The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

34 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Finally, I will be ........
13 Jul 2014, 07:11
Hello nutjob. Love your journal. It's a great place this isn't it?
Logging our thoughts and eating habits for all eternity is very helpful and great for us nosey people to read on a wet Sunday morning..lol :grin:
13 Jul 2014, 09:26
Well done Nutjob, I love your determination, yes you can do this. Have a lovely holiday and come straight back, we will be waiting for you :wink:
15 Jul 2014, 06:38
well weighed in this morning after my fourth week - no loss :)

I am a little disappointed in this but hey, I am still averaging over 1lb a week so not disheartened. 6lbs in four weeks is a bloody good loss - particularly when you think that I have been pretty much eating what I want. I have managed to lose another inch of my waist so that's fab!

So 6lbs in fat gone and 2 inches of my waist and my BMI is closer to where it should be - all positives! Really like this WOE, so simple and even if you screw up one day you can remedy it the next. I quite enjoy the fasts - after years of calorie counting and pointing it is just nice to not have to think about it. Now if my family could just feed themselves life would be so much easier lol!!!!

So 5 days till my holiday! Fasted yesterday and having fast tomorrow. I am gonna weigh myself on Saturday morning to get my final pre-holiday weight - hopefully I will have got under that 12 stone mark which will put me in a more positive frame of mind about myself. I know its only numbers but 11st something will feel so much better than 12stone something. Still not gonna look fab in a bikini but I should rock a maxi dress and heels.

Have a great positive day people!
15 Jul 2014, 22:35
Well done @Nutjob You're doing great :like:
You'll soon see the 11s but if it happens after your holiday that's fine you just have a great holiday and repair any damage done when you return if necessary with an extra fastday, that's the joy of this WOL the flexibility making it so sustainable, Good luck with tomorrow's fast I've done back2back Mon/Tues as I'm out tomorrow night for an Indian buffet meal, love this WOL for "allowing" us to eat normally and still whittle the pounds away. :clover: :clover: :clover:
16 Jul 2014, 19:51
So second fast of the week nearly complete! Doing Monday and Wednesday this week as out for lunch tomorrow (normal fast day). Hoping I have achieved a loss this week - will weigh in Saturday and see :)

Been a hard day for fasting today - row with an intimidating driver first thing this morning, on an empty stomach that's even harder to deal with. Was starving when I got in to work but did not succumb. Very hard physical day but survived till my rice cakes at 12, with a little philly and ham. LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of water as has been so hot but think I sweated out more than I drank - I swear the unit was at least 40 degrees in places!

Came home and cobbled together dinner for the famalam - pasta with tomato and garlic sauce with pepperoni and feta AND garlic bread :( Made do with my homemade chilli but only ate half as just did not fancy it (so only 130 calories!).

Really really want some chocolate but luckily there is none in the house so should be safe!
19 Jul 2014, 08:38
Yay!!! Final pre-holiday weigh in and I am UNDER 12 stone!!!! I know it is only just but I am sooooo happy to get under! That's 7lbs in four weeks and five days! Only another 13lbs to my goal of 11 stone. Then I can see if I can make it to 10st 7lbs which is where I would really like to be.

Would really have liked to lose 2 stone before I go but that would be unrealistic in just under five weeks! Glad I have kept to my first target of being under 12 though.

I have to say I have found this WOE pretty easy. Love my fast days (in a weird way!) I find them quite easy (apart from getting through the evening boredom eating that I normally partake of) and actually feel so much better after them. I seem to sleep better on fast days and don't get as tired as I do on the normal days.

I am going to enjoy my holiday and hopefully wont do too much damage and then get straight back on it when I come back!
29 Jul 2014, 07:11
So back from my holiday :confused:

Had a lovely time, ate and drank whatever I wanted and did no exercise at all (other than a leisurely walk to the bar!) result - 4lbs back on and an inch back on my waist!

Enjoyed myself and did not feel guilty (well not enough to behave myself). Back to work today and first fast day. This actually makes me happy (the fast not the work!) Looking forward to feeling less bloaty and not having to really think about food - until I get home and have to feed the masses. Also interested to see if it comes off as quick as it went on.

Gonna get back into the 11s and start heading for the 10s! :victory:
29 Jul 2014, 08:47
Lovely to see you back and in fighting form nutjob. It's funny how a fast day becomes a treat, to rest from eating until evening then enjoy each mouthful.
That holiday weight will melt away :0)
30 Jul 2014, 21:50
Well, back on plan from Monday! Ate well on Monday - no major overeating which is what I normally do when I get back from holiday. TBH normally I stuff myself for at least a week after I get back - if not longer and find it really hard to return to any restricted way of eating. Have actually not wanted to over indulge which surprised me immensely LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Three normal meals and a small slice of carrot cake in the evening - only wanted a small slice. Tuesday was a fast day - Yay!!! Really pleased to get back to fasting - few hunger pangs but nothing major. Small salad with some chicken for lunch and jacket potato, tuna and salad for dinner. Day went fine and felt good for fasting. Woke up this morning with a raging headache, not sure if it was due to the fast, not enough water or the weather. Smoothie for breakast, chocolate oat cookies for snack, feta and strawberry salad for lunch and out to dinner with the family. Went to ask and didnt want a starter, had creamy chicken pasta LUSH! and a few chips with garlic mayonnaise and didnt really want a dessert - however many times my husband asked me!!!! Did indulge with some Reeces Peanut Butter Cups when I got home though :) :0 :)

So, fast day tommorrow then just gotta get through to Monday when I can see if I have made a dent in getting rid of that holiday gain! Feeling positive.
(sorry for major waffle but feeling better for expressing all this gumph!)
31 Jul 2014, 21:57
Well done for getting straight back into the fasting after your holiday and for only putting on 4lb! I'm glad that this WOL is working so well for you. Onwards and downwards!
31 Jul 2014, 23:52
@nutjob Just loving your name! Welcome from me and congratulations on your early success. Keep going and post your progress! :like: :clover: :like:
05 Aug 2014, 07:11
YAY!!!!!! Back to my pre-holiday weight:-) it took one week to put on 4lb and one week and one day to get it back off. To say I am amazed is an understatement.

Normally I go on holiday, put on weight and then take months to get rid of the extra poundage! This time, back home ate normally and relatively healthy (apart from the Italian meal out and the full English brekkie with milkshake lol!!) three fast days (one at 777 cals ooops) and shifted it straight away.

Just gotta get rid of 13lbs now but thus has definitely encouraged me to continue. Off to explore London today so not a fast day
12 Aug 2014, 08:09
Ooops!!! Doesn't matter where I put my scales - they still say I have put on half a pound :(

To be honest I am not surprised - two successful fast days but had couple of major picky days when I went WAY over my tdee. Not been to bootcamp for three weeks and doing no exercise whatsoever so to just gain half a pound is actually fabulous lol!!!! At least I am still in the '11s' even if it is only just! Onwards and downwards :)
16 Aug 2014, 09:30
Okay so off to see my mother-in-law for long weekend! Love my mother-in-law - unfortunately she loves her food, every hour on the hour, at least. My record weight gain for seeing her is 7lbs for 3 days!!!! She doesn't cook, lives on take aways, deliveries and eating out and in between there are constant offers of chocolate, biscuits or cake! As we don't see her very often we spend our whole time there with her, she wont let me cook, if she makes a salad it is enough to feed a family of four on one plate! Needless to say she is of the larger variety of women and much as I try to encourage her just does not lose weight even though she needs to medically.

I am going to find this weekend hard, have completed my two fast days but have not been fab on my normal days so think I will have to resign myself to another gain this week :(. Will try and be as good as I can but two five hour drives with the family (who also like to eat pretty regularly!) and a weekend of limited food choices its not gonna be easy!
16 Aug 2014, 10:03
Just enjoy time with yr MIL ..she sounds like a blast!
I understand how you feel tho..other peeps and their feeding times,much as we love them,can really be a distraction and irritation when we're trying to keep to a different regime from theirs ! X
34 posts Page 2 of 3