The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

50 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: My Health Data Journal
11 Nov 2013, 08:58
Quite a week has just passed for me as explained in my latest blog entry (apologies for it being such a long one). My weight at this time last week was 75.5kg, and it had looked at that point as though I was on an upward spiral with that. At this morning's weigh-in, I was 73.2kg which is 11 and a half stone. That is a loss of 5 pounds over the week after the previous week's gain of 4 pounds over that week. This further shows that large weight gains caused by water retention will disappear just quickly as they appear, and that should provide some hope for anyone with that same issue.

That weight of 75.5kg that I recorded last Monday was also my highest weight of last week by quite a margin. In contrast to that, my lowest weight of the week was recorded on Saturday morning. That was 71.7kg which also set a new record for my lowest ever weight so far. That means that the margin between my highest and lowest weights of the week was a massive 3.8kg which is 8 pounds (more than half a stone) which is by far, my biggest ever such margin for that so far.

My waist size is down by 0.5 inches from this time last week to stand at 30.9 inches, and my body fat percentage is down to 12.77%. That means that I have set a new all time record for both my lowest ever waist size and my lowest ever body fat percentage.
18 Nov 2013, 08:57
This week, my weight is up by 0.3kg from this time last week and is now 73.5kg. That is a weight gain, but a very small one and one which I am actually pleased with. If you have read my latest blog entry, you will see why this is the case because after some over-indulging on both Friday and Saturday, it had looked as though I was heading for a much larger weekly overall weight gain. In the end, it was therefore just a relief that there wasn't so much damage done by that after all.

Anyway, my lowest weight of this week came after my first fasting day, with a weight of 71.5kg being recorded on Tuesday morning. With the week that I've had, my highest weight was not recorded on either the first or last days of this weekly period, and this is only the first time that this has been the case. My highest weight of the week is therefore, the 75.2kg which I recorded yesterday (from that, you can see exactly why it had looked as though I was heading for a really big weight gain this week) and that was my highest weight by quite a distance.

That means that the difference between the highest and lowest weights of the week amounts to a massive 3.7kg which is close to the all time record for that, since I started my daily weigh-ins. My weight size is up by 0.1 inches from this time last week, and my body fat percentage is up by 0.11%. Overall, not a great week but one where I'm just grateful that it's not ended up a lot worse than it has, and that means that I'm fairly pleased with the final outcome of that.
06 Jan 2014, 08:40
Since I gained a lot of weight over the festive period, I have now switched back from weight maintenance mode into weight loss mode in order to get my weight back to within my weight maintenance range. That has also resulted in me switching from 6:1 back to 5:2 in the meantime. Because of that, I have now decided to give my weight maintenance journal a rest and go back to using my my original progress journal on this forum until such time that I return to weight maintenance mode once again.

Because this is the beginning of a brand new year, the results of this morning's weigh-in are the first such results for this year, and they will therefore be reported as my starting weight for this year, instead of being reported in terms of any loss or gain from any previous weigh-in. Anyway, my current weight is 11 stone 13 pounds with a waist size of 31.6 inches and a body fat percentage of 13.84.

More details of that can see seen in my latest blog post which I posted earlier on this morning.
06 Jan 2014, 12:35
Good to see you back John and good luck with 5:2 ing!
06 Jan 2014, 13:18
Hopefully, I will only be 5:2ing for a week or so, before returning to 6:1ing. I have been clearing out my guts quite a bit today after all of the festive excesses and because of that, I'm expecting the resulting weight loss from today's fasting day to be bigger than normal assuming that I am successful with today's fasting day. On a normal fasting day, I had been getting used to losing about 1.7kg by the following morning's weigh-in due to the loss in water weight.

That amounts to about 4 pounds but for today, there is a real possibility that the resulting weight loss could be around 1.9kg or even 2kg which would add an extra pound onto that resulting weight loss. If that happens, my weight will then be down to 11 stone 8 pounds when I weigh myself tomorrow morning. That is still above the upper limit of my weight maintenance range, hence the need to switch back to 5:2 in the meantime.

However, I was finding with 6:1 that I was able to lose weight even on my feeding days, and that is a tactic which could be employed yet again this week. However, these weight losses only occur when I am careful with what I am eating, and will only amount to no more than about a pound on average on each of those days. If I employ that tactic both tomorrow and on Wednesday and I lose another pound with that, my weight would then be down to 11 and a half stone by Thursday morning.

With another fasting day to come then, I would then expect to lose another three or four pounds which could take my weight down to 11 stone 3 pounds by Friday morning, which would be a loss of 10 pounds from where it is just now. That means that even if I then maintain that weight over the other feeding days on Friday and over the weekend, my weight would then be within my maintenance limits by this time next week, thus allowing me to switch back to 6:1 after just the one 5:2 week.

That shows how water weight affects things and that as long as I am careful with what I am eating this week, there is a good chance that I will only need to do just the one 5:2 week before switching back to 6:1. Once that happens, I can then relax nicely back into the weight maintenance routine that I was getting into before the festive period. Of course, that won't be easy to achieve, but that is nevertheless, a challenge that I am looking forward to.
50 posts Page 4 of 4