The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

43 posts Page 2 of 3
Are you drinking plenty of water too, yummy? That's the main thing :wink: you are definitely in the right frame of mind...good for you. Everyone here is so helpful. We all have ups and downs and we're all here for each other. You are definitely not alone xx

Bean :smile:
image.jpg
(16.53 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
They've said it all!!
Welcome from me, too (and watch those refined carbs!!) xx
Hello and welcome.

Good luck on your journey towards increased yumminess. I eat a largely vegan diet and this way of eating suits me fine. I have lost almost 52 lbs in around 8 months, and have brought my blood glucose down to normal levels, so I know that intermittent fasting works. My appetite has reduced substantially, so I don't expect to be in great danger of reverting to old habits when I reach my target weight. I am very optimitic that re-educating oneself through this approach to weight loss has the potential to ensure that one will never need to "go on a diet".

You seem to have already hit upon positive ways of organising yourself. Long may it continue!

Good luck :clover:
Inspiring post @slummy.to.yummy - your book sounds very interesting - must check it out.

I can relate to so much of what you have written - especially the last point. It is horrible feeling ashamed of your size & feeling so second-class, isn't it?

Have a mad busy day today, but will try to write again tonight re the advantages.

Have a great day!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Welcome from me too!
I have found that reading this forum is one of the best types of support to help get you through any hunger pangs.
I often find myself reading various threads instead of eating breakfast on my fast days, which is a lovely distraction!
There are so many inspirational stories which help too.
I find the tracker is motivational as it is god to see your progress. (As Carieoates said, you don't have to make it public though)
I also keep a note in my diary and weigh myself 3 times a week. Although my weight goes up and down, I find it helpful to look for trends which can be reassuring.
As many say, don't get into the 'diet mindset', this is a way of life and if you have a few days of indulgence, you can just get back on with it next week and think of the longer term view.
Good luck with all this, I too will read your progress with interest.
Hi and welcome!
You sound like you are in the right place mentally to do this and I look forward to reading your fastiversary post next year!
The headaches do seem to pass, I almost never get them now, but I remember how they aren't good...
Have you taken photos of yourself now? I considered it, but didn't, and now wish I had! Similarly, take lots of measurments so that when the scales aren't friendly (it happens) you still have some reward!
Good luck! :clover:
What are your advantages to weight loss?

Being a size 10 UK and not getting hot and bothered when trying on clothes! As well as numerous health benefits. Good all round really. :victory:
Hi yummy and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're off to a great start with this WOL. Don't worry about the weight loss for now, some people don't lose anything for the first few weeks and then have a big loss. Just concentrate on your fast days and the rest will fall into place in time. I like the sound of your book and can totally see how day 1 would work.
So my ARC is:
1. I will be healthier
2. I will look good in clothes
3. I will have more energy
4. I will be able to buy the clothes I like, not just the clothes that fit.
5. I will feel good in swimwear
6. I will not stress about or avoid social events
7. I will have more confidence.
8. I will feel normal

Wow this is like therapy!! I hope it does some good. I will write it on a card now and read it twice a day (more if feeling weak) :)

All the best as you continue
Dee :)
I think 5 2 encourages people (certainly me) to 'eat mindfully' - when I started on non fast days I ate as I always had (loads of bread and ALWAYS chocolate); then I found I didn't much feel like the chocolate and preferred to have some cherries instead (it was the summer). And I certainly can't eat what I used to without feeling uncomfortably full.
I think everything I would normally say has been covered, so just a great big welcome from me :smile: Good luck :clover:
Ouch, sore throats are horrid. In Greece a doc told us not to give our son cold drinks when he had a throat infection! But cold things feel nice don't they?
Hope you shift it sooner rather than later.
43 posts Page 2 of 3