The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

43 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Jemima's Progress
07 Sep 2013, 08:02
Hi Jemima Well done on finding yet another ''hidden treasure ''
That's another plus for this WOL , to suddenly see some part of our anatomy that we haven't seen in a while :heart: :heart:

I just wish my ankles would reappear if only fleetingly, at least
I would know that I still had them. LoL. :clover: Sue
07 Sep 2013, 10:11
Thanks for the updates, it's great to read how other people's journeys happen. I'm very much looking forward to updating my progress a few months in and hopefully reporting as much success as you!
I don't feel like I'm on a diet at all, so I hope to sustain this WOE too.
:smile:
07 Sep 2013, 10:46
Thanks ladies! :)

Sue - I'm sure your ankles will make a re-appearance when they are ready. In the meantime it's just another thing to look forward too! ;)

fifpye - I'm glad you enjoyed reading my musings. I really must update this thread more often. :)
27 Sep 2013, 22:00
Well, it finally happened! Someone finally noticed!! :victory:

A colleague asked me if I was wasting away, and when I said I wasn't, she said
"But you have lost loads of weight though? You look like you've lost loads of weight"

Woohoo!! Isn't it great when that happens! :grin:
27 Sep 2013, 22:11
Yes yesterday I got the 'my you have lost a lot of weight' from someone I have not seen for some months. It is great

Nice thread very encouraging thanks Jemima and all the best with your continuing journey
28 Sep 2013, 02:33
Those couple of words make such a difference in someone's journey, I'm so glad that you finally had someone in your life say to you "have you lost weight'! Well done! :like: :victory: :)
28 Sep 2013, 06:39
:victory: wonderful Jemima! :like: :rainbow:
29 Sep 2013, 12:28
Thanks ladies, I was sooooo chuffed all day!!

(That's pleased for any non-Brits ;) )
20 Jan 2014, 21:20
Well, I guess it's time for another update, having been on this WOL for the last year.

I don't seem to have lost any weight for a long time...since August actually. I've been bumbling along losing and gaining the same 2kgs for months. It's a real shame as I've still got a very long way to go. :frown:

BUT.

A BIG BUT.

I am changing shape!! I'm not sure how as I'm not losing weight, but I am definitely changing shape. :victory:

I went down a jeans size almost immediately, and another one in the summer, and I've just gone down one more! That's 3 dress sizes in a year, and I'm back in clothes that I'd forgotten I have! :grin:

The only reasoning I can think of is that I spent so long at this weight on the way up, maybe I need to spend a long time at this weight on the way down while my body sorts itself out. I must be doing some good as I'm definitely getting smaller, and TBH it's my shape that everyone sees, I don't go round with my weight tattooed on my forehead! (Heaven forbid!! :shock: )

I guess I'll happily bumble along at this weight for as long as it takes. I mean, that's 16.5kgs lighter than I ever thought I'd be a year ago. It took me 25 years to put all the weight on, so if it takes me a little while to lose it then so be it.

Onwards and downwards!!
20 Jan 2014, 21:25
Keep at it @Jemima - as you say, it's the shape that counts :-)

Er, just a thought but...are you sure your scales work properly?!

Bean :confused:
20 Jan 2014, 21:27
Well if you're changing shape something's going on! What does the tape measure say?
20 Jan 2014, 21:32
nursebean wrote: Keep at it @Jemima - as you say, it's the shape that counts :-)

Er, just a thought but...are you sure your scales work properly?!

Bean :confused:

Thanks Bean. I'm fairly sure that the scales are OK as they read less than I weigh when hubby stands on them! :lol:
20 Jan 2014, 21:35
carorees wrote: Well if you're changing shape something's going on! What does the tape measure say?

I've not used a tape measure (can't find one long enough... :wink: ). I'm definitely getting smaller though, as I'm getting into clothes that I couldn't wear a few weeks ago.

Bodies are weird things, aren't they!! :lol:
43 posts Page 3 of 3