The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

38 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Maintaining December 2015
11 Dec 2015, 11:21
I've done absolutely nothing to achieve this but my weight was a pound down this morning. I mean absolutely nothing as yesterday involved doughnuts and wine :confused:
12 Dec 2015, 21:50
I've been sick for a week or so and didn't eat much so weight stayed pretty much constant, wife says it's man flu but she doesn't know what she is talking about, it was real flu dammit. ☺
Today after park run I was 82.8kg and later she took me clothes shopping, do you know how hard it is to find 34 waist 34 leg jeans. Plenty of 38 waist 30 leg though. ☺
Good luck everyone with your December maintenance.
13 Dec 2015, 09:10
Hope you feel better soon @[tag]brian1[/tag]. I have to be careful not with the flu but with bronchitis these days. Happy doesn't help as he wants his ride ride in the car to be with all hears to the wind :bugeyes:

In spite of all the cooking and a bit of tasting (I can't give sweets I made without knowing what they taste like before), I lost 1kg which I hope to regain soon. It must be because of all the exercises I do these days (with the house to empty by myself) . I will keep doing my 3 fasts a week for now but will be more flexible on Fridays. I want to try some different directions other than soup and find a bit difficult at times to find something filling enough as long as chewing is involved so there will be probably be more calories on those days
13 Dec 2015, 14:26
76.5kgs today :bugeyes: but I have a January plan, no point trying much before then, too many treats to be quality tested :confused: :victory: :wink:
13 Dec 2015, 15:59
Finding it more difficult to maintain now the colder weather is here and not being able to rely on salads! Also disappointed that it takes very little extra food to put on weight. Averaging 119.8 - 121.2 lbs. Willpower not been too great - so must try harder or rather be smarter over the next 10 days in the run up to Christmas if I'm going to stay below my goal weight of 125 lbs this month :reindeer:
15 Dec 2015, 22:02
Hi, fellow maintainers! We got back from our cruise last night and I weighed in this morning. I have gained eight pounds but am not too concerned as that is quite moderate for me! I only hit my revised target of 140 pounds one week before I went away and it didn't allow for much weight consolidation before I was exposed to all that lovely food and alcohol. :pig2: I should have kept my previous target of 147 pounds and then I would have only been one pound over!
I don't expect to get rid of all of my excess weight before Xmas but should be able to make quite a dent in it with a few good fasts! I've started today so wish me luck! :smile:
15 Dec 2015, 22:38
@Stowgateresident ate 8 seems to be your lucky number! :grin: Good luck with your fasts, you have time to gain momentum. Did you love the cruise and have great weather?
:clover: :cool:
16 Dec 2015, 23:08
Yes, thank you, @Lizbean, I had a wonderful time. On port days we walked miles and on sea days I hardly moved at all! We had good weather for the time of year, in the western Med. No rain, which I understand is a miracle, and mild - sometimes hot days. It's the right time of year for me if I want to go south as I really don't enjoy baking hot weather, so it was perfect!
My first fast went well yesterday ( 3 pounds down this morning) and I have been 'careful' today. Not calorie counting but avoiding very calorific foods. I am just about to have a hot chocolate and then an early night (for me). I have sat at my computer all day, catching up on 'stuff' and I need to move!
21 Dec 2015, 00:34
That sounds wonderful @Stowgateresident. I've not looked at the forecast yet but hope we get some good dry weather for long walks over the holidays. Changing my fasts to Sunday / Wednesday for the next two weeks to fit in with all the festivities - it worked well for me last year :smile:
22 Dec 2015, 01:00
I see I haven't updated my Tracker for almost 4 months--my last post on any thread was probably around then, too. I've been grounded the last 5 or 6 weeks with plantar fasciitis :cry: so my weight has crept up to 138 pounds from goal of 135--I can't seem to fast when I'm hanging around the house thinking about food. I find it so much easier on days when I'm going to Strength Class and then to Library volunteer shift. The foot is starting to feel better this week, so I have hopes of being back to normal soon.

As for the general slowdown...could the fact that I'm turning 75 in a few weeks have anything to do with it? :wink:
23 Dec 2015, 08:59
So today is my second Fast-5versary and I didn't quite manage to celebrate it by being at goal, alas one pound over! I will continue to Fast-5 over the holidays, but liberally, so the carefulness starts again on the 27th. Merry Christmas everybody!
23 Dec 2015, 19:41
Well done both @barbarita and @Marybeth.
What's in one or a couple of pounds? Have a look at your trackers, they are exemplary of what anyone could wish. :victory:
Anything within a 2 kg range is nice (which is exactly where I am this last weight before some days of abundant food :smile: )
Have a nice X-mas.
23 Dec 2015, 19:58
I weighed in at 121.2 lbs this morning and we'll be going out for a buffet lunch at a local hotel on Christmas Day - my downfall will be the desserts! At least there's another week before the end of the month, so any damage should be rectified. Merry Christmas everyone - don't expect to see anyone fasting on 25th December!
24 Dec 2015, 22:43
This morning. I was back in range, pleased as it is the first time for months : :victory:
26 Dec 2015, 08:08
Merry Christmas folks!
I'm a hefty 77.5kgs today and many more family days of fun and food to go. I should be approaching normality by Thursday I think and that will be a good point to reassess as all the goodies should have been eaten by then :0@
Already feeling spherical ...
\*/
38 posts Page 2 of 3