The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

37 posts Page 1 of 3
Hello fellow fasters, :smile:
I'm looking forward to this journey. I've decided to start it with the 16/8 fasting window. I may change to 5/2 later or some other form of fasting for variety, but for now I'll stick with 16/8.

my start weight was 185
current weight 183 (2/27/2015
So far I'll just be doing low carb in order to get me into my window. So I'll chat with you tomorrow...... :victory:
All the best. I do 5:2 as this suits me best, but lots of people here like an eating window.
Wineoclock wrote: All the best. I do 5:2 as this suits me best, but lots of people here like an eating window.

thanks wineoclock......
Welcome and good luck!!
MaryAnn wrote: Welcome and good luck!!

thanks MaryAnn
31/2 hour away from a finishing a 17 hour window. This will make day two. Yes I will make it, but I want to eat NOW! But I will wait.
hang in there, @righton; you can do it!
Hi there! just dropping by to say hi! :) goodluckand have a good day ahead fellas :)
righton wrote: 31/2 hour away from a finishing a 17 hour window. This will make day two. Yes I will make it, but I want to eat NOW! But I will wait.

Keep going! The first time is the hardest, because you don't know what to expect.
Good luck!! Some people have had good success doing 16:8 for six or seven days a week. I hope you're one of them :-)
Well yesterday I did make it through for 17 hours of fasting, but then I ate way past my window. The good part was I didn't eat bad stuff, although I ate high fat. So I decided to take that time I last ate and I will attempt to wait for 17 hours again, and hope to stay in a 7 hour eating window. This is actually nice to do this in this manner. I am not going to check my scale and just continue as if I didn't eat out of my window. My window just changed.
I weigh every day. I find that on days I don't weigh, I tend to overeat - sometimes rather dramatically.
YourTypicalGalinRed wrote: Hi there! just dropping by to say hi! :) goodluckand have a good day ahead fellas :)

Hi to you too and stop by anytime!
Tracieknits wrote: I weigh every day. I find that on days I don't weigh, I tend to overeat - sometimes rather dramatically.

Thanks for popping in Tracie. Well I made it for my 17 hours today and am going to wait till 7 tomorrow which would be 17 from now, Hopefully. I've decided to attempt to make 7 to 12 my official window and see how that goes. Baby steps. Well actually this may be a little leap for me, from 17/7 to 19/5, but I going for it. How are you doing?
My Journey has entered a new era. I am pumped! I still have not solidly stuck to any particular fasting period, but am still working on a solid 17:7 or something like that. But I've added another dimension to this by incorporating a Ketogenic Diet. All good fats were added and I love this plan. I feel like a spring chicken!
37 posts Page 1 of 3