The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

31 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Plateau indeed...
30 Jul 2013, 22:09
I think it's definitely something to do with the weather..the ONLY time I've ever put on weight since I started in Feb was last week when it was really hot and I put on 2 lbs. Lost it this week though, now it's cooler.

Are you doing anything different?
30 Jul 2013, 23:01
MistyGray wrote: I think it's definitely something to do with the weather..the ONLY time I've ever put on weight since I started in Feb was last week when it was really hot and I put on 2 lbs. Lost it this week though, now it's cooler.

Are you doing anything different?

The heat doesn't agree with me at all (plus my job is quite physical).

Therefore I spend hot days mostly just collapsed.
06 Sep 2013, 07:06
Hi

Some of you may know that I've not been happy in my job recently.

It came to a bit of head last shift....no details ...but basically I ve packed it-in.

My Mum was astute enough o see I was an the verge of mental health issues and they have agreed to support me for the next years whilst I get retrained.

I did wan to do this before the start of the academic year so its all been abbit sudden; but my God what a relief.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO, you people,

atm moment I'm booked onto a plumbing training course but I was looking at gym instructor leading to personal trainer at Tel ford.

To be honest I don't feel terribly fit (or well) yet so to pretend to be fitness fanatic just doesn't hold water just now.

Should Ilook at theperosnal trainer thing in A little while?

Anything else?

Looking pack at my July posts my weight progress is about on track as I'm hovering just a smidgen over 13 stone just now. Looking to get under 13 stone.....obviously.......which is from light years ago. Still only two inches off my waste but my Mum says I look alot better.
06 Sep 2013, 07:37
Good for you to get out from a situation that was doing your health a disservice. The stress you were experiencing might well have contributed to the plateau...cortisol affects glucose metabolism.

The fitness instructor thing is tricky...if you're not committed to it yourself how can you inspire your clients? On the other hand, the training to become one would be interesting and useful and could look good on a CV if you decide plumbing is not for you either! My niece did the course and got a lot out of it even though she's not thinking of being a personal trainer at the moment.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
06 Sep 2013, 07:48
Good luck David. You must feel so relieved now, making the decision to change the situation is a massive and brave step to take. Anyway there is a national shortage of plumbers, carpenters and the like so go for it. My son (17) is training to become a mechanic. Another trade we all rely on.
06 Sep 2013, 17:23
carorees wrote: Good for you to get out from a situation that was doing your health a disservice. The stress you were experiencing might well have contributed to the plateau...cortisol affects glucose metabolism.

The fitness instructor thing is tricky...i[b]f you're not committed to it yourself how can you inspire your clients?[/b] On the other hand, the training to become one would be interesting and useful and could look good on a CV if you decide plumbing is not for you either! My niece did the course and got a lot out of it even though she's not thinking of being a personal trainer at the moment.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

In a way that's the trouble.

I'm certainly committed to weight loss but it's centred on portion management just now.

I told the lad I'm not really sports oriented and he said no you don't have to be....but I think I need to be a bit fitter then I am now to do it. It IS frustrating as it was quite tempting ....and might have been able to inspire people to 5;2 through the gym work. Then again it can be sensitive issue so maybe its best left alone!

Thanks for the good wishes. A toxic situation gone and (I'm afraid) good riddance.
06 Sep 2013, 17:56
The world will always need good plumbers! Good luck for the future!
06 Sep 2013, 18:12
Good luck with the plumbing course David.
06 Sep 2013, 18:36
Good luck with whatever you decide.... sounds like you are well out of the old job anyway!

Just sending support from a "neighbour".... I'm in Bridgnorth :)
06 Sep 2013, 20:16
Well done on making the decision to change your life for the better. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. :clover:
06 Sep 2013, 20:43
Good luck-plumbers are usually well paid and difficult to find when you need one, so if you do enjoy it it would be a good choice.
06 Sep 2013, 21:08
David
I too hit a plateau after 5 months on the diet. I found 2 things helped. I tried the HIIT, 1 minute of High Intensive exercise 3 times a week before my usual exercise session. I do it on my 2 fast days and 2 others. I also made sure on my nonfast days I was eating close to my TDEE and the plateau broke. This has happened to me twice now and broken both times the same way so I suggest you consider it. By the way I'm 60 no spring chicken and it sure raised some eyebrows when I made the gym bike move at more than 100rpm so be warned!
06 Sep 2013, 22:01
Thank for good wishes. :like: :like: :like:

It does make another problem but a couple of massive obstacles now removed.
06 Sep 2013, 22:04
Beavergong wrote: David
I too hit a plateau after 5 months on the diet. I found 2 things helped. I tried the HIIT, 1 minute of High Intensive exercise 3 times a week before my usual exercise session. I do it on my 2 fast days and 2 others. I also made sure on my nonfast days I was eating close to my TDEE and the plateau broke. This has happened to me twice now and broken both times the same way so I suggest you consider it. By the way I'm 60 no spring chicken and it sure raised some eyebrows when I made the gym bike move at more than 100rpm so be warned!

Incresingly (for me) there is little dfference now between fast days and non fast days.

:cool:
07 Sep 2013, 06:34
Well done you, there can be little doubt that you've done a fabulous thing - 10 years ago I was rushing headlong towards mental health issues (the doctor wanted to prescribe me something quite strong as she was seriously concerned) - we did 3 things:

- went to a homeopathist - fantastic, certainly helped loads
- handed my notice in at work
- moved to France

I know that the combination of those 3 things saved me & 10 years later I can honestly say that I regret nothing (ok so our retirement is less financially secure than it would have been, but I may never have got there!!) 10 years of happiness & counting :) :)

GO FOR IT I'm sure you're going to have more success in a lot of things now, including 5:2 :like:
31 posts Page 2 of 3