The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

42 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Almost 4 fasts in.....
16 Mar 2014, 00:03
Pressure has gone up a notch with work and I'm noticing its harder to be steady. However there are steady days, or parts of days, which seems to be keeping me below calorie limits.

My carb count is pretty high, around 170 a day or more. I don't go over my calorie count, I'm even 200 below my non-fast limit most days.
From what I know if I keep on this high carb tally, I will end up having stronger and stronger carb cravings?

Just brainstorming here what I can do to increase yum without reaching for bread.
    make eggplant dip with carrots and celery sticks
    make cauliflower rice (try it mixed half half with rice to start with?)
    look up cauliflower recipes when not hungry
    make cauliflower pizza top with bacon and cheese and veg
    make more soups (cauliflower, chicken)
    try celeriac mash
    buy a low carb cook book
    buy MM cook book
    find a nice substitute for milk
    someone mentioned low carb crackers on here find the recipe
    buy nice apples
    find low carb cake recipe
    make sure low cal snacks are around
    journal
    nap
    distribute tasks across the week to reduce stress
    walk everyday
    green tea instead of milk in ordinary tea
    buy milk in smaller containers
    sausages seems to trigger carb eating don't know why
    make sausages from mince meat
    find a low carb crumb for chicken breast, and tasty recipes for chicken breasts
    find a substitute for rice noodles for the viet rolls
    don't stress its a long journey and you're doing well
    meditate
    have breaks
    plan meals everyday
    plan treats - breakfasts are good out can have bacon and eggs and no toast
    save the money you'd spend on eating out.
    count the cals you use when using BBQ sauce.
    Count cals when using honey.
    I'm using a lot of honey. Try yogurt without honey.
    Yogurt and cottage cheese recipes for snacks.
    Finally know you're going to have moments where you retreat. Feel no shame when you need support on fast days.
[/list] :victory: :victory: :victory:
16 Mar 2014, 00:18
What a long list here is my POV buddie

Why add the rice the cauliflower rice is just wonderful on its own or add broccoli instead
You have to factor in the honey in yoghurt try low fat yoghurt like Black Swan ..yum
Sausages contain bread so making your own is a great idea
Celery sticks with cream cheese and pesto drizzle is low carb
Soups of forum threads are fantastic and low cal and carb: green; cauliflower garlic ; tomato veg
Celeriac mash devine but need to whizz it to fluff it up and add cream
Low carb crackers are on the FatDog thread they are made of flax seed and yummy
The low carb cook book which is good is celiac brooks brown again FatDogs thread has heaps
Reawakens cake recipes in her blog re banana bread and spices pumpkin bread are delish
Exercise is key

There that is enough from me
16 Mar 2014, 00:38
You're going really well Jo. Keep posting.
Sorry I didn't reply to your lovely reply earlier even though you tagged me I wasn't notified ( weird huh? That's happened a few times to me)
Have a great day!
Xxx julianna
17 Mar 2014, 06:31
Yeah I think you're right exercise is key @gillymary. I'm still struggling to get that done, but it's definitely improving.
I might add butter to the cauliflower rice? It sounds tasteless.
Thanks for the tip on the cookbook. I will look for it.
Today's carb count has been really down which I'm happy with. Although started out with bread.
Fast yesterday went well, but broke at 1am as I couldn't sleep with little yogurt.
Next fast Wednesday which seems soon and I will look to doing something new.
17 Mar 2014, 06:34
julianna wrote: You're going really well Jo. Keep posting.
Sorry I didn't reply to your lovely reply earlier even though you tagged me I wasn't notified ( weird huh? That's happened a few times to me)
Have a great day!
Xxx julianna

Thanks so much @julianna, Let me know how you're going ?
Don't worry if you miss replying, I'm pleased you liked.
hope all is well
Jo :heart: :heart: :clover:
22 Mar 2014, 07:08
I've been struggling for 4 - 7 days.

:geek:

Looking at my records it seems exercise keeps carbs/cals down.

hmmmmm
walking...
:?:
22 Mar 2014, 21:07
:heart: @Jo05 Hey buddie why are you struggling alone over here take stock and rethink just as I did for me I've just realised a few mistakes have been made.
#1 well I didn't change my tracker when my walking dropped off due to the colder weather and life getting in
the way.
#2 well I should have restarted my walks sooner deffo.
#3 mixing up to many factors with LCHF
(to many nuts to soon) all with far to many calories.
Finding the reasons is a major result plus you've got loads of stuff going on in your life right now and if you can only manage one true fastday each week then so be it that's surely better than the past also all my normal days have now evolved into 18:6 I'm better with this because I'm not hungry in the mornings plus I save the calories from breakfast. :heart:
Take care and move slowly for now if needs be. :heart: Sue
22 Mar 2014, 21:52
This WOE has its ups and downs. I have been struggling since Christmas whilst I adjusted to living in a new country. My advice:

Fast when you can. If you can do at least one a week you will probably maintain. Whatever you do don't give up completely.
16:8 like Sue. Again it encourages discipline.
Choose sleep over exercise. Keep the cortisol down.
Drink lots of water.
22 Mar 2014, 22:21
Hi Jo,
Sorry you're in a hard patch. Good advice from Sue and Rawkaren. I'm going well. Have started losing again after a 6-8 week plateau so I'm really happy. I hope it gets easier for you.
Xxx julianna
24 Mar 2014, 00:55
Sue.Q wrote: :heart: @Jo05 Hey buddie why are you struggling alone over here take stock and rethink just as I did for me I've just realised a few mistakes have been made.
#1 well I didn't change my tracker when my walking dropped off due to the colder weather and life getting in
the way.
#2 well I should have restarted my walks sooner deffo.
#3 mixing up to many factors with LCHF
(to many nuts to soon) all with far to many calories.
Finding the reasons is a major result plus you've got loads of stuff going on in your life right now and if you can only manage one true fastday each week then so be it that's surely better than the past also all my normal days have now evolved into 18:6 I'm better with this because I'm not hungry in the mornings plus I save the calories from breakfast. :heart:
Take care and move slowly for now if needs be. :heart: Sue

Dear @Sue.Q, You're a darling for sharing your story with me. I went for a walk yesterday and did my first 16:8. It almost halved my cal intake thank goodness. Today I'm back struggling as I felt I needed breakfast as I had a headache and was concerned i needed energy for work.
I'm also thinking saving calories using 16:8 might help me for a while. I really liked yesterday, I hope I can save today too. Might try walking as well.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :clover: :clover: :like:
24 Mar 2014, 00:58
rawkaren wrote: This WOE has its ups and downs. I have been struggling since Christmas whilst I adjusted to living in a new country. My advice:

Fast when you can. If you can do at least one a week you will probably maintain. Whatever you do don't give up completely.
16:8 like Sue. Again it encourages discipline.
Choose sleep over exercise. Keep the cortisol down.
Drink lots of water.

Dear @rawkaren,
Thanks,, I'm reassured hearing we all have ups and downs. I will fast tomorrow or day after I think. I won't give up completely. I was relieved I did 16:8 yesterday after 5 pretty poor days.
Sleep I thought was better, but I'm going to take on board what you're saying about sleep versus exercise. I agree.
water water water....fills up now. TY
:heart: :heart: :heart: :clover: :clover:
24 Mar 2014, 01:00
julianna wrote: Hi Jo,
Sorry you're in a hard patch. Good advice from Sue and Rawkaren. I'm going well. Have started losing again after a 6-8 week plateau so I'm really happy. I hope it gets easier for you.
Xxx julianna

That shows a lot of determination 8 weeks of waiting @julianna. I'm going to get used to this I hope. As Sue said i have a lot on.
Feels like it might be getting better slowwwwwwwwwly....thank you so much
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: xxxJo
42 posts Page 3 of 3