The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

42 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Restart
30 Sep 2014, 22:33
Catscratch wrote: First week completed and slimming club this morning i showed a 7lb loss! ...I came home with a certificate for slimmer of the week. and made a lovely long red line on my graph.
Well done to you and what a super start to your IF journey. :like:

I hope that many more certificates lie ahead for you and that you soon have other benefits show up as well. :clover:
02 Oct 2014, 18:42
Thank you! I was hoping for a good start as I've enrolled in the Slimming club's Xmas challenge and pledged 2stone. So that's a big chunk of that eaten away((wrong turn of phrase).
06 Oct 2014, 19:08
Fast day today. Had decided to keep my calories for this evening but had the munchies at breakfast time so had a piece of wholemeal toast. No problems with the rest of the day, lots of tea and coffee. I had a sewing class this afternoon which ate up four hours in the blink of an eye. Avocado on toast for tea tonight. I know....... too many carbs, but the whole beauty of this diet for me is that you can eat what you want and I am all for listening to what my body says.
Weigh in day tomorrow at slimming club. I feel like I've lost weight but that worries me as I'll get on the scale all expectant and probably stay the same LOL. I'm sure my rings are not so tight and my jeans seem to have a bit of space in them, stop it!!!!
06 Oct 2014, 20:18
Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow @Catscratch

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
06 Oct 2014, 20:58
Thanks Madcatlady. Fingers crossed!
07 Oct 2014, 19:24
Very happy to report a 5lb loss this morning at slimming club. Phewww!!! I thought I was imagining things. That's 12lbs in two weeks!!! Mostly I think because I am so heavy and I've upped my movement so I'm burning lots of cals. also calorie counting and not cheating - making the most of my enthusiasm.
07 Oct 2014, 19:42
Wow - that's fantastic! Don't be too disappointed if it doesn't continue at that rate - you must be feeling slimmer already!

:like: :heart: :like: :heart: :like: :heart: :like: :heart: :like: :heart: :like: :heart: :like: :heart: :like: :heart: :like: :heart: :like:
07 Oct 2014, 20:02
Thank you. I thought my rings felt bigger and my jeans seemed looser, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too high in case I stayed the same or just lost a pound. I knew I'd been very careful this week and made an effort to be more energetic - so it has paid off. I know the weight loss will soon slow down to a pound or two every week but at the moment I'm making the most of it and getting as much weight off as I can early on taking advantage of my size. I pledged two stone for the Christmas challenge and that's 5lb gone!
07 Oct 2014, 20:43
Hello @Catscratch. Thats great - what a great start; you must be very proud of yourself. Let us know when you reach your Christmas pledge. Good luck. :-)
11 Oct 2014, 18:15
Thought I'd post about what should have been a really difficult day to navigate through. This morning we went to the opening of a new Harley Davidson shop and as part of the celebration there was a free hog roast. Normally I would be straight in there but the sight of that poor little piggy and the fact that it was only 10 am meant I gave my ticket away. I didn't think twice. Then this afternoon we went to a book signing and there was tea and lots of lovely cakes, we sat 3ft away from them, I kept looking and just thought about how I would feel if I succumbed, I didn't really feel that it would be worth it. I just kept thinking about what I've read about sugar just lately and just felt that I didn't want to do that to myself.
I find it really hard to understand why I'm such a Jeckyll and Hyde when it comes to food. Why is it all or nothing? The middle ground would be such a lovely place - wouldn't it?
11 Oct 2014, 18:25
Wow @catscratch, you are on a roll! Congratulations on your loss so far :like:
11 Oct 2014, 20:00
Well done on resisting temptation @Catscratch! You must feel very proud of yourself. And once you have resisted, it can make it easier to do so next time, especially if you remember how good you felt for not giving in. :)
I wish I could bottle that feeling you get after fasting well or resisting temptation - it would be so handy to be able to access it easily when your resolve is not so strong!!
There's lot of related discussion to "all or nothing" in various threads, I think many of us suffer from this. My maintenance goal for the last year has been to try to find a way to still have some of the less healthy foods but not to excess. I manage some days, but not others, and haven't really been able to pinpoint what makes the difference. Certainly the earlier in the day that I eat less healthy foods then the more likely I am to continue to do so. Keeping a record of what I eat does help - providing I do write it down!! - and the suggestion from SSure I think and others, which comes from an advocate in this area whom I can't recall, to always plan what you are going to eat - plans can be flexible - seems to work well. It helps with the mindful eating I think.
Anyway, very best wishes for your continuing weight loss journey. :D
42 posts Page 3 of 3