The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

33 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Finding my path
30 Mar 2013, 17:17
Coloured Easter eggs??? Could we see some photos, puleeeeeeez???

And, of course, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :-D
30 Mar 2013, 19:15
Colored easter eggs: Hard boiled chicken eggs, then we dye them different colors. Ya'll don't do that?
30 Mar 2013, 19:36
Aaahhhhhhh... yeah we do that. Somehow I pictured chocolate eggs coloured with icing. I guess I need to stop thinking about sweets! :-)
31 Mar 2013, 01:30
Chocolate eggs covered with icing...YUM! :razz:

Just got in a little while ago from DH's and my anniversary dinner. Went to Outback for our dinner. I got salad, potato and steak. I ate my salad, my steak and half my potato, so I don't think I did too bad.

That was the only thing I had today besides half a tuna sandwich about mid morning. Really wasn't hungry earlier for breakfast. I hope I'm doing this right. Only eating when I'm hungry on non-fast days.
01 Apr 2013, 11:50
Feels like it's going to be a blah Monday. Woke up before the alarm went off, and I could feel the wave of muscle pain has started to return. I haven't felt that since the end of Jan, before my surgery. Also had more stiffness this morning than on previous mornings. I have my last post-op check-up next week, so hopefully can restart my RA meds soon.

Not hungry at all this morning. It's not a fast day for me, Tues/Thurs are our fast days, but probably won't eat anything until lunch. I did pretty good over the weekend, just had about 5-6 Hershey Kisses and a cup of hot chocolate in the late evening. I like chocolate, just not a big chocolate eater. When its cold, I do like hot chocolate before bed to help warm me up. I would drink coffee, but then I would be up several times during the night.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter holiday.
03 Apr 2013, 12:02
I had my 5th fast day yesterday. I had coffee, then water for the rest of the morning until around lunch, then had a cup of chicken broth, 5 calories. I saved the rest of my calories for supper, where I had some grilled chicken and steamed vegetables. It was a lot to eat. :confused:

I may go back to eating a little something around mid-day, just so I don't have such a plate full at supper. I was stuffed after eating last night, and I still didn't eat the full 500 calories. In fact, I still feel stuffed this morning and don't feel like I did last week.

The first week, I had soup for lunch and grilled chicken salad for supper. Second week, I only had veg beef soup for supper. I think all the veggies last night was just a bit much to eat. Going to have to work with my food and see what works best. I don't like feeling so stuffed.

Next fast day is tomorrow, which is good since I have to go have blood work pulled so I can't eat anyway.
03 Apr 2013, 12:38
well done gaitless- have only skimmed through the posts but with all the obstacles against you, you still are doing good and i LOVE your tag line - might have to pinch that

jeniben
03 Apr 2013, 12:47
Pinch away! :grin:
05 Apr 2013, 11:12
My 3rd week weigh in was not so good this time. I gained 3.4 lbs, so up to 292.4. My waist is the same, so no inches lost/gained there. Good thing is that I'm still 4.5 lbs down from start weight, so still losing on average 1.5 lbs per week. :like:

Am I disappointed? Sure I am. You always want to see the scales move every week, but in reality it's the average you are going for. I'm still working on what works best for me. I'm sure I will find my "grove", it will just take a little time.

My 6th fast was a bit unusual for me yesterday. I had to have my labs pulled, so I only had water yesterday morning. I had planned on eating some soup for lunch. But it was cold out and when I got home I just wanted my coffee that I didn't get to have at breakfast. I put a bit of creamer in mine, so coffee before labs is a no no for me. Once I drank my coffee, I wasn't hungry. I got a little hungry early afternoon, but wanted to wait until DH got home to eat with him. By that time, I wasn't hungry and neither was he, so we didn't eat supper. I drank some broth later and ate an apple. That was all I had yesterday. So I almost had a food free day and really wasn't that hungry.

Maybe I messed up by not eating, but I find it hard to make myself eat when I'm not hungry. I had to do that on other diets, and really don't want to start doing that on this woe.
06 Apr 2013, 12:15
I'll get my results next week at my Dr appt. I wish I had been on this plan for a while longer before having labs done, but they will be pulled again in 3 months so I should see if this will help or not by then.

I tracked my calories for my feed day yesterday. Missed my TDEE by about 500 calories below my required amount. :confused: Maybe part of the problem is that I may not be eating my TDEE on most days? I plan on tracking my calories this next week to see.

RA is more pronounced today. More stiffness and muscle pain is more pronounced. Tuesday is my ob/gyn appt, so hopefully he clears me and I can restart my MTX before it gets any worse.
12 Apr 2013, 19:03
I had my weigh in this morning, and I'm down 2 lbs. Which gives me a total of 6 lbs lost in 4 weeks! So, 1.5 lbs a week is not bad at all! :like:

I think my problem has been that I'm not actually eating up to my TDEE. If I eat junk, I can hit it no problem, but when I eat healthier choices, I don't reach it. I usually don't eat breakfast. I'm simply not hungry. It's just something I'm going to have to figure out.

Got some good labs from the Dr this week. My HDL is up, and LDL is down. Total is down. Which mine wasn't over 200 to start with, but it's still down about 8 points. Have to see what it is in 3 months after being on this woe for a while. Only thing, seems my Glucose is up a bit, by 3 points, but he said nothing to worry about.

Plan on restarting my MTX next week.
14 Apr 2013, 15:36
Hi gaitless. Great news this week. Well done you.
14 Apr 2013, 15:45
Perhaps go for high fat, low volume things to get your cals up? Bit of butter, oil, etc, particularly as it'll help you absorb things better. I'm eating more nuts.
27 Apr 2013, 00:51
Sorry, been MIA for several days. Been busy with life and had my monitor die on my comp. :(

I've been doing my plan, and doing pretty good with it. My weigh in last Friday I lost 1 pound and 2 inches off my waist.

Today, I lost 1 pound and inches stayed the same. I've been on this plan now for 6 weeks, and I've lost a total of 8 pounds and 3 inches off my waist. So that's what, 1.33 lbs per week, or there about? Something I can definitely live with.

Also started back on my MTX last week. Take my 2nd dose tonight. So far so good. Be glad when the stiffness starts to ease up.

Been getting some exercise. Walking a little, but doing more yard work. Lots of raking, lifting, bending, dragging and getting into some poison ivy. :curse: Stuff itches something awful, but it has eased up the last day or so.

I'll check in more often. I've really missed getting on here and seeing how everyone has been doing. :)
03 May 2013, 11:54
Weekly progress report time!

I'm still losing weight and inches, but just a bit slower this week.

Weight loss: 0.6 lbs
Inch loss: 0 on waist, but I did lose 1 inch on my bust :grin:

Start weight: 296 lbs. Now: 287.4 lbs.
Start waist: 52 in. Now: 49 in.

I have lost 8.6 lbs and 3 ins in 7 weeks. That's 1.229 lbs per week? So I'm still doing pretty good. Of course I wish I was losing more, but any downward movement is a good thing.
33 posts Page 2 of 3