The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Basics of nutrition
16 Jun 2014, 23:56
Wow, what a great summary, very well written and easy to understand. Thanks so much.

It really highlights my biggest bummer - I need to drop either my carb intake or my fat intake :( but they just go together like love and marriage, a horse and carriage, bread and butter. Maybe I can switch out the bread for veggies, because veggies smothered in butter so good too. Hmmmmmmm.
17 Jun 2014, 00:01
@KataMac that point resonated with me too! It's funny how the light bulb goes off when you read something. Thanks @Carorees
17 Jun 2014, 00:39
Very nice and easy to read. The only comment I would have is that there could be a small tidy up around the carbs and GI as it jumps quickly from simple and complex carbs to GI. Maybe explain the difference in carb types first? Just my two pence worth!
17 Jun 2014, 00:58
Wow that was a lot of work! Nice job, @carorees! Similar to Deb's comment, maybe add something about fiber?
17 Jun 2014, 09:16
Brilliant summary Caro! I especially like the examples you give of portion sizes for carbs, very useful!
17 Jun 2014, 10:40
Thanks so much for all your work. Was thinking I needed a table of some sorts on protein. I am still digesting the large amount of info I.no the article, scuse the pun. Looking forward to a more thorough read, especially about carbs
17 Jun 2014, 11:01
Thanks for your comments, I am so glad you like it. I will tidy up the simple and complex carbs and GI bit as you suggest @Debs and I agree that I should include something on fibre @MaryAnn. I'll try to get that done over the next couple of days...watch that space!
22 posts Page 2 of 2