The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

40 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: BE CAREFUL, BE VERY CAREFUL
12 Dec 2013, 13:59
When I read the title I thought "what did she do know ?". I know, I know, it's not fair... :lol:

You're right, it can be very easy to gain the weight back. I mean, my OH as already gain back some of the kilos he lost a few weeks ago because he indulges quite a lot these days. It's because he is worried about his eyes but still, it can go up very quickly indeed. Lucky for him he will lose them really easily

As far as I am concerned I am a lucky gal. I don't have a taste for chocolate and as soon as I eat too much, I feel sick. So, even with the festivities, I didn't have any chocolate or pastries yet. One exception however, I am really looking forward a yummy raclette this weekend :eat: :-P
12 Dec 2013, 14:02
Ah yes....I'm watching my scales like a hawk.
12 Dec 2013, 15:32
Simon Egan wrote: I guess there is something quite appropriate about applying a wet fish to the back of the neck when you have been on the scales.

Ha, there is a time and plaice for everything.... only codding!
12 Dec 2013, 15:35
This is such a difficult time of the year food is everywhere. I have now had 2 Christmas lunches but have avoided deserts. Once I get the taste of sugar I don't know when to stop, so I have to look on it as an enemy. :cry: :curse: I just keep repeating to myself Pure white and deadly when I am presented with it. I am trying to relax a couple of times a week as I feel it is not healthy to cut things out all together. :oops: Here's to a healthy enjoyable festive season for all of us :grin: :lol: .
12 Dec 2013, 16:41
A timely reminder, with Christmas less than a fortnight away. I've only been maintaining for 9 weeks but I've been on, or a pound or two below my target. The day I weighed myself and I was a pound OVER my target threw me into a tailspin!!! But this is GOOD because I became strict and the next day I was back where I like to be. I still can't eat "normally" on my non-fasting days, I still have to watch the calories and be careful as I could so easily fall back into my over-eating ways.

BUT.....this WOE has made me a lot more self-disciplined than before.....
12 Dec 2013, 17:30
I've read this just after eating THREE Sainsburys mince pies with icing...and my Christmas tip was to not eat anyhing unless someone had made it... We acquired them, rather than buying them, but I didn't have to eat them! So yes Ballerina, I shall try to bear in mind what you say, and the disappointment of regaining weight would definitely outweigh the pleasure of eating these.
12 Dec 2013, 17:39
Oh dear it is far to easy for the weight to creep up this time of year. I got to target weight in October for my Son's wedding and stayed down even after a short holiday. My problem is the colder and gloomier it gets the harder I find it to stick to 500 cals on my "rest" day or days, its also a hard time of year for us emotionally and again that means I eat more. I just hope that when the "festive" season is over I will be strong again.
12 Dec 2013, 20:29
I hear you Ballerina!

I've had a challenging week, nothing overly dramatic, just challenging. And I have had wine and bread and things I usually keep away from Monday to Friday. Not helped by a problem that is restricting my running, but enough excuses....

Monday is another day (apologies to Gone With The Wind)and I'm going to have a good week with 2 fasts and as much exercise as I can cram in, then I'm going to have the following 2 weeks off. I'll start again, when I started last year, on the Monday after my OH's birthday on the 4th January, but this time I will be at least 2 1/2 stones lighter and 2 dress sizes smaller

Happy Christmas
:reindeer:
13 Dec 2013, 05:56
Thanks Ballerina, and everyone else for sharing their stories. It will be interesting to hear after Christmas/New Year how everyone has dealt with all the food that is on offer - for me, it's a real test for how much I have actually reprogrammed my brain / behaviour...!!! (I still find it hard, after years of loving sweet fatty foods, breads etc, to not want to eat them when these are available...)
13 Dec 2013, 07:33
I guess, in my case, my taste changes. I mean, I can now really taste everything and need just a few bites to feel satisfied. Take some salted caramel, for example, as it is one of my obsession, its taste is so much stronger now than only a few bites/drops are enough

On the other hand, my body can't stomach fatty food since 5:2. Sure, I love some butter on a toast or fresh bread and I still have great pleasure with a pizza (wednesday it was smoked salmon pizza... sooooo good) but I can't digest process fatty food

I don't know if it's a brain reset or if it's just my stomach and my liver who decided to rebel and make me understand that I need to change my WOE but it sure is efficient :wink:
13 Dec 2013, 07:47
A fantastic post! Let's hear it for a mindful future!
13 Dec 2013, 19:04
Thanks Ballerina - I made a similar mistake three years ago and put back all the weight I had lost on low carb (it was several stone). I am anxious about doing the same thing again so I am trying to be good.
But this WOE is great for allowing you to quickly make up for a day when you have stuffed your face!
13 Dec 2013, 22:20
Only frozen salmon here in my frig. :confused: Will it work as well as wet ones? Hope so! Thanks, Ballerina. I am indeed,very,very afraid! :bugeyes:
13 Dec 2013, 22:31
Ballerina wrote: I was going to have some cheese and biscuits and perhaps a little bit of chocolate ( OK, a LOT ) I realised that sliding back into old habits can so easily sneak up on you. I had been weighing myself every day and I could see that the scales were moving, very slowly, but nevertheless, they were showing an increase in blubber. Ouch! Every day I would tell myself that it was not a problem, actually, it was no major problem as I never got back up to my target weight but I was still suffering from fat creep. So, a wet fish was applied, harshly, to the back of my head, more than once and a good talking to was administered to the mirror and the, very few pounds that had stuck to my middle got a good fright and took off sharpish........... slipping back again for no good reason, certainly not because of hunger, just pure laziness and loads of complacency.:

I hear you @Ballerina :shame:
No fish in the kitchen at the moment, so might have to catch a goldfish out of the pond...
I really needed that talking to. Thank you!! :high5:
14 Dec 2013, 12:52
wet fish - fresh
wet fish - frozen
all on standby if anyone needs
nice one ballerina !
40 posts Page 2 of 3