The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

21 posts Page 2 of 2
:confused: It's the other way round for me! Calculator says 22.30% and my scales say 20.5%! Go figure! :bugeyes:
My Tanita scales have gone wrong. They used to measure fat quite well but my body fat is now suddenly showing as 34 on them when in fact it is 18%.
I think I'll just stick with Caroline's calculator it is far more accurate!
Hi, I have Tanita scales - these were recommended by a medical research doctor. There is some variability in body fat from day to day, but not what would be outside the error bounds I expect.

I just did the calculation in the link Caroline gave, and the %bf was the same as the scales, rounded to the nearest whole number.

Jeninboston - I am bit surprised that you have a BMI In normal range but %bf 39 - it is worth double checking the calculations. I was around 33% bf when just inside normal BMI.
Sassy1 wrote:
Jeninboston - I am bit surprised that you have a BMI In normal range but %bf 39 - it is worth double checking the calculations. I was around 33% bf when just inside normal BMI.

Im a classic pear shape with large hips at 41inches (105cm) and meaty thighs which is where I my fat sits, so in a way I'm not surprised.

Thanks for your suggestion and comment though, I will definitely re-measure and re-do the calculation

Jen :grin:
Bought some new scales, Tanita again but a different model, and my body fat is now around 13% which is about right I think, as I do a lot of running.
Just done my morning weigh/measure and my, quite old, Tanita scales put my body fat at 25% whereas the calculator gave me 25.16% - so that's OK then (except I'd still like to lose a bit more fat) but I'm happy with my weight :shock:
21 posts Page 2 of 2