The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

78 posts Page 4 of 6
Jemima wrote: So, what's the difference between caloric and calorific?

I thought is was just a difference between american and british english.

From dictionary.com:

ca·lor·ic
[kuh-lawr-ik, -lor-] Show IPA

adjective
1. of or pertaining to calories: the caloric content of food.

2. of or pertaining to heat.

3. (of engines) driven by heat.

4. high in calories: a caloric meal.

noun
5. heat.
-----------------------
World English Dictionary

calorific (ˌkæləˈrɪfɪk)

— adj

of, concerning, or generating heat

calo'rifically

— adv
Queen56 wrote: Help please! I can't see TDEE anywhere on my tracker.

Have you tried logging off the forum and back on? I don't know that it will update but worth a shot. Perhaps Moogie will be able to see if there is something missing in your data.
Thanks for this Moogie - it's really helpful.
I agree, thank you! It's a great easy reference without having to go to another site and input data to get the number.
Hi Bestysgr8
I've logged off and on again but still no joy. I'll get in touch with Moogie.
Thanks Moogie- that is REALLY helpful!
If you didn't enter a date of birth (at least the year), it won't be able to calculate your tdee. Might that be your problem?
That's it. No birth date entered. Can I go back and put to in?
Right. Birthdate added but...still no TDEE!
You'll need me to add the birthdate, I don't think you can edit that yourself.
I've sent you birthdate by pm Moogie.
Lol I thought 'calorific' was a combination of calories and terrific, and you used it to describe a naughty but delicious indulgence. "I shouldn't have eaten that cake, but it sure was calorific!" :-)
Thanks Queen56, I'll get that added for you in a moment :)

BruceE: Does that mean I was actually using the right word (well, one of a pair of right words?).
Thank you Moogie for all the work you have done in order to create this for us. It will be very useful as it is showing me that I can only eat a shockingly small amount. Much less than I thought. This is going to be hard, and I was finding it so easy too, no wonder! Was pleased with my weight loss so far but will have to keep an eye on it now :frown:
Wendy Darling wrote: Thank you Moogie for all the work you have done in order to create this for us. It will be very useful as it is showing me that I can only eat a shockingly small amount. Much less than I thought. This is going to be hard, and I was finding it so easy too, no wonder! Was pleased with my weight loss so far but will have to keep an eye on it now :frown:

Awww Wendy, maybe you are more active than you give yourself credit for? Did you read the whole paragraph that came with the TDEE? The Bold number is sedentery and in the paragraph are the more 'active' TDEE's. :smile:
78 posts Page 4 of 6