The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

43 posts Page 1 of 3
Jemima's Progress
02 Feb 2013, 14:57
Today, a little test...

I have a pair of jeans that I somehow managed to shrink in the wash and so over the summer I pretty much stopped wearing them as they were uncomfortably tight.

This morning they leapt out at me from the wardrobe and I thought 'well, it won't hurt to try them on...'

I had to breath in to do them up, but do up they did! And here we are, a few hours later, they've stretched a little as they've warmed up and are now very comfortable! Incredible! I didn't think I'd be back in these quite so quickly!

:D :D :D
Re: Jemima's Progress
02 Feb 2013, 14:59
Well done brilliant feeling isn't it, makes it all worthwhile
02 Feb 2013, 15:43
Thanks Pauline. It's made all the sweeter as they're my favourite jeans, so I'm really pleased to be able to wear them again. :)
15 Feb 2013, 23:19
It's official - I LOVE this wol! :D

I had a terribly piggy weekend last week and seemed to eat and drink loads. It started with half a KFC bargain bucket and a bottle of wine on Friday night, then a BBQ Saturday lunch with another bottle of wine, followed with kebab and chips at a friends with another bottle of wine on Saturday evening, and then lunch out on Sunday in a pub with more friends, full 3 courses with choccy fudge cake for dessert and yet another bottle of wine!

Needless to say that I wasn't surprised that I'd put on weight on Monday morning. I didn't get disheartened, just told myself that it was one of those weekends and it might take a couple of weeks to catch up with the weightloss, but that it would come eventually.

So, I weighed myself this morning after my second fast day this week - and guess what?!

Not only had I lost all the weight I put back on last weekend but also more as well!! Unbelievable!! :D

So that's 2.7 kilos lost in the last 3 weeks. Pretty much 6lbs, and double the forum average. :D

The next question is...how much can I overeat this weekend?? :lol:
15 Feb 2013, 23:42
Fantastic, thats amazing. Maybe there is hope for me too as tonight I devoured a chinese takeaway and a bit of choccy to wash it down.
16 Feb 2013, 13:14
AWESOME!!!! GOOD JOB!

Gives me inspiration. Oh and I LOVE KFC! My weakness... Ive not even started 5:2 yet and Im already thinking of KFC :P

I have quite a few 'slim'clothes I never was slim enough to wear or wore once and binge back to size 14! sigh. You have given me an idea to take them out . I think when I feel hungry and Im at home Ill try them on instead of reach for the fridge. That's the idea.. I hope I dont give in to temptation... eeeeeeeeee

Thanks for sharing!
02 Mar 2013, 21:22
Well, that's my first half stone gone, and more.

3.6kg lost, that's just under 8lb. :D

I'm so pleased. :D :D :D
02 Mar 2013, 21:34
That's great news Jemima. I'm really pleased for you.
08 Mar 2013, 22:27
Well, there's one bonus to being ill half the week - I've lost another 1.4kg this week! :grin:

Now I'm back to the same weight that I was 2 1/2 years ago, which is the last time I went on a diet! :rotfl:
21 Apr 2013, 13:18
I guess it's time for an update. I didn't realise that it had been so long!

I've reached a couple of major milestones in the last few weeks.

I'm now 7.3kg down, which is 16lbs and over a stone!! :victory:

Also, I'm seeing a new number at the beginning of the readings on the scales so that's great too!! :victory:

And just to cap it all off, the jeans that I just squeezed into at the beginning of this thread are now so 'comfy' that they almost come off without being undone!! :victory:

I've had a couple of plateaus the last few weeks, in fact from 21st March to 12th April I lost a grand total of 0.2kg or less than half a pound, but I seem to be back on track now with a loss last week of exactly 1kg or 2.2lbs. Let's hope that I can maintain the losses going forward and not just maintain!

Next big milestone will be coming down from the morbidly obese category into the just plain old obese one! Hopefully I'll see that in the next few weeks too.

Keep going everyone, this really does work!! :victory:
21 Apr 2013, 13:36
Well done Jemima! :like: Here's to that next milestone!
21 Apr 2013, 13:55
Fantastic Jemima.
Great news about joining the '1 stone off club'.

So sorry that your jeans will soon be too big for you and again they will have to sit in the back of your wardrobe! :grin: :grin:

Isn't is great when you have to buy a size smaller.
Here's to your next stone off.

Lesley
21 Apr 2013, 14:40
That really is incredible!!! Well done !! xx
22 Apr 2013, 21:22
Thanks ladies! It really does feel good. :grin:
03 May 2013, 19:57
So, I'm kind of pleased and disappointed this week.

9.9kg down and sooooo close to being 10kg! I even ran up and down the stairs a couple of times to see if it made a difference, but no! :( Also soooo close to being under 40 BMI. :( Oh well, hopefully next week I'll be able to report those milestones.

On a positive note, 9.9kg is over 1.5 stones, so that's something to celebrate! :victory:

And the jeans that I've been mentioning all the way through this thread, that I had to stop wearing last summer as they were too tight - well, they now come off without being undone!! :victory:

Onwards and downwards boys and girls!!
43 posts Page 1 of 3