The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

40 posts Page 1 of 3
*BE CAREFUL, BE VERY CAREFUL
12 Dec 2013, 10:27
I reached my target weight on the 10th of March, so, let's see, yep, that would have been 9 months ago and what has happened since, you ask? Well, ask or not, here is what happened. A few weeks after reaching 'THE GOAL' I had, inexplicably lost another 7 lbs. WOW! Nice little extra but no more please. Now it was time for some serious maintenance and you know what, it was an absolute doddle. I just continued my version of 16/8 every day as this suits me so much and that is a very personal view, it is not for everyone. My 'window' is rarely as long as 8 hours, more like 3-5 and some days I only ate once giving me a good long fast til the next day. I ate as much as I wanted of the foods I wanted to eat but my tastes had changed so dramatically that this was never a problem. Holidays came and went, remember 'BOLLOX DU JOUR' girls? Gosh that was good fun, then there was Scotland then the missing VON BERLIN trip, what a summer of eating, drinking, travelling and never getting fatter, THANK YOU GOD, or as he is known round here Dr. Moseley! Now, the thing is, the weather has got colder, we have slipped into our winter routine and the other evening as I sat in the pub with my second glass of wine, a bag of crisps and knowing I was going to have some cheese and biscuits and perhaps a little bit of chocolate ( OK, a LOT ) I realised that sliding back into old habits can so easily sneak up on you. I had been weighing myself every day and I could see that the scales were moving, very slowly, but nevertheless, they were showing an increase in blubber. Ouch! Every day I would tell myself that it was not a problem, actually, it was no major problem as I never got back up to my target weight but I was still suffering from fat creep. So, a wet fish was applied, harshly, to the back of my head, more than once and a good talking to was administered to the mirror and the, very few pounds that had stuck to my middle got a good fright and took off sharpish. Now, the moral of all this is, no matter how successful you have been, no matter how determined you are to never be fat again, no matter how many new clothes you have bought to show off your new reduced figure, if you start to stupidly indulge in the social eating that got you overweight in the first place then you will be a lost cause, another statistic, another failed dieter, another yo-yo person with a wardrobe full of clothes that cover a multitude of sizes and sins, and you will be very, very UNHAPPY and we don't want that, now do we? So, the message is, yes the few pounds gained have been seen off again and it was not difficult but it was SO easy to start slipping back again for no good reason, certainly not because of hunger, just pure laziness and loads of complacency.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
Re: BE CAREFUL, BE VERY CAREFUL
12 Dec 2013, 10:37
Message received and understood Commander *salutes*.

Erm ... We're VERY close to Christmas now so I'm 16/8ing/gluten-freeing, and also enjoying the odd treat!

Bet you are too :0)
12 Dec 2013, 10:39
Hi Ballerina

thank you for that!! very funny but a strong message there... and you are absolutely right about becoming a little too complacent, gosh its sooooo easy... self-discipline is a must for me, almost 8 years ago I was a size 16 and miserable with it as am only 5'2, I made a decision then and stuck with it, and maintained my size 10 up to now but my weight was creeping up, a mixture of exercising and stuff,i noticed jeans were started to get a little snug mmmmmm not happy....
it took a lot searching, debating, analysing and then bingo I found this wonderful forum and 5.2,finally a light has been turned on :-)lol!!! clothes are no longer snug, I feel much better and don't feel like I am on a diet, ever! BUT as you say, I am very careful, most of the time anyway, mindful of what I eat, and I will keep to my 2 weekly fasts religiously, when I decide its time to switch to maintening then I will!!
ooops sorry this wasn't meant to be soooo long, thanks for the reminder Ballerina :-) :like: :heart: :victory: :grin:
12 Dec 2013, 10:43
A very timely reminder @Ballerina! :shock: It's so easy to become complacent once you've reached target and think you are invincible . As you rightly say, take action as soon as you notice those pesky pounds creeping back on again as it's much easier to shed a little extra weight rather than letting it pile on again. At the moment I'm probably a little under my 'fighting fit' optimal weight but with Christmas feasting looming I'm happy to have that little buffer so I can enjoy all the goodies on offer. If I find I have put too much weight back on I will fast again to shift it before it gets chance to take up permanent residence on my tum! :wink:
12 Dec 2013, 10:57
I think the Bananna Banoffee fresh cream and chocolate pudding from Morrisons that I ate to myself last night comes under that heading. Oops.
12 Dec 2013, 11:02
Thanks B for that tale of caution...a sobering thought which i willl bear in mind when (WHEN!) i reach my goal...keeping an eye on things and cracking down with the wet fish when an extra three or four pounds reappear will be much more ' doable' than the awful slog of losing stones.

This is my last effort at shedding weight ..and keeping it off ..if i fail this time ( but i won't) i' m getting several prs of elasticated waist trousers and gonna sit by the fire eating biscuits for the rest of my days! X x :bugeyes: :confused: :doh:
12 Dec 2013, 11:08
CandiceMarie wrote: Thanks B for that tale of caution...a sobering thought which i willl bear in mind when (WHEN!) i reach my goal...keeping an eye on things and cracking down with the wet fish when an extra three or four pounds reappear will be much more ' doable' than the awful slog of losing stones.

This is my last effort at shedding weight ..and keeping it off ..if i fail this time ( but i won't) i' m getting several prs of elasticated waist trousers and gonna sit by the fire eating biscuits for the rest of my days! X x :bugeyes: :confused: :doh:

You KNOW you won't fail CM. You are living, shrinking proof that this WOE works!! :like: :like: so no talk of elasticated waist trousers from you young lady! :grin: :grin:
12 Dec 2013, 11:12
... And we must be told....

Who applied the wet fish????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
12 Dec 2013, 11:42
A timely caution thank you. I have yo yo'd all my life but I now know that with this WOE I have lots of tools at my disposal (including wet fishes), , so now we all know what to do there should be no more excuses from any of us. :geek:

And Candice, when you reach your target, I expect to read about a ceremonial burning of anything with an elasticated waist. No going back. :cool:
12 Dec 2013, 12:18
Well said, @Ballerina :like:!

It just shows how easy it is to slip, but equally it is reassuring that with this WOE and the timely application of wet fish, any small slips can quickly be corrected.

Constant vigilance!
12 Dec 2013, 12:19
:heart: Message received and the dangers noted :heart:

Well done on removing the damage :clover: :clover: Sue
12 Dec 2013, 12:52
I guess there is something quite appropriate about applying a wet fish to the back of the neck when you have been on the scales.
12 Dec 2013, 13:01
Simon Egan wrote: I guess there is something quite appropriate about applying a wet fish to the back of the neck when you have been on the scales.

*Groan* :lol:
12 Dec 2013, 13:04
What a difference having awareness makes! :like:
12 Dec 2013, 13:29
Thank you for the reminder @Ballerina

I know I for one sometimes have this sense of entitlement of "why can't I eat whatever I want and as much of it as I want", and this is the reason why ... because before you know it, the hard work and effort put into weight loss is slowly lost and the pounds start coming back

Let this be a sobering reminder to me. I need to work at it, continue to work at this, really make this my WOL/WOE
40 posts Page 1 of 3