The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

38 posts Page 1 of 3
Maintaining December 2015
01 Dec 2015, 08:54
I am kicking this one off just so I can report that I am at my goal weight of 120 lbs for the first time in 100 days. :victory:

Hope it's not all uphill from here on ...
Re: Maintaining December 2015
01 Dec 2015, 09:22
Thanks @barbarita and congratulations :victory:
Today I am taking a fast after a long fasting holiday since summer. The creeping weight gain monster has been very sloooow, it might seem to hide, but it is always lurking somewhere, doing its destructive work. Time to kick some butt and put on a fight. I will not spoil the upcoming feasting season by weight worries, so time to gain some room for extras. After all: "I will maintain!"
01 Dec 2015, 10:44
I guess I am maintaining as well. I just have my own way of maintaining, which involves annual fasting periods. That gives me a bit more leeway on things, since I still seem to put on weight so much easier than taking it off!!!
I started this fasting period last Sunday, when Advent begun. I have lost a kg so far.
I am kinda window fasting. Nothing but black tea and water until 15:00 every day. Then a snack. Then supper at 18:00. No dessert. And nothing until next day at 15:00.
I knew this fasting was coming up, so I ate quite :frown: a lot of carbs and things... And my weight is quite up as well . So this is my fasting and feasting approach. Feasting will begin 24.12. :smile: .
I now weigh 57 kg, and that is a lot for me, short as I am.... :oops:
01 Dec 2015, 18:51
Just commented in the November topic that my weight has been going up and down depending on the weather - when it's cold I feel hungry and therefore have been eating more. The more warming and nutritious foods tending to contain more calories than the salads I've been used to consuming. Trouble is, it doesn't take much for the weight to go on so I'm going to be very strict the next three weeks so I can enjoy a proper Christmas Day lunch!
01 Dec 2015, 20:08
Half a kg down today, (1 kg on the scales, but as it is a fasting day I always add half a kg). Call me lucky, but this fasting works as simple as pressing a button. All it takes is just a little discipline and the creeping weight gain monster is down and out for another week :victory:
02 Dec 2015, 11:13
I bow to your self-discipline @P-JK and wish the same for myself :like:
Today I'm 75.6kgs and hoping for the best, not fasting but playing with lively grandsons this afternoon :smile:
Good luck everyone :clover:
02 Dec 2015, 20:31
I'm maintaining but at the upper end of my range, not giving me much wriggle room for a month of Christmas drinks. My approach is to aim to fast two days a week but if there's something on in the evening I'm giving myself leeway to enjoy what's on offer. I am as lucky as @PJ-K in that it doesn't take me long to lose any weight gains.
04 Dec 2015, 23:54
I have decided to be realistic, I have been chasing an extra lb since June, but have been stable at my current weight for the same length of time- give or take the odd hiccup and the days when the scales say I've put on 2 lb over night. Logically I am maintaining and I am going to accept that especially as I can now get into size 10 trousers (if they are the kind with a bit of give) and I couldn't last winter.
05 Dec 2015, 06:36
Like most of those reporting in at the start of this holiday month, I'm maintaining but hoping for a bit of a loss!
My weight is up just a couple of pounds, and I am convinced that being stricter with myself is all I really need to do at this point.
5:2 In Earnest, I'm calling it :smile:
05 Dec 2015, 08:32
This month is the second anniversary of reaching my goal which is a huge deal for me as it proves that, yes, I CAN maintain to the scepticals, and, dare I say, the jealous, I have around me. Plus I now gained the right to not be called anorexic anymore, which is always good to take.

I lost all the weight I gained in the beginning of this year, but winter is a good season for me to fast, I lose weight way more easily when it's cold outside :grin:

And a lot of excess skin has gone/smooth/whatever. I don't look like a shar pei anymore...
shar pei.jpg
shar pei.jpg (16.4 KiB) Viewed 2316 times

Let's face it, it's incredibly cute on a puppy but not sexy at all on a 40 year old woman :cool:
05 Dec 2015, 10:11
76kgs today. Bah! December is a hard month in many ways.
Come January I'll have been following this way of eating for life for 3 years and chatting to you good folks too.
A good time to redouble efforts on the fasting front too, may have to coast a bit until then.
:bugeyes: :curse: :geek:
05 Dec 2015, 10:54
I hear you @Azureblue. For now I am safe but wait when the curse of the yummy mince pies comes and it will be another story :razz:

I planned to fast on the 24th and 31st but didn't find the right festive fast meal yet. On the other hand, I tend to avoid Holidays social gathering like the plague for years so I guess that shelter me a lot from Christmas weight gain. Although I find myself with a sudden craving of eggnog (with a splash of rum, of course....)
05 Dec 2015, 11:52
Pleased to report the determined effort over the last two weeks has resulted in reaching towards the lower end of my maintaining window and that's where I'd obviously like to stay in the run up to the festivities and my first anniversary maintaining 30th December. I often think what a silly time to have an anniversary, but then again it certainly keeps me thoughtful about the choices I make.
Happy 2nd anniversary maintaining @Manderley and @Azureblue too, January will be with us before we can blink.
08 Dec 2015, 20:10
Second week with a fast. Done fine, as usually. Needed one after eating hugely at the 5th of december celebrations.
08 Dec 2015, 22:55
P-JK wrote: Second week with a fast. Done fine, as usually. Needed one after eating hugely at the 5th of december celebrations.

So very true P-JK, it only takes one :wink:
38 posts Page 1 of 3