The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

23 posts Page 1 of 2
Pixies Progress
17 Jan 2013, 15:13
Pixies Progress- 4 days in ... or 'The ramblings of Pixie' :lol:

I'm going to keep this post going with updates on how I feel and my progress as a kinda diary alongside my excel spreadsheet of weight and measurements :ugeek:

It's Thursday and I've fasted Monday and Wednesday so far this week. I feel so good that I might do tomorrow as well and have my first week as a 4:3 with the weekend off.

This is too easy to be called a 'diet' .. diets are evil things that wreck your brain and make you crazy. This suits me down to the ground as half the time I forget to eat during the day anyway but would normally eat a huuuuge meal with a pile of carbs in late in the day. Where does this idea come from that everything has to come with a pile of spuds or three rounds of bread?!

So far I've had no problems with the fast days and after actually letting my body feel hungry it's as if my brain and belly have been recalibrated. I can tell when I'm full and can stop eating. I actually left half a sandwich earlier because I felt full and on eating days I'm not craving fatty or naughty foods.

I've also realised that I eat when I'm bored and would happily graze through the fridge while looking for something to cook. It's all really opened my eyes.

I've noticed as well that I drink water because I want to rather than because I know I should. Slices of lemon and being organised by making sure theres some chilling in the fridge helps ;)

I weighed in on monday morning and again today and I've lost 4 pounds and an inch off my waist already. I've started excercising over this last week and since a recent change in migraine medication this seems easier than before. I used to get a horrible aura of flashing lights that was like looking through a kaleidoscope so hopefully I'll be able to do more without collapsing in a heap on the treadmill!

I've got a lot to lose and I'm not rushing it, just trying to follow the rules and fit them around me rather than me fitting around a diet. It's been educational and fun so far and I enjoy the challenge of non eating days and I've had some great filling, healthy meals all week and I think it's been good to sit down and think about just what I do eat.

That's me for now, have a fabulous day whether fasting or not :D
Re: Pixies Progress
17 Jan 2013, 15:51
Thanks for the update Pixie. You have got off to a great start!
17 Jan 2013, 16:10
carorees wrote: Thanks for the update Pixie. You have got off to a great start!

Thanks! I know my body needs changing but I'm so glad that my brain is altering as well. :D
17 Jan 2013, 18:40
Sounds like you're enjoying this Pixie :-) I have 4stone to shed before I will be within a healthy weight catagory.
17 Jan 2013, 22:22
I found myself agreeing with much of your post Pixie. Keep it going and tell us how you're getting on.

I need to lose 20 pounds (and at that point see where I am and how my abdominal fat is doing) so I'm guessing it will take a while. My first weigh in is tomorrow after a week with two fasts so I hope I have dropped at least two pounds. We'll see!

Good luck with it all. :)
Jo
18 Jan 2013, 07:47
I've got loooooads to lose, start BMI was just over 45 :o I'd be happy just to get it down into the 30's for the time being, it's a start and would make a huge difference to my PCOS.

I've decided my week will be 4:3 or maybe even ADF as Mr Pixie was moving VERY quickly out of bed earlier and seems to have the norovirus :(

I'll probably end up with it as well, not eating doesn't bother me but I hate feeling achey all over.

Happy Friday everyone and good luck with the weigh in Jo ;)
18 Jan 2013, 09:10
Hi Pixie and everybody else

Weigh in was today for me and the husband - we both lost 4 pounds. Yes! :D And I lost 2 inches off my waist which is incredible! :o Mind you, I need to being an apple shape with way too much abdominal fat. I took the measurement 3 times to be sure!

Really pleased with that result. It wasn't that difficult and has given me a real boost.

Hope you don't get norovirus Pixie. I had it at New Year and it was pretty awful. Try washing surfaces with plenty of hot water and soap. This helped at New Year when I caught it off my sister's family but the rest of my family didn't get it - possibly helped by my manic cleaning but who knows? And stay away from your husband! Don't attempt anything without the gloves!

Jo
18 Jan 2013, 10:55
Well done Jo!

I've sent him to bed out of my way and just keep supplying him with water. It is cold here but he was turning the heating up so much I was hanging out the back door to get some air so I've tucked him in and put the electric blanket on. :lol:

There's only one thing worse than a sick person ... a sick man :roll:
18 Jan 2013, 11:13
When I had noro at New Year I was cold and went to bed with a fleece on! I found it best to sleep it off as much as possible with water beside the bed. I tried to keep away from everyone.

Weirdly, It's not that cold here in Scotland and no snow in Edinburgh, only sun. :o

The world's gone mad! I guess we'll get our snow eventually. My sister near Bristol is snowed in.
18 Jan 2013, 11:50
We've got loads of thick snow, the dogs have been charging about in the garden like a pair of hooligans and trying to catch flakes as they fall :roll:
18 Jan 2013, 11:55
Well done Pixie. This is brilliant to hear. Thanks for sharing. x
19 Jan 2013, 11:07
*does a little happy dance* ... half a stone lost since Monday morning :P
19 Jan 2013, 11:34
Aaaaaaand *trumpet fanfare* ... 3 and a half inches of my waist :)
19 Jan 2013, 14:08
That's brilliant Pixie! You must be happy with that.

A great start.

Let's keep it going!

Jo
23 posts Page 1 of 2