The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

40 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: BE CAREFUL, BE VERY CAREFUL
14 Dec 2013, 13:10
@janeg, your fish must be working overtime at the moment, don't let the R.S.P.C.A get wind of this or we will all be in BIG trouble, :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
14 Dec 2013, 14:50
I think this is what has gone wrong with me. As soon as I reached my goal I made it an interim goal but my brain relaxed and I have found it very difficult to get back on track. If you look at my graphs I am up and down all over the place; I have given myself a stiff talking to and am hoping that I will be sensible again. :)
15 Dec 2013, 17:06
Great post, Ballerina. My scales have shown an increase of 1,5kg so I'm back on 5:2 this week. I've been eating more because I've been running so much and it is colder...but I know this time next week I'll be back where I want to be thanks to 5:2.
Just remember it is a lot easier to lose 1kg than 10, so weigh in regularly to keep a check on things (I weigh every day...still).
15 Dec 2013, 17:42
Franglaise wrote: Great post, Ballerina. My scales have shown an increase of 1,5kg so I'm back on 5:2 this week. I've been eating more because I've been running so much and it is colder...but I know this time next week I'll be back where I want to be thanks to 5:2.
Just remember it is a lot easier to lose 1kg than 10, so weigh in regularly to keep a check on things (I weigh every day...still).

Your last sentence @Franglaise is what we all need to keep in mind...
Just remember it is a lot easier to lose 1kg than 10, so weigh in regularly to keep a check on things
Thank you for it ..just might be a lifesaver..
15 Dec 2013, 18:53
You guys are such an inspiration. I was doing well and then with one thing and another I have completely gone off track. I work with food all day and find things quite difficult, but enough of the excuses. I feek bloated and uncomfortable and the distant memory of feeling so good on the 5:2 WOE in coaxing me on. We are going out for dinner this evening so I will phsyc myself up to begin again tomorrow. Please I need all of your support and encouragement.
15 Dec 2013, 18:59
Good on you Pamie for yr self awareness! And for getting back on track tomoz when it would be so easy to s y,blow it,i' ll wait til after christmas now!
I really admire you for not taking that easy option!
Enjoy yr dindins tonite then get back on that horse and ride!
I am fasting tomozz and no doubt many other members so youre not alone!
You were doing well and you can di well again x
15 Dec 2013, 19:02
Thankyou so much CandiceMarie. I appreciate your encouragement.
16 Dec 2013, 15:58
As I weight myself no more than half a month, I'll be in big trouble when I'll began the maintenance phase.... :lol:
16 Dec 2013, 18:00
Hiya

I've logged on here for the first time in ages - good post! I suppose I'm technically in maintenance, although I wouldn't mind losing a few more pounds but am largely happy where I am (didn't have a target weight). I still fast twice a week but rather than counting 500 cals I just tend to have my evening meal and keep it fairly light. I expect it's usually more than 500 cals and I sometimes have a couple of oatcakes during the day if I'm really ravenous, but doing the fasts twice a week rather than just once seems to keep me roughly the same weight wise. I've been trying to keep it 'low' during the week but that doesn't always work, although I'm trying to relax. I don't want to be 'vigilant' around food all the time - that for me would just lead to resentment. If I'm going to make this work long term then it has to be easy and pain-free!

It is SO easy for it to all creep back on tho without noticing, even for regular weighers like me. If I can get through the festive season without putting on more than 3lb - even with a fast or two! - I'll be chuffed and won't worry about it. And I know that come the new year I have a strategy for losing that extra few pounds without the misery of a restrictive new year diet (at the coldest time of year - great!)
16 Dec 2013, 18:08
I am not in maintenance yet but I am trying to be very careful over the Christmas period...thank you for the reminder and doing my best!
40 posts Page 3 of 3