The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

37 posts Page 2 of 3
righton wrote: ... The good part was I didn't eat bad stuff, although I ate high fat. ...

Welcome righton! Realize that if you stay low carb, fats for the most part will no longer matter. If fact you'll have to increase them somewhat (eventually) to stay within TDEE. Going keto has its challenges. Don't forget a stock cube (bouillon some places) drink once or twice a day (for at least the first few weeks) to adjust your bodies need for salt.
ADFnFuel wrote:
righton wrote: ... The good part was I didn't eat bad stuff, although I ate high fat. ...

Welcome righton! Realize that if you stay low carb, fats for the most part will no longer matter. If fact you'll have to increase them somewhat (eventually) to stay within TDEE. Going keto has its challenges. Don't forget a stock cube (bouillon some places) drink once or twice a day (for at least the first few weeks) to adjust your bodies need for salt.

Thanks for the tip adfnFuel......I am actually starting to feel like exercising with the WOE, so that will surely help there too.
Well Yesterday was different, as will all day the hubby is off work. More went in my mouth and I saw it on the scale. I just hope my body will register it as a reefed. :cry:
Slow and steady works, take each day as it comes and visiting daily works for our mindfulness. :clover:
Lizbean wrote: Slow and steady works, take each day as it comes and visiting daily works for our mindfulness. :clover:

@"Lizbean"
thanks for the encouragement Liz.....I'm on the second day of a bone broth fast. No hungry and feeling good. This is something that is brand new to me. I'm aiming for 4 days then back to regular plan.
Well I'm staying away from the scale for a few days. The bone broth fast ended in a gigantic snack time. I will fast as long as I can till I really get hungry and I have a nice meal planned to end it.
Hi there @righton, have you popped your info into the tracker here? It's amazingly useful for giving you the daily amount to eat to -TDEE - so that your can balance your body's metabolism on fast days - quarter of your TDEE - against your feed days optimal amount. I've found it works!
Also marksdailyapple.com website has tons of info on daily carb amounts etc e.g. Under 50g daily for weight loss.
Good luck honey :0)
Azureblue wrote: Hi there @righton, have you popped your info into the tracker here? It's amazingly useful for giving you the daily amount to eat to -TDEE - so that your can balance your body's metabolism on fast days - quarter of your TDEE - against your feed days optimal amount. I've found it works!
Also marksdailyapple.com website has tons of info on daily carb amounts etc e.g. Under 50g daily for weight loss.
Good luck honey :0)

Hi Azure,
Well I've been away trying other WOEs and I'm back. Whatever plan I try to do I want to fit it into an eating window. I have just signed into the tracker. How are you doing these days? My goal window is 18/6. I've heard a lot of the fasting benefits, start kicking in at the 18 hour point.
Hi Me,,,

I'm back again! I do love the ketogenic diet and now am ready to institute the eating window. One thing at a time. I also want to include exercise, but I will do that slowly. I don't want the hunger to get big. Right now I'm feeling the best I've ever felt.

I did accomplish a 6 hour window yesterday. I am aiming to have anywhere from a 1 to 7 hour window. I will daily log it.
September 7th,,,,,,6 hour window,,,weight 173
September 8th,,,,,,weight 171 window 7
September 9th,,,,,,171,,,,,
Hi me,
how are you doing?
Well ok, but I am hovering around 170-173. I need something new.

Ok, why don't you try an 8 hour window? That way if you don't feel hungry during the start of the window and only eat right before the window is closed, you have only eaten one meal for that day. SOUnd like a plan?

Yes it does. I'll start today
They say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness! But you do seem to be giving yourself good advice :like:
carorees wrote: They say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness! But you do seem to be giving yourself good advice :like:

Thanks for the heads up Carorees! Since it's only the first sign, I may not be too far gone. But I do wonder who they are and what makes them the authority on madness. Perhaps it's these people? LOL
LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzoXQKumgCw
Well Yesterday I made it in a 5 hour window. I hope to do the same today! :victory:
Well time to get serious,,,,,

I'm up to 174, so I need to recommit right now. I'm on the 7 hour window,,,,with no exceptions....I will report in as much as I can.
37 posts Page 2 of 3