The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

78 posts Page 5 of 6
Yes, Moogie, it appears that either word works in that context. So we both learned a new word today! :-)
Thank you for adding this Moogie, VERY helpful! :heart:
Thanks Moogie but Wow - the addition of this TDEE is a real eye opener - gives me much lower readings that the figures I got when using the two links I found on the forum (Freedieting and thefitgirls). I had been working on eating 420 calories on repair days but this lowers it to 379 so I might move to just one meal in the evening so that I don't go to bed with a rumbly tum!
Remember the base figure it gives you is for a sedentary lifestyle, if you're more active (even a little) the figures go up :)
KEECH! That's a major shock! Thanks for sorting that all out Moogie. My figures are really quite low - no wonder it's not shifting! It does seem tough and feels quite difficult to sustain for a lifetime - not quite sure what to do ...:confused:
I wonder if it's possible to add another little statement to the TDEE calculation based on the user's rate of weight loss? It should say "based on your current weight loss you are eating an average of xxx calories per day less than TDEE", where xxx represents the kg lost per week x 7000 divided by 7. that puts the TDEE calculation into context for users.
Will try to do that this evening Caro when I've finished packing :)
It's a great help. This forum is so good because it's being developed through ideas and suggestions from genuine 52 users. Thanks for all your hard work.
Moogie, Am I being particularly stupid as I can't see any details on my tracker regarding my TDEE recommended calculation? Sorry to bother you when you are packing, and do have a lovely holiday - you really deserve it.
Slimmer, have you filled in your birthday?
Example of what it looks like...
tracker.png
Example TDEE on tracker
Glassmarble, thank you for replying. No I haven't entered my D.O.B. and I see that an Administrator has to do that. If any kind soul could do it for me my birthday is 07/12/46.

Thank you also PhilT - now I know what I should by seeing.
Unfortunately only Moogie can do that for you Slimmer. I know she's just about to go on holiday but if she sees this before she goes I'm sure she'll do it for you. :)
carorees wrote: I wonder if it's possible to add another little statement to the TDEE calculation based on the user's rate of weight loss? It should say "based on your current weight loss you are eating an average of xxx calories per day less than TDEE", where xxx represents the kg lost per week x 7000 divided by 7. that puts the TDEE calculation into context for users.

Great idea if possible - I notice there was another thread yesterday where many were surprised how low their TDEE was; presumably like me, compared with what they had got from other sites. I suppose the main thing is that at least, for now anyway, I am losing weight so can gradually adjust my intake to be more inline with the TDEE.
Jemima wrote: Unfortunately only Moogie can do that for you Slimmer. I know she's just about to go on holiday but if she sees this before she goes I'm sure she'll do it for you. :)

Done :)

Now off to bed - long day tomorrow!
g'night all!
78 posts Page 5 of 6