The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

52 posts Page 2 of 4
I'm slipping down the rankings...:sad:
Don't worry carieoates. It's a very fluid listing and things change all the time :)

I've been AWOL for a day or two as I'm in a blur of suitcases and boxes. We are moving stuff out of storage that hasn't been moved for ten years as well as packing to go back to Saudi.

I just came online to see if I had any messages and I had another request for our group. Fingers crossed it's gone through and we now have out thirtieth member!

In all the moving around I lost the sleep wrist band from my one and can't find it anywhere. I wrote to fitbit support and they are sending out a new one to me. Another story to add to their great customer service reputation.

I just wanted to add that I will be traveling Wednesday and Thursday so might not be able to add anyone else to the group in those days. Does anyone know if any member can add a new member or does it have to be only me?

Have a good week everyone and enjoy your fitbitting and 5:2ing :)
Hi fitbitters, don't know how long I will sustain being at the top but I have to say that it feels nice :victory: although I have aches and pains all over :frown: good luck to you all... By the way, I received my weekly email last Monday in the evening. Didn't get the new one yet as it is just noon time here in NY
Umleila, yes anyone can invite others to join the fitbit group, just need their email address. They can PM any of us. Probably something we should add to our first message when we start our weekly chat thread.

And remember sometimes it's not about climbing the rankings as much as it is about your personal journey and improving week over week. :oops:
Well said about the rankings Linda, but I'm just behind you and several hours ahead so .........
Got my first weekly stat e-mail was actually better than I expected.

Total Steps: 49949 Average: 7136 Best Day: 15462
Total Distance: 36.06km Average: 5.15km Best Day: 11.16
Total Floors: 64 Average: 9 Best Day: 17
Nothing for me today. Sat by my daughters hospital bed. She's had plastic surgery on a nasty scar. Then on Hols from thurs, might get some steps in but that's about it.
I hope she makes a speedy recovery carieoates and that you have a lovely holiday :)

Here are my weekly stats:

total steps 127,286
average 18,184
best day 20,185

total distance 56.58
average 8.08
best 8.89

total floors 466
average 67
best 102

total cals burned 15,255
average 2,179
best 2,299

It was a busy week. I don't expect to do quite as much next week. I've also eaten a lot more than usual this week with no fast days so far. I'm hoping some of the exercise will offset a little.

Golinda did you make your 100 floors? I also realized one day that I was nearing 100 and pushed myself to get the badge. I don't think I will be repeating it anytime soon though :)
I'm pleased with what I did in my first week (from a sitting start!)
23,590 steps
ave 3370
best 9173

Onwards and upwards, though (at my grand old age!) I'm going for stamina rather than speed!
Bought a fitbit zip today just for fun. I had been using a pedometer on my phone but as my phone stays in my bag at work I guessed the total was not very accurate.
Well I've spent the evening setting up the zip. After hours of fiddling with the website, fitbit app and myfitnessspal app (when I should have been working) I've realised that the zip won't sync with my phone because I have an iPhone 4 not a 4S!
This could work out very expensive as I am now feeling the urge for a phone up grade!
Impressive stats Umleilla. Especially the floors. I wish you all continuous improvement so you'll bit me and I would have to increase my goals... The sky is the limit :grin: my great concern now is not to get hurt because i would hate to stop running and walking...I don't know why but I didn't get my stats email this week :confused:
Just got it

i Einat B., here are your weekly stats.
8/12/2013 to 8/18/2013
WEEK'S MOST ACTIVE DAY
Sat, Aug 17 WEEK'S LEAST ACTIVE DAY
Sun, Aug 18
TOTAL STEPS
141,033 DAILY AVERAGE
20,148 steps
BEST DAY
25,148 steps
TOTAL DISTANCE
103.06 km DAILY AVERAGE
14.72 km
BEST DAY
18.44 km
TOTAL FLOORS CLIMBED
235 DAILY AVERAGE
34 floors
BEST DAY
42 floors
TOTAL CALS BURNED
14,754 DAILY AVERAGE
2,108 cals
BEST 2,397 cals
Umleila...I did get my 100 floor badge, my 75 one also! I certainly don't expect to see either of them very often. Thanks for asking:)

PennyForthem...we all started somewhere, and like you said it was from a sitting start. I can't run, so all of my steps are by walking. That's the reason I have so many active minutes. Takes me longer to get a shorter distance than runners, but I'm determined.

What is amazing is how it has really changed my shape. I know it's a combination from both the 5:2 and walking but I declare, I'm really losing my bumm. I'd like some to come off the waist now...it's being stubborn. I wonder if doing the speed walking form would whittle the waist any...may have to give it a try and just ignore the passer bys laughing at me.

Nikipins, my phone is too old as well. I do fine with my computers at home and at work. AND if you walk by someone else who has a blue tooth enabled device with Fitbit program downloaded it will update you as well. But hey, if you are looking for an exscuse to buy a new phone, go for it!

Keep it up everyone!
Got my first weekly email last night, was quite pleased with my starting weeks, from tomorrow will be rubbish for fasting and exercise as on hols to my mums and she's going to feed me up (as usual) but hey ho I'll survive.
Thanks @Umleila: She's doing great.
I'm not worried about slipping down the leader board, just an observation. :oops: . Its been great fun watching the movement amongst everyone, espec you top - spotters. You never know I might get near there one day!!!

DAILY AVERAGE
11,073 steps
BEST DAY
12,413 steps

TOTAL DISTANCE
34.84 miles
DAILY AVERAGE
4.98 miles
BEST DAY
5.61 miles

TOTAL FLOORS CLIMBED
DAILY AVERAGE
18 floors
BEST DAY
29 floors

TOTAL CALS BURNED
DAILY AVERAGE
2,618 cals
BEST DAY
2,899 cals
@carieoates glad your daughter's doing well.

Only been on the treadmill a week now and hub said when he got home last night, that I'm looking trimmer! (he's good like that!)
It's going off thighs and bum (which weren't the biggest part of me!) but slow off the waist. In fact, I'm still carrying that pizza I scoffed on Sunday!

Holibobs soon, part of it with friends, so it'll be a boozy, foodie time! I can cope with that now.
52 posts Page 2 of 4