The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

43 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Jemima's Progress
03 May 2013, 20:03
Jemima that's fantastic! It's not that long ago you thought you'd not be able to get them done up! Must be a great feeling.
03 May 2013, 20:05
That's fantastic - what a wonderful feeling :like:

:clover: Good luck for the push to the milestones!
03 May 2013, 20:10
Well done! Time for new jeans?
03 May 2013, 20:25
Thanks guys, I'm really pleased. I didn't think I'd get this far so soon.

New jeans? Net yet. Like a lot of people I don't want to spend money on clothes that I'll shrink out of soon enough. I think I'll wait until they become really obscene, or fall off while I'm walking along.

Next week then!! :rotfl:
10 May 2013, 21:09
I've done it!! :victory:

After a weekend of indulgence again last weekend, I'd increased by 2.5kgs on Monday morning. :shock: I knew it was mostly water and knew I'd lose most of it this week, but resigned myself to a small gain or a maintain this week. :frown:

Imagine my surprise when I stood on the scales this morning. Not only had I lost the 2.5kgs I put on last weekend, I'd lost another 300g too!! :victory:

OK, it's not a lot, but its not a gain or a maintain...

...and...

...it takes me out of the morbidly obese category!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

WOOHOO!! :victory:
10 May 2013, 22:45
Ah well done, very inspiring!

Can't wait til I need new jeans.

x o x
10 May 2013, 23:12
congrats on reaching millstone :victory:
im also looking forward to hearing of your jeans around knees moment while out shopping that is bound to happen any day now :lol:
23 May 2013, 05:28
Wow congrats on your progress to date! I did my first fast yesterday and its very inspiring to think that in only 4 months i could be 10kgs lighter! any more updates? its been nearly 2 weeks since you last posted :P
31 May 2013, 20:56
Another update then, just for deedeelicious! ;)

Following two rather indulgent weekends after the last weigh in, which included a shooting party, a birthday party and a long weekend on a narrow boat with some friends, I ended up 5kg up. Yes boys and girls, a whole 5kgs!! :shock: :cry:

After picking myself up off the floor, deciding it MUST all be water retention due to the copious amount of alcohol and also items still 'in transit', and giving myself a good talking too I put my mind to rectifying the damage. :frown:

So, here we are, 4 fast days later, and not only have I lost those rogue 5kgs, but also another half a kilo too!! :victory:

I absolutely :heart: this WOL!! :grin:
31 May 2013, 21:20
Absolutely fantastic! I want to hang out with you! You have a way of partying that gets some specactular results, all I ever get with partying is a hangover. lol :dazed: :wink:
31 May 2013, 21:27
Thanks Betsy. :)

It's the party lifestyle that got me to 200% of my ideal weight in the first place. It's so nice to be able to repair all that damage and more during the week. :victory:

I realise that I could probably lose weight a whole lot faster if I didn't party quite so hard, but hey, it's not a dress rehearsal! :lol: :drink:
03 Jun 2013, 23:58
Good on you girl!
isnt it nice to still have that lifestyle AND be able to loose weight :)
06 Jun 2013, 21:02
This is why I love this WOE too :-)
Nice one Jemimia!
27 Aug 2013, 13:10
This thread really is due an update. I've just re-read all my posts and they seem so long ago!

Two weeks all-inclusive in June didn't do a lot for my progress. Hubby calls all-inclusive 'pre-paid', and that's how we ate and drank for two whole weeks - like it was all pre-paid and we had to eat and drink as much as possible to get our money's worth! I came back 3kgs heavier than when I went, and it seemed to take more effort to get rid of it then it did when we went on the narrow boat in May. I guess it's because a lot of the excess had time to turn into fat, rather then the water weight you'd expect to lose fairly quickly. Nevertheless, six fast days and it was all gone, and more. :grin:

So, where am I now?

A total of 14kg gone for good. More than 4kg lower than my pre-holiday weight, an d more than 2 stones gone for good. :victory:

The jeans from the beginning of the thread? I had to stop wearing them again. But for the right reasons this time! I just can't keep them up!! :victory:

I bought another really nice pair of jeans a size smaller, and they've lasted the summer, but they'll be ready to go to the charity shop soon enough because I'm not sure I'll be able to keep these up for too much longer. It's a shame as they are really nice, but I guess it's just an excuse for more shopping! :rotfl:

And how about hubby? He's doing really well too. He has some long shorts that he stopped wearing last summer as they were getting too small. He was wearing them comfortably again when we were on holiday, and when he put them on this weekend it's obvious we're going to have to get him some smaller ones for next summer. :victory:

So, thanks to the 5:2 wol we are both getting thinner and healthier. There's a long way still to go, but we have the tools to do it and we know that it works. Big thanks must go to @Moogie for setting up such a brilliant forum, and also to all you fabulous ladies and gents who lend support and encouragement when needed and are so quick to congratulate success. I couldn't do it without you! :heart:

Here's to the next 2 stones!! Onwards and downwards!! :victory: :dance: :victory:
06 Sep 2013, 20:30
Have to share...

I've found my collarbone again!!! :victory: :rotfl:

OK, it was there all along, but it was very well hidden before and now I can see it again.

It's the little things that keep us going isn't it! :grin:
43 posts Page 2 of 3