The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

78 posts Page 2 of 6
Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Am guessing the calculation has come out from an excel sheet or something like that, hence the interesting variable names ;) Can't say I entirely follow it but will have another look later after I've eaten!
it's from a Google docs sheet what I made. More concise than the java mess I was comparing it with the other day.
I think a reminder is sufficient. Folk should be sufficiently interested to do SOME of the work themselves :wink:
Winsome wrote: I think a reminder is sufficient. Folk should be sufficiently interested to do SOME of the work themselves :wink:

there are sites out there with calculation errors, and people coming back here very confused, so I would be in favour of an indicative TDEE calculation on here so we aren't referring people away from this site and then having to rationalise what they've found elsewhere.
If someone tells me the preferred TDEE calculator I'll ensure the reminder includes a link to that :)
Moogie,
I chose this one: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm because it gave me the lowest result and I thought that this would be safer. According to my calculations (based on daily weighing and strict calorie counting) my actual TDEE is a little higher than that but not as high as other TDEE calculators say.
TML13 wrote: Moogie,
I chose this one: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

My browser warns me that freedieting.com is suspected of distributing malicious software.

I use fitday.com, but it requires sign up.
That's weird, mine opens it as every other site...
Sounds like a DarkLeech infection on that site. It hits seemingly randomly, and doesn't try to attack regular users very often. The malicious code is inserted on random pages at random times for random people - so a site can easily be infected and not know it. I'm currently dealing with such a problem on a client's site whose server software wasn't kept up to date, allowing the infection in :( Would suggest avoiding any sites which have it, it's a pretty nasty thing.
have you rejected the idea of putting an illustrative TDEE on this site ? I'm strongly in favour of that rather than referring off-site.
Moogie, if my browser doesn't warn me, am I OK to go there? Although I don't go there often just to copy and paste the address.
Phil: If I can get my head around the calculation I could add something as a guideline & refer to an offsite calculator for a more true indication.

TML: Do you have some form of antivirus software on your system? As long as that's up to date it should warn you if the site loads an infected page for you, and protect you.
Yes, I do. I do get these warnings from time to time but never for this website.
Phil...how far did you get with developing a TDEE calculator for our questionnaire? Could this not be used to create our very own calculator?
78 posts Page 2 of 6