The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

42 posts Page 1 of 3
Almost 4 fasts in.....
28 Jan 2014, 10:04
I fast tomorrow for the forth time. OMG I'm pretty impressed! I had no faith I'd even get one done!

Now....tomorrows fast....
I've made the error of inviting my friend to breakfast, forgetting i was fasting. OK. Can't be enough to undo everything! I told her I'd have an egg and black tea. I should be ok. At least shes vegetarian, I'd cry if I had to look at her eating sausages (chuckles). She's not well so I feel it evens things up, me fasting and her not too well.

So I'm hoping to get through the day without an event. HOWEVER, last fast I had a stress moment where I thought "there are more important things to worry about* and nearly had a breakout.

I made it. With a friend encouraging me.

I hope it's ok tomorrow.

I will save hot choc for before bed, have most cals in evening, and remind myself I can have something non-carby but nice the following day. I think smoked salmon.

that's all for now
Jo
Re: Almost 4 fasts in.....
28 Jan 2014, 10:47
Well done on your willpower; your friend obviously understood! This is flexible though and you can change fast days to suit your life, that's why this is so good!
28 Jan 2014, 11:23
Well done Jo. I seem to remember you not being very confident. So now you know that it's possible, keep up the good work.
28 Jan 2014, 11:30
Way to go, Jo. I have a soft-boiled egg every fast day. For me, it's essential for some reason. It's never set off my hunger monster.
28 Jan 2014, 13:44
:heart: Well done @Jo05 on the 3 fastdays so far :heart:

So you're telling us you didn't believe us when we told you that you could do it eh :heart: lol
You did it and tomorrow you will be OK doing it again if however it goes wrong worry not and don't get stressed there always another option and a 16:8 or half fast is better than our old bad habits :heart: Yes I've got every faith in you doing tomorrow.
28 Jan 2014, 14:06
You can add a whole bunch of veggies to that egg for nearly no calories!!

Spray a small bit of cooking spray in a nonstick pan, and add a very thinly sliced onion. Sautee until translucent, soft and just starting to brown in spots. Add a whole lot of baby spinach leaves (or any cooking green) and sautee until wilted or cooked to your preference. Push the veggies to the side and break an egg into the pan. Cook until over easy or however you prefer it. Serve the egg on the bed of veggies. So much more food!!
29 Jan 2014, 06:00
The forth fast has gone reasonably well. Much appreciation for the forum support, I could not do it without you.

@Debs,
Thanks for reminding me that this is flexible and I will get back on the horse if I fall off.

Yes @carieoates, I was very reluctant to start as I totally was convinced I'd never be able to suffer a fast. I can. And I don't mind it, except for the light headedness.
@MaryAnn, yes my egg didn't set off the monster thank goodness. I might keep up the morning egg for a while yet. Also green tea has been good today.
Thanks so much @Sue.Q!
(blush) wellll I did believe that you guys could do it...but yeah I was not convinced I could. I will have to look into 16.8, but at present 5.2 is enough (good) weirdness in my week at present. And thanks Sue, this morning went well...I thought appreciatively of you all during the breakfast!
Hi @Tracieknits,
I actually had breakfast at a cafe, and so I asked for non-fat spinach and tomato with my lone poached egg. I would never had thought of it. It worked a treat. Helped slow me down and made the plate look respectable. Thank you :)
Jo :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
29 Jan 2014, 14:26
Well done Jo! Onwards and downwards! X
29 Jan 2014, 15:36
Well done! It's amazing what a little forethought and planning (and lots of advice and support from this forum) can do to limit potential danger points in this WOE! :smile:
29 Jan 2014, 16:07
Jo, you have come so far in such a short time, so just wanted to congratulate you on how well you are doing and how quickly you are adapting to your new WOL. Very well done! :like: :clover: :heart: :victory:
07 Feb 2014, 11:21
I think it's been a bit of a ride this process, which I've felt enormously grateful for.
I love finding something that helps me in so many ways, even if my feast days are slightly over the allowance, I'm still getting the other health benefits.

I've now read the book, but seriously this forum has educated me ten times more.

I got the walking started last week, but found I stopped this week. I think changing from 5:2 to 6:1 took a bit of emotional processing. I have been quite fearful the change would be dangerous and I'd lose touch with it.
I have managed most feast days to not go crazy, but still not counting. I'm nervous if i count just yet I will get frustrated and resentful. so for now I'm watching what I eat and count cals on fast days.
This coming week will again be 6:1 and I will reintroduce the walking. That's the plan for now.
I was way too dizzy with 2 fasts a week with the sleep deprivation and the spacey fast effects on me. But tomorrow I fast again.
I will post on the forum once a day around 9pm australia time.
ps thanks @callyanna for you very kind and encouraging words.
Bed now
x :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
07 Feb 2014, 11:26
You're very welcome Jo! Hope switching to 6:1 has the desired effect for you and makes fasting a tiny bit easier!
07 Feb 2014, 12:43
Hi @Jo05!

I just wanted to congratulate you on being so courageous at starting fasting when clearly you were rather nervous about it. Being afraid and doing it anyway is the absolute definition of courage, so you should feel very proud. :victory:

I'm also impressed with the way you are working through different options to find what suits you best. :like:

I'm sure you will, through self-experimentation and persistence, find a way of doing intermittent fasting that fits into your life and gives you the results you want.

Well done and keep it up!
:clover: :heart: :clover: :heart:
08 Feb 2014, 11:37
Thanks so much @caroreesfor your encouragement. I so admire how much you have put into this whole WOF and community. I see you give really helpful encouragement and ideas to people. I'm very grateful.

Today was fast 6. It was successful (well finishes in 10 hours or so), and I'm so happy that I was able to do it.

I first weighed myself 5 fasts in, which is a pity I don't know what weight I may have lost. But I think I might have a little.

Today I ate more at breakfast - I copied meals out of the book. I think I might be one of the people who are sensitive to changes in blood sugars. So a bigger breakfast made the day go soooo smoothly. I've have almost no spaceyness. Yay! I'm going to see how i sleep the next two nights. If I'm good, then I'm going back to 5:2.

I wonder if anyone else has found fasting seems to strengthen their assertiveness?
Might just be perimenopausal effects.
I feel this 6:1 is a good experiment. I was worried it was a mistake, instead I've learnt something about myself. I'm very happy for the support I was given to play around to find what suits.
cheers Jo :clover: :heart: :clover: :victory: :cool: :sleepy:
08 Feb 2014, 13:05
So glad you found something that's helping!

I certainly agree that fasting seems to have made me stronger. I've realized I'm stronger than I thought I was. And I've learned that I really don't need to snack - that generally, for me, snacking is an emotional/bored response to food and it's just not needed.
42 posts Page 1 of 3