The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

714 posts Page 17 of 48
Previous 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 48 Next
Berlimey @Loveswalking! 8 Pounds? Your first week?! Man Alive! :shock:
Well done you xxxx
Thanks buddy! @Carieoates! Yes, you're right, of course, I HAVE always liked my cereal! Those little naughty Cheerios are just too irristible! Mind you, I have them in a bowl without any milk and I haven't had any cereal with milk for over a week now! I haven't had any coffee or pasta either. I think it really helps not having caffeine actually. You don't tend to have the munchies so much (or am I just kidding myself!)
I am now the lowest weight I've bean in years - and I'm hoping for great things in the next few week!
BEan :wink:
From now on, I' m giving BSD a go..didnt really happen last week as i had a nasty bug thats doing the rounds..I am petrified coz its hard! I might have to break myself in gently
Allow self up to 1000 cals per day but keep the pesky carbs as low as possible and nooooo sugar..
see what happens....
Woohoo,Here I go! X i know it will be worth it in so many ways if i can do it! :like:
So thankful for all the advice on this particular thread to help me along x x
Good for you @Candicemarie, that sounds like a plan. Just take it one day at a time. You can do this. Try to use the extra cals and carbs on good food, like nuts and berries or really dark chocolate, to get more bang for your buck. Remember eating carbs and sugar makes you crave more carbs and sugar so try to avoid them for a few days to get them out of your system. I promise it's easier to cut them right down than to keep having small amounts, as the cravings will go if you don't have them in your system. Good luck, please keep us posted on how you get on. :clover: :clover: :clover:
hello @candicemarie
my only advice would be to drink plenty. I had bad headaches the first week. could have been carb withdrawal but I think it may also have been not drinking enough as I got the same sort of headaches when I started 5:2.
good luck on your journey.
shelley xx
Thanks guys!
Ive just looked up low carb fruits and found this.all i need to find out now is what half a cup/ cup is in Ounces!

:confused: :lol:
Casaba melon – One half-cup of cubed casaba melon contains 5.5g of carbs. Casaba melons are an excellent source of vitamin C and potassium.

Watermelon – One half-cup of diced watermelon contains 5.5g of carbs. Watermelon is packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, beta-carotene, and lycopene, which has been shown to reduce the risk of several forms of cancer.

Strawberries – One half-cup of sliced strawberries contains 6.5g of carbs. Strawberries are loaded with phytonutrients, which makes them heart-protective, anti-cancer, and anti-inflammatory fruits.

Cantaloupe – One half-cup of diced cantaloupe contains 6.5g of carbs. Cantaloupe is a potassium, vitamin A, and beta-carotene heavyweight. Potassium is key for maintaining healthy blood pressure and may lower the risk of stroke.

Avocado – One half-cup of avocado contains 6.5g of carbs. Avocados are high in monosaturated fat, which actually helps lower cholesterol and has been linked to a lower risk of cancer and diabetes. They are also high in fiber; making them a great source for blood sugar regulation

Blackberries – One half-cup of blackberries contains seven grams of carbs. Blackberries are packed with polyphenols and anthocyanin, which can help prevent cancer and heart disease.

Honeydew Melon – One half-cup of diced honeydew melon contains eight grams of carbs. It is also an excellent source of potassium, which can lower blood pressure and the risk of heart disease and stroke.

Grapefruit – One half medium grapefruit contains 10.5g of carbs. Grapefruits are a great source of vitamin C, which supports the immune system.

Oranges - One medium orange contains 15.5g of carbs. Oranges contain more than 170 cancer fighting phytochemicals and 60 flavonoids and an excellent source of vitamin C.

Peaches - One medium peach contains 14.5g of carbs. Peaches are a good source of calcium, potassium, beta-carotene, and vitamins C, K, and A.

Cranberries - One half-cup of cranberries contain 6.5g of carbs. Cranberries are best known for their ability to protect against urinary tract infections, and they also have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties.

Plums - One medium plum contains 7.5g of carbs. Plums have a high content of phenols antioxidants that help prevent oxygen-based damage to fats. These include the fats that make up a substantial portion of our brain cells, the cholesterol in our bloodstream, and our cell membranes.

Raspberries – One half-cup of raspberries contains 7.5g of carbs. Raspberries are a fiber powerhouse with eight grams of fiber per cup.

Clementine - One medium clementine contains nine grams of carbs and is rich in vitamin C. They’re also a good source of calcium, a necessity for bone health, and potassium, which can help lower blood pressure.

Pineapple – One half-cup of pineapple chunks contains 11g of carbs. They’re also an excellent source of the trace mineral manganese, which is necessary for healthy skin, bone and cartilage formation, and glucose tolerance.

Nectarines - One medium nectarine contains 15g of carbs. Nectarines are a good source of vitamin A, potassium, and beta-carotene. The peel is rich in bioflavonoids — antioxidants that may help prevent cancer. They’re also a good source of fiber, which is necessary for good digestive health.

Blueberries – One half-cup of blueberries contains 11g of carbs. Blueberries are antioxidant powerhouses that help protect against heart disease and cancer. Blueberries help protect the brain from oxidative stress and may reduce the effects of age-related conditions such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.

Kiwi Fruit - One medium kiwi without skin contains 11g of carbs. Kiwis contain twice the amount of vitamin C as oranges. Kiwis are a good source of fiber, which can help lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar.

Cherries – One half-cup of cherries contains 11g of carbs. Cherries are loaded with anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and anti-cancer properties. Cherries have also been shown to lower levels of uric acid in the blood, the leading cause of gout pain.

Tangerines - One medium tangerine contains 12g of carbs. The peel contains a compound called polymethoxylated flavones that has the potential to effectively lower cholesterol.

Mango – One half-cup sliced mango contains 14g of carbs. Mangoes are an excellent source of potassium, vitamin A, and beta-carotene, as well as a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, and calcium.

Michigan State University Extension offers Dining with Diabetes throughout the state. The information presented in this program is targeted to people with diabetes and their families. This program increases knowledge of healthy food choices and presents healthy versions of favorite foods that are inexpensive and easy to prepare. Dining with Diabetes encourages self-management and self-efficacy of those living with diabetes. For a list of classes, visit the Michigan State University Extension website and click on food and health.

This article was published by Michigan State University Extension. For more information, visit http://www.msue.msu.edu. To have a digest of information delivered straight to your email inbox, visit http://www.msue.msu.edu/newsletters. To contact an expert in your area, visit http://expert.msue.msu.edu, or call 888-MSUE4MI (888-678-3464).
Ps
Apparently one cup = 8 ounces! :like:
I' ll be mainly eating berries x
2 cup papaya cubes: 6 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 27 calories.
Just looked up papaya as i have some that needs eating...apparently called the food of the angels..but can it really be correct that 2 cups ( equalling 16 ozs) is only 27 cals and6 g carb!..if so it truly IS the food of angels
@hazelnut20i can't find that free net diary app when i google it..only one for 7.99 and one or two a bit cheaper..i just want something very basic like you said?
@carieoates do you have recipe for breakfast muffins please?
Thanks girls XX
I think the American way of measuring quantities is brilliant, so much less faff than weighing. I got a really cheap set of plastic measuring cups (1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/4 cup) somewhere like Poundland or B & M. Makes it much easier to use American recipes on the web, too.
CandiceMarie wrote: @hazelnut20i can't find that free net diary app when i google it..only one for 7.99 and one or two a bit cheaper..i just want something very basic like you said?
@carieoates do you have recipe for breakfast muffins please?
Thanks girls XX

Yes candy I will dig it out.
Thanks @carieoates! X
@barbarita really!? Oh wow i must have a look..thanks for the heads up xx
I dont think I followed a recipe so this is mine.

To make six large muffins
Three large eggs beaten
One courgette grated
Splash of milk
Pepper
Half a pkt of pancetta (you know the ones which are two little pots stuck together
Cheese grated

Chop up the meat, add to the eggs milk and courgette
Divide the mix between the six muffins then sprinkle the cheese on top.
Bake for 20-25 mins until they're golden and firm to the touch.
Some oil from ten meat and cheese will leak out up the sides, but don't worry.

Store in fridge nicer eaten at room temp.
Thanks @carieoates Oatsey xx!
Just bougth Blood Sugar Diet book on ebay for £4 :like:
Getmyself clued up! :lol: x
Wow, everyone is doing so well!

@Carrieoates - those breakfast muffins look fabulous and I will need to make those :-)

Funny, @Barbarita, I bought a scale and I like the European way of measuring everything - so much better than having all of these dirty cups, quarter cups etc every time I bake. But yes, our cup is 8 *fluid* ounces, or about 237ml. I think 8 fluid ouces of water is also the weight 8 ounces of water, but I'm not 100% positive.

:)

I'm here for inspiration today as I don't really want to have a light day. So far I haven't blown it, so fingers crossed that I'll continue to behave. But I'm getting rather tired of salad.
Previous 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 48 Next
714 posts Page 17 of 48