The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello all,

I don't know how people are going to feel about this post, but I was just hoping to get a few responses to the diet that I intend to try this week. My friend is currently doing it and she has been very successful in her weight loss.

http://www.jaduncan.com/2006/04/how-i-l ... -week.html - here is the web address for the diet.

I will do it for one week and still eat less than 500 calories on two of the days.

Thoughts, anyone?

Pinchy xx :oops:
Hiya Pinchy. Good to see you back here regularly.

I don't warn to be negative, but the only reason we are all here is because of these types of restrictive diets. You did amazingly well "just" fasting last year, I always steer away from diets which tell you to eat this at breakfast, that at lunch and something else for dinner.

You are already a very food educated individual, and in my opinion you know what to do without this. No snaking, no alcohol, that alone will cut calorie intake, and help with weight loss.

So in summary, you don't need it, but if you want to give it a bash then do , but I don't think you'll get that calorie deficit you need for fasting to work, will you? :?:
It's not something I'd recommend due to being too low in fat and too high in carbs in my opinion. One week won't harm though! All that fruit would be much better replaced by vegetables and with the calories saved have some fat!

You might like to read about metabolism:
https://www.fastday.com/fasting/metabolism-101/
Fat burning:
https://www.fastday.com/fasting/fasting ... rning-fat/
How insulin controls fat storage:
https://www.fastday.com/fasting/insulin ... e-and-fat/
And why a low fat diet is not healthy:
https://www.fastday.com/fasting/some-my ... -examined/
I personally would not do it because I enjoy having a long daily fast, hence I eat in an eating window to facilitate this and this diet can not provide that for me. I actually agree with everything Carieoates says, why do such a restrictive thing, the ides of IF is to move away from these sorts of diets but hey, if you think it will do for you then give it a twirl and good,luck,

Ballerina x :heart:
Your decision @pinchypops But speaking as an old woman whose tried every diet on this planet all Very restrictive on certain foods and groups all worked temporarily NONE sustainable this WOL is and with absolutely no restrictions on your normal days, you've had good results with 5:2 in the past and recently we just need to find the "key" to get us back into weightloss again, as for not being allowed it may or may not be but one thing is for sure you don't NEED this type of diet.
:clover: Good. Luck with your decision :clover:
You're all right - plus, I can't stand grapefruit. Sod it - I'll leave it alone xx
pinchypops wrote: You're all right - plus, I can't stand grapefruit. Sod it - I'll leave it alone xx

Well done @pinchypops Much better decision and sticking with this will save you money because you'd have lashed out quite a lot of cash doing that one.
Take it from someone who has spent a lot of cash on slimming diets, pill, devices, clothing, other such crap!!! one "crash" diet put me in hospital,
this WOL is the absolute only way for me. :clover: :like: :clover: :like:
Hi Pinchy,the idea of losing a stone in a week is tempting, but then again, nobody can guarantee you will lose that much, or that you' ll keep it off.
Folk like us have grown more used to an empty tum...but we only have to do that for 2 days a week ..seven days straight is a lot more!
My main reservation is this...there's plenty of good protein and fruit in there ( maybe salad or veg might be better some of the time) so probably not damaging physically...but it's just the promise of a quick fix that bothers me, done it too often in the past and it hasn't been good for me in the long run.
If you do it tho, i don't think you should be considering two days of 500 cals or under,just follow it as it is x
I did this once... And I did NOT lose a stone - probably cos I couldn't stick rigidly to it, far too restrictive, and it was before I learnt how to manage hunger so I was constantly hungry!
Pinchypops I love your second post :) x
Good decision pinchy!
I may be wrong ( I probably am :dazed: ) but I have heard that you can't physically lose than more than 1 kg of fat a week? If this is true then the other 12 pounds would mostly be water and a bit of muscle.
Good decision but of course its your choice.
Xxx julianna
Hi buddy @pinchypops. Very glad you're not going to do it. We'd all love to lose a stone in a week but that diet seems a bit like fasting everyday, I don't think I'd get passed day 2 and I'd have to tweek it so much it wouldn't even be the same diet. Anyway us fasters are going to show the world the right way to lose weight and keep it off, this weight took a long time to creep on and it will take some time to get rid of, but we will do it in a safe and relaxed way that's sustainable. We know there is no quick fix honey so just keep doing what you're doing and each week you'll be a little closer to your goal. Good luck pinchy. :clover: When are your fastdays this week? :clover:
Hi bud ,@justdee!

I'm in today and Thursday, I think. Today I have had a breakie of avocado, grilled mushrooms and tomatoes on toast and will probably have stir fry or something like that for supper.

I know that there's no quick fix and i know that this WoL works - I was just having a daft moment.

About to go on a drizzly walk with my bf now - much better way of keeping the weight off than living on a diet of eggs and grapefruit! Please excuse the blip xx :razz:
:heart: Good decision @pinchypops. That is the original Grapefruit Diet (slightly modified) which I did more than 35 years ago. I stuck to it for a week, lost maybe half a stone, felt hungry and grumpy all week and gained it all back in less than a month.
Stick with us - intermittent fasting is the way there not deprivation diets. :heart: :like:
pinchypops wrote: You're all right - plus, I can't stand grapefruit. Sod it - I'll leave it alone xx

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you made me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
22 posts Page 1 of 2