last 4 years. It is also good to hear that it is something that can come and go.

Thanks for your comments.
18 Jan 2014, 01:35
Fingers crossed its something that will ease off on its own wildmissus. You are probably noticing it more now because you are triggered to notice it as well. Still, fingers crossed for you.
18 Jan 2014, 07:30
Morning. Anyone in the UK watching BBC breakfast? They are doing a review of the papers. Apparently there has been a surge in 'bad' foods according to the supermarkets. They are attributing it to 5:2, and people indulging on feast days. The reviewer called it 'a celebrity fad'. It's times like this when I wish I knew how to use Twitter :curse:
18 Jan 2014, 08:01
@rawkaren you NEED twitter. I can give you a lesson, or @pennyforthem will. I suspect she's better at it than me :smile:
18 Jan 2014, 08:09
Yikes!! @rawkaren good grief.

As we all know it's the opposite, can you send them an email??

No bad or naughty foods touch my lips on Fast days.

Cheers
Maggie :smile: :smile:
18 Jan 2014, 08:16
Wendy Darling wrote: @rawkaren you NEED twitter. I can give you a lesson, or @pennyforthem will. I suspect she's better at it than me :smile:

ok, give me twitter 101 and I will have a go later this morning and tweet you both
18 Jan 2014, 08:33
Good morning everyone !!!!!!!:kiss:

@wildmissus So great you are in such good hands :like:

I am so angry at the doctor who was supposed to do that with my mum since mid November. He told her she had stones, he was SURE of it except she had an important exam in another hospital yesterday (they had the right machines impossible to have in a small hospital like here) and after the operation (they had to open a tiny bit to go and see) the surgeon told my parents that there were no stones. Nope. Nothing. Nada. Just a minor issue with the liver but nothing life threatening. So, in fact, the other "doctor" gave the wrong diagnostic, the wrong medicine, let my mum worry like crazy and stay in bed for 2 months for NOTHING.

OK, sorry for the vent, it's just that I find it irresponsible, that's all.

On another note, I found the MM's book on the free library online with my book reader app on my phone. That was surprising as it's fairly new. I didn't even know I could read a book on my phone, damned I feel old...... :rotfl:
18 Jan 2014, 08:56
Morning tweeps!
Have DM'd you Karen re Twitter.
I've prepared a guide for people to start using twitter (for some reason, I'm asked quite a lot) so if anyone wants a copy, DM me.
However, @WendyDarling is probably on the case as I speak!

Hubs and I are off to a posh (and nationally known, gulp) country residence for lunch; can't say more, but I know the food will be light, delicious and impeccable. Plus of the best provenance available. I shall let you know!

Yes, it does annoy me too, when 5 2 gets negative press because people do not understand the fundamentals of it. Why not talk to real people, who have achieved real success and changed the way they perceive food? There are plenty of shining examples here!

Right oh, time for dog walk no 2 (literally!)
18 Jan 2014, 09:34
My twitter handle is @cloates1.
18 Jan 2014, 09:36
I've got one too, I just don't know how to use it either! No patience!!
18 Jan 2014, 09:37
How come when it doesn't matter which socks I wear today (jeans and boots day) the first three pairs were "wrong"?
18 Jan 2014, 09:39
Re Twitter, tried it, forgot about it! Only a follower though - no account that I know of.
18 Jan 2014, 09:41
AnnieW wrote: How come when it doesn't matter which socks I wear today (jeans and boots day) the first three pairs were "wrong"?

Lol
How can they be wrong Annie?
18 Jan 2014, 09:46
Actually @PennyForthem your trip to a luxury restaurant has reminded me of my encounter with the other half! Last year we went to a wonderful hotel (The Four Seasons) to say goodbye to my sister who was emigrating to Canada. Well, when we drove up the long drive we noticed a lot of staff standing out the entrance looking at us. I even made the comment that it felt as though we were royalty! The staff were very polite and just asked us to move the car a little forward. We then looked behind and realised that Prince Andrew was driving his Land Rover behind us! Yes, I ended up walking into the Four Seasons side by side with Prince Andrew!!

Bean :grin:
Previous 1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 86 of 134