The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

33 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Finding my path
07 Oct 2013, 01:51
Wow! It's been a while since I posted here. I need to do some catching up.

I'm still IF'ing. I hardly ever eat Breakfast, maybe twice a week. I don't plan my "fast" days, I just let my hunger dictate if I'm eating that day or not. I had stopped losing weight and had actually put on a couple pounds, so I decided to change a few things. I think I was still eating too much of the wrong things. Sweet tea being the major culprit.

I continue with my IF'ing, but I've changed what I eat. I eat meat, vegetables, fruit and some dairy. No sugar and no grains. I started this eating plan 8 weeks ago, and so far I have lost 22.4 lbs, and 4 inches off my waist.

I think I've finally found the combo that works for me. Primal and IF. Together they work really well for me. Since I am hypothroid and have RA, it's really hard to lose weight, for me anyway.

It's hard sometimes. There are days when I could kill for a glass of sweet tea. Now, I drink coffee with cream and water. Thats it. Its not that bad, I haven't died yet anyway, lol.

I'll try to post more often with my updates.
07 Oct 2013, 07:23
Wow, Gaitless! 22lbs in 8 weeks is fantastic! Well done, you, for hanging in there!

I've switched to low carb as well - haven't had such spectacular results but but I do feel well on it.

This WOL has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride for me over the last 8 months but I'm absolutely convinced this is the answer to my eternal quest for sustainable weight management.
07 Oct 2013, 07:46
Thanks for the update gaitless. Very interesting. I like your instinctive way of when and why you choose to fast, its maintains the flexibility and ensuring its a WOL. Also inspiring how you have found what is working for you as straight 5:2 isn't always effective for everyone especially when you have some medical issues which muddy the water

All the best
33 posts Page 3 of 3