The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

32 posts Page 1 of 3
Tammz journal
31 May 2013, 22:55
Hi all as I know I can stick with this WOL after one month in I thought I better start tracking my journey in one place. :smile:
Be warned I tend to ramble and can appeared scattered brained from time to time.
I was 120kg when I started 5:2 :frown:
I had a great feeling this morning jumping on the scales to find i'm now 110.3kg :victory: :grin: After our bad history I think scales and myself may be starting to become friends.
After losing quite a bit in the first few week last week I didn't loss anything last week and I was preparing myself mentally to be stuck at that weigh for a while but no the scales moved in the right direction down for me today.
My next mini goal is to get my BMI under 40 so onward and downwards I go :grin:
Re: Tammz journal
31 May 2013, 23:10
Wow. That's a brilliant loss so far. Onwards & upwards (with the kgs off) x
31 May 2013, 23:13
OOOOO :shock: Tammz! That's fantastic loss! You are doing fantastic and you will soon be in the "30's" :wink:
And it's much better to have friends (including your scale) than enemies! Keep it up and off! :like: :cool:
31 May 2013, 23:39
thanks amberenchanted and betsysgr8
I forgot to add I had my first compliment yesterday it wasnt in regard to weight loss but my skin of all things, young girl at the hairdresser said I had beautiful skin not all wrinkly like her mums lol :grin: I told her fat fills them out she said no that's not what I mean its looking really healthy today, well you could have knocked me over such a small thing but made my day, I've suffered with eczema all my life so skin is a touchy subject for me so another unforseen benefit of 5:2.
01 Jun 2013, 03:17
How wonderful Tammz !!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. : )
01 Jun 2013, 03:33
Great work Tammz, I have not seen people saying that their skin is looking lovely with 5:2.
I agree with you there.
Way to go to next milestone
06 Jun 2013, 21:56
Well its been and up and down week, I played around with fasting days as I knew Thursday would be super stressful and glass of wine would be needed by end of day(and it was) so fasted Wednesday instead that would have been fine except decided to experiment with have big breakfast and light late meal it may work out for other but I have learned that i am definitely a fast all day evening meal girl.
I had full blood work up done yesterday as I'm feeling unwell again :frown: so it should be interesting as last time it was done was 3 months ago beginning February before I started 5:2 and they have decided to included thyroid etc in this lot.
tomorrow is weight in day so it should be interesting to see how such an unsettled week plays out on the scales and measuring tape.
06 Jun 2013, 22:47
Good luck tomorrow on your weigh inTammz.Actually , come to think of it gillymary, I have had 2 compliments from my best friend and a colleague saying that my skin looked really good. I was surprised. Maybe there are others out there? I suppose that the repairing thats going on during fasting time is a mystery but we see it in different ways. I hope you blood results are positive and you feel better Tammz.
06 Jun 2013, 22:55
Hello all:). That is so funny to hear you girls talk about getting compliments on your skin. I also received one this past week but thought nothing of it at the time. What a wonderful benefit if in fact that is what it is:). Looking forward to additional benefits other than the weight loss too. Thank you for all the sharing! It sure is an encouragement to this ole South Carolina girl:). Have a great week to all:)
08 Jun 2013, 07:27
Well weigh in day and results aren't great :frown:
On the positive side it was a loss all be it a small one was 110.3kg now 109.9kg, so back to Monday and Thursday fasts for me this week. Tape measure is the same as last week so no shift there, time to start moving a bit more I think this week and see what happens.
08 Jun 2013, 07:33
Tammz, 400g is just under 1 pound which is the average loss so you're still doing great. :victory:

Keep at it and move about a bit- sure it'll work and we're all rooting for you! :clover:
08 Jun 2013, 08:25
I think 400 g is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! Better than the other direction,hey. You go girl!!!!!!
15 Jun 2013, 05:24
Hello it that time of the week weigh in and yay surprisingly it was another loss down to 109.3 from 109.9kgs so even sick I have to be happy with that.
Other news well got blood work back and was super surprised by the results wont go into the pages of result but the generally all marker were within normal range :bugeyes:
I cant remember the last time that has happened so even though I feel terrible at the moment good things have been happen happening inside me.
One example is a marker CRP (c reactive protein) previous high as 62 in February in now 11 which is all but normal (normal range 0-10) :like:
So great news since starting 5:2 I now got great measurable changes with in myself.
Still feel like the bottom of the bird cage but at least I know this WOL is working for me.
15 Jun 2013, 05:46
:heart: Hope you feel better soon Tammz. Great progress.

Do you understand why you feel rotten. Have you got all your strategies in place eg fluid replacement as we do wee a lot so can be dehydrated and that leads to headaches. Carolines threads on headaches offers some sage advice. Caroline has also done a thread on what happens to all of our organs as we fast, it's worth a read and might give you some answers.

I know I am being presumptuous that you are feeling rotten from fasting so please excuse me if I barking up the wrong tree. Take good care of you while you are doing amazing efforts :) :clover:
15 Jun 2013, 06:09
Hi Tamzz,
What a fabulous effort!
Not feeling up to much but still fasting and losing weight!
Well done you, I look forward to following your journey.
I'll be here!
Gigi
32 posts Page 1 of 3