The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

43 posts Page 1 of 3
Hallo, good morning and welcome! You are in the right place with the right attitude to do this. Loads of info on here, have a read around the threads, and if you fill out the progress tracker it will give you useful personal information on how much to eat on feed days too.
The very best of luck, I'm sure you are going to do great. Onwards and downwards :0)
Hi yummy..think of yrself as yummy from now on and getting yummier by the day x! :like:
Congrats on already getting six fasts done,can't be easy with the headaches. I am lucky that so far,headaches havent happened. Someone here might be able to advise you of how to stop the heads.. Making sure you drink lots of water is often the answer.
Lots of us find the fast days get easier and easier and almost enjoyable at times!
I have a cuppasoup on fast days in the afternoon,it deffo gives me the lift i need. They taste vile to me on feed days but on fast days,they are nectar of the gods!
I am glad youve benefitted from CBT etc,hope its got yr stepmums words out of yr head for good now.you will find plenty of support and encouragement on here,not negativity.
Thanks for the mention of the Beck book,will look into it,it sounds helpful.
Good luck and keep calling in..lots of fun on here as well as support and advice. Many people here have been doing this successfully for over a year now and they are fountains of knowledge! X
image.jpg
(10.64 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
What a beautiful authentic first post yummy.
I weighed more than you at this time last year. I was 104.4 KGS and I've lost 19.9 kg (43 pounds) since then 15 kg more to go! My advice is - it gets easier, trust the process and do what you need to get through fast days .e,g fizzy water, tea, miso soup. I love chicken bone broth that I make from scratch and freeze in 1 cup portions.( Google wellness mamma- how to make bone broth) to see the amazing nutritional benefits, but its the salty gelatinous goodness that seems to level my equilibrium on a fast day at 4-5 pm.
Get excited because it works and its free!!!
Big welcome to you @slummy.to.yummy!

I loved your introductory post - so honest & open. Just the right attitude you need to succeed too!

You seem to have thought of everything, which is great. Many people on here struggle with feed days - myself included. This site is such a fantastic source of advice, support, humour & inspiration......so please spend time reading as much as you can because it is so good to know you are not alone. The daily "Fasting Today" thread is marvellous for this!

I think it takes a bit of time for fast days to become second nature and for any issues to resolve themselves (headaches, spacey feelings etc) and I would certainly say watch out for caffeine withdrawal as that is horrible! On fast days, the kettle is my absolute friend - it relieves boredom & hunger pangs!

One of the most important things for you to keep in mind is that with an average loss of 1lb a week, that could be 52lbs a year from now! That is a whole lot.....and a very exciting prospect, particularly since this WoE is so flexible, accommodating and pleasant. That thought definitely motivates me as I have shed loads to lose! I really enjoy reading the "Fastiversary" success stories as they are so inspiring - so do read them as they will really give you hope......and hope is everything!

I really feel that the 5:2 WoL is revolutionary! This is because you will not feel constantly deprived. The "I can have it tomorrow" principle is very strong......plus, when tomorrow comes, you might have forgotten you wanted whatever "it" was, ha ha!

I wish you all the luck & determination in the world & look forward to following your progress...

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Yummy i think the feeling the morning after a fast is one of the best in the world!
I feel like my body is saying thank you for the rest and repair it's just had ! X
All good advice above - and you seem sorted.

You are right about excess fluid washing away salts from the body - this is what makes bovril/cuppa soup/salty drinks so helpful on a fast day. I also find that hot drinks are better at giving me that full feeling (my body obviously thinks anything hot is soup :lol:) whereas for others it's cold ones! Once you have sussed out what works best for you, you will be well on your way. Good Luck
Welcome to the forum and all I can say is I admire your determination and this WORKS. It's not the quickest weight loss method in the world but it has helped me (after a lifetime of being out of control around food and hating myself) completely change how I think about food and eating and self control and all that stuff - and I've been the same weight as you in my time. Just stick at it - and use this forum because the good advice and information on here is invaluable. Good luck!
:heart: Great introduction post @slummy.to.yummy
Wellcome and well done on starting 5:2 as a WOL and that is what it is "for life" deffo small changes now to your eating habits on your normal feed days will make all the difference but you already know this don't you?
Headaches = more water on fastdays especially,
and don't go to decaffeinated coffee unless you had it before I also have an oxo on f/day afternoons the salt in them helps loads.
At my start nearly a year ago I weighed in at 266lbs!!!!!
Doing 4:3 from day one = 8 months later I'd dropped 50lbs
Unfortunately I've achieved nothing this year the dreaded plateau seems to have hit, seems my body is in shock from that great loss this is also fine with me because my skin may even pull back and catch up
( all good thoughts).
After all when I hit the 52 weeks in I'll still hopefully be around 50lbs down stage which is very close to the average, ( that'll do very nicely for now thank you)

Lowering my carb intake has helped enormously and to save calories each day I stopped the bread from my lunchtime sandwich = plated salad
( this also reduced carbs further)
Waking up not hungry the day after my fastdays I quickly stopped all breakfasts = all days now 16:8 as my b/fasts were always cereals a further reduction in my carbs.
I eat + drink whatever I want Fri-Sun which feels so very good unlike any "diet" out there full of forbidden foods.
Mon- Friday evening I go with real caution including at least 2 fastdays sometimes 3, all these small tweaks make this WOL not only easy but enjoyable for me.
Hope some off my long rant is useful for you.
:clover: :clover:
What a wonderful post. Welcome to the forum. This time last year I was two dress sizes heavier and whilst I have been on a plateau for the best part of three months now, this is a WOE that really works.

Good luck to you. :clover: :clover: :clover:
Hi and welcome! loved reading your post and admire your attitude and determination to take control of your eating with this wonderful way of life. Your little boys will have a yummy mummy and you will see great results if you stick with it. Do keep posting and let us know how it's going.
What more can I say but, welcome to the new you!
Welcome, you have a good attitude and this will see you through the bad days and there will be bad days, the big surprise is that they will not necessarily be fast days. Once you adjust you will just love it. Good luck

Ballerina x :heart:
Hello and a big welcome from me too.
Lost of great advice so far, and you seem so positive already.
Only advice is use that progress tracker, it can be private or visible. Any reason why you will not be weighing at the same time every week? I find that weigh in the morning after the last fast of the week is the optimum.
Good luck and keep coming back with your updates. :clover:
43 posts Page 1 of 3