The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

34 posts Page 1 of 3
Finally, I will be ........
07 Jul 2014, 16:40
So hello everyone,

I am 48, 5ft 5.5 in (the .5 is VERY important to me haha!)

I started on this Way of Eating (I refuse to call it a diet as so far it doesn't feel like one yay!) on 16th June. I have been thin, fat, middle, flabby, muscley and generally everywhere and everything! Once upon a time I weighed in at 14 st 7 lbs and was a very very miserable blob! Once I did manage to lose 2 stone in three weeks but that was called the "Divorce Diet" and don't really want to try that one again lol!!! I have also been 7st 7lbs (but that was MANY MANY years ago and I didn't like it!)

I have tried many ways to lose the flab and I did get to 9st 13lbs (way too skinny for me - yuck). Was also a WW leader for 5 years and stuck at 10st 2lbs for pretty much all that time. Over the last three years my weight has slowly crept up, gone down (a bit!!!), crept up (a lot), gone down (a bit!) and crept up until I arrived at 12st 6lbs.

WELL THIS IS IT!!!! Decided that I need a way of living that is easy, non -restrictive, not depressing and not hard work! Something that I can do every day without actually having to do too much.

Started on 16th June 12st 6lbs BMI 27.97 and w:H 60.48. After two weeks on this I have managed to drop to 12st 2lbs BMI 27.32 and W:H 58.96 - IN TWO WEEKS!!! Without really restricting my intake, without having to resist the food I eat or the wine I drink and without increasing my exercise. Yes - I have to restrict my calories two days a week but I actually don't mind - hunger does not kill me. I don't snack as much and I can resist that extra portion that I don't really need.

My third weigh in was due today but - due to Mother Nature paying another visit (her second in the three weeks since I have been doing this :( - she likes to muck me around a bit right now!) I am a little bloated today so have decided to weigh in tomorrow and do measurements etc. then. Fingers crossed the results are good - my clothes are definitely looser and I don't feel so urrrrkk so here's hoping.

Holiday in two weeks so if I can get under the 12st mark by then I will be a happy bunny (not overjoyed but hey took a while to get this big so gonna take a while to shift it).
Re: Finally, I will be ........
07 Jul 2014, 16:50
Hi and welcome! Enjoyed reading yr story! Well done so far
and Good luck with losing more in time for your holibobz! X
07 Jul 2014, 16:55
Hi there and a big welcome from me.
Great first post and I feel like I know you already.
Use the progress tracker it's great. Can be private or visible like mine, yes pop over and take a look.
I'm a slow loser, but that's because I'm an exercise nut.
Look forward to seeing how you get on, please come back to chat especially on fast days when you might need distraction. :clover:
07 Jul 2014, 17:36
Hi and welcome! I am the exact same age and height as you are, so we could be twins!

Good luck on your fasting lifestyle. I can honestly say I am never going back to the old ways of eating again.

Melinda
07 Jul 2014, 17:55
Thanks for the welcome ladies!!! Your losses give me faith :-)

Melinda - I actually live about 3 miles away from Rayleigh in Essex, England! More coincidence!!!

First fast of the week today and at 499 cals so far after my dinner - no snacking for me tonight but feeling well stuffed right now so all good.

Looking forward to weigh in and inches tomorrow ;-)
07 Jul 2014, 18:26
Hi and welcome! you have got off to a great start on this WOE (as you say NOT a diet!) , so just keep going and shout out if you need any advice or support and I'm sure someone will be able to help you.
07 Jul 2014, 19:35
Welcome to the group! You must be well versed in all the details of carb counting what with being in WW for so long and a leader. Yes good not to call it a diet... the website even renamed itself recently and agrees with you.
I suppose you know well about the great loss of first week of any diet and it is the same here. So dont be too disappointed to see your losses settle down a bit as the weeks go on. Also as we become smaller people, we will need less calories to tick over so the actual allowance on a fast day can shrink a bit too. This is not a quick fix but being not so demanding, can be kept up long term and can be flexible to suit your life style. It does help though to fix on certain days for fasting and in a way your body gets used to the pattern.
07 Jul 2014, 19:45
Hi @Nutjob Welcome to this fab forum, well done on your weight lost and on choosing 5:2 as your new WOL
( agreed no diet). Well said::
My feelings exactly this I feel I can+will do for life obviously with my bmi numbers this primarily is for weightloss but quickly becoming for the health benefits this WOL brings with it, how good is that?
50lbs down feeling great, healthy, fitter, slimmer, and more important HAPPIER, all for no club fees, no food restrictions and on top of that making lots of new "virtual" friends all around the world, everyone is so lovely,
please let us know how things are going for you, and please enjoy your holiday.
Then repair any damage done on your return.
07 Jul 2014, 20:06
Hi there and welcome to the forum. I am also a 5.5.5. person and agree that last .5 is v v important ( I'll join you in age in August). Like most people here I've been up ,down ,flabby , toned and got to the point where it was boring and depressing the hell out of me. But this woe does work, sometimes it's all go and sometimes it's all plateau! But it's sustainable and that important, it's do able. So embrace the fast and enjoy the forum. Good luck x
07 Jul 2014, 20:32
Hello from one "Nut" to another!

Great newsy post - really enjoyed reading your story so far....& will look forward to reading the rest as you progress with this wonderful WOL!

I reckon you will fit right in here - this is a great place to hang out as the people are all so lovely...

Best of luck :clover:

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
08 Jul 2014, 06:36
Woo woo - happy on my weight loss train!!!

Weighed in this morning and another 2lbs off - that's 6lbs off in three weeks (and one day!). No movement in the waist measurement but I can live with that - clothes are definitely fitting better and I am feeling so much better, not so sluggish. Just 12 days to go till my week away with my lovely daughter so I believe that I can be under the 12st by then. (still annoyed that I got this big so easily). I know that I do have some muscle going on so I know that my weight is going to be higher because of that but I would rather be heavier and defined than lighter and baggy if that makes sense!!!!!

Fast day yesterday and felt so much better for it after the weekends indulgencies. Had egg and bacon for brekkie this morning and it was lush. Fruit smoothie as well. Got a long and hard days work today but it will be a good workout as up and down steps, stretching, lifting and carrying as I finish unloading and packing up floor to ceiling shelves full of door handles, hinges, bolts and god knows what else. (wont need to go bootcamp after that lot!).

Lunch is all packed - rice cakes with philly and ham, fruit selection and some homemade flapjacks. Tonight is Peri Peri chicken with salad and oven baked wholemeal pitta chips (they are lush - cut pitta bread into small triangle, coat with coconut oil and bake in oven for about 5 mins) with sour cream. Gotta love a non fast day!!

have a great day people - sun is shining here just too bad I will be working in a storage unit and not able to start my tan off!
09 Jul 2014, 16:45
Well after such a positive start yesterday with the weight loss result I started the day feeling fab!

Made myself some bacon and eggs for brekkie - yum! with a fruit smoothie (not a fan of fruit or veg particularly so try and get some in when I can). Busy busy busy day at work, my self and bosses son up and down ladders packing up the contents of a small warehouse into boxes. Various items from door handles, to bathroom fittings to bloody great hinges and mirrors. Hot sweaty work with lots of lifting and shifting - great muscle work out whilst getting paid so bonus! By three o'clock decided enough was enough and finished up for the day. Well sat in the car and proceeded to drive home (17 miles :( ) and very nearly fell asleep. Suddenly came over sooo tired - must have been working harder than I thought.

Anyway - up shot of that is that I got home and straight away stuffed a French fancy in my mouth - whole!!! Don't even like French fancies - but then I ate another one. Quickly followed by packet of crisps. Then proceeded to make my lovely healthy dinner lol!!!! Anyway - turned into a major picky night where nothing would satisfy. Decided to finally go to bed at 12.00 or I would just eat the contents of my house!

So this morning decided to do another fast day as I felt bleeuuuurrrrggghhhh!!! So far been okay, back to work packing more bloody boxes without breakfast. Stopped at 1.00 for rice cakes with philly light and ham to keep me going. Home showered and shopped (not at the same time obviously!) and bought myself a small jacket potato which I am gonna have for my tea with some philly and coleslaw AND NO NIBBLING!!!!! I may get my hubby to tape my hands together behind my back so I cant get anything!

Not thought about Thursday yet - though I had better get through today first! 12 days till my holiday and after seeing Jabba the Hutt (Star Wars reference!) reflected in my bedroom mirror I am determined I will lose some more blubber - other wise I may need two seats on the plane!
09 Jul 2014, 20:50
Well done on your determination and also such hard work you do.
May I suggest going light on carbs like potatoes, try 50g (pre-cooked weight) brown rice or quinoa and please do eat a variety of vegetables, really important in so many ways. Also fruit smoothies, whilst tasting great, are full of fructose fruit sugar and no fibre, a fruits saving grace. Better to eat whole fresh berries (any) even an apple than mush away it's benefits, and pour on some double cream too :0)
Keep going and very best of luck {{{+}}}
09 Jul 2014, 22:19
Hello and welcome from me. I have grown strict with us and don't buy any sweet treats now. As some well known brand says, 'you're worth it.'
Rice cakes, I love. Specially salt n vinegar ones. One a day is my treat. Good luck on this wonderful WOE.
12 Jul 2014, 19:21
Well so far this week doing well. Been working hard - still physical lol!!! My actual job there is for inputting the items we hold onto ebay, together with pictures pricing and description and generally organising the office and sorting out the posting and packaging of purchased items BUT not doing that at the moment as we are condensing the operation from two storage units to one, selling off job lots of stuff and moving everything around to generally take up less space. I am sure once it is all done then I can get back to my nice cushy office job haha!!!! (and I might get my nails back and a lot less bruises!). I don't mind doing the physical stuff as I still get paid a decent hourly rate for still doing whatever hours I choose to turn up for so all good.

As regards my eating plan all still going amazingly well. Had two fast days this week - Monday and Wednesday for a change (normally Monday and Thursday) and found them both pretty okay - one went slightly over and the other slightly under but my fastdays calories are 547 at moment so that's okay. Other days I do seem to eat better - apart from one day this week where nothing would satisfy so went over my TDEE. This resulted in a major headache for me on Friday and feeling really crappy so will try not to do that again.

Took my daughter out today to Ask for lunch - had gluten free chicken pizza and loved every mouthful! No guilt either which is a major bonus for me on this WOE. Even had a shakeaway afterwards (Lime and Coconut with Frozen Yoghurt - Lush!) Feta Cheese, Strawberry and Spinach salad for dinner this evening and I may well have a glass or two of wine. Am hoping for another loss this week - would really like to get under that 12 stone!!!

Went into town and tried a few bits of clothing on but still feeling fat and lumpy and uncomfortable in everything so bought a whole T shirt and a flowery hairband for my holiday hat! Just glad that I like wearing maxi dresses when I am on holiday as they cover a multitude of sins. Don't mind wearing a bikini during the day - cos I don't know anyone there other than my daughter.

Really wish I had started this months ago when I was thinking about it then I may have been a bit closer to where I want to be but at least I am on the right route now. Next year when I go on holiday I will obviously have the body of a Goddess lol!

think I will probably fast Monday and Wednesday again this week as am out Tuesday and Thursday so they could be difficult days - much prefer fasting when I am working, its much easier as I am so busy. Final preholiday weigh in will be Saturday so fingers crossed for at least another couple of pounds of by then. Then I shall have a week off but will be straight back to it upon my return. I WILL DO THIS!
34 posts Page 1 of 3