The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

37 posts Page 1 of 3
Vacation/Maintenance strategy?
05 Jul 2013, 09:44
So holibobs are coming up and that usually results in a 4-5 kg weight gain for me.... Lot's of barbecues, wine, mojitos, ice cream, eating out and general feasting.

This year I want to play it differently. Only 1.6 kilos until I reach my goal so I would like to maintain my weight during the upcoming 4 weeks and then resume weight loss after that.

So I could do 6:1 and/or 16:8. Or just watch what I eat.....wich usually doesn't work - that's why 5:2 is perfect for me :smile:

It's also an interesting experiment for my upcoming maintenance - how can/should I eat to maintain my goal weight.

Do you think 6:1 is enough?
Any thoughts or ideas on maintaining?
Thanks for posting this! I would like to know too I am going on an all inclusive holiday in 3 weeks and would like some help in maintaining and trying at least not too gain LOADS!!!
Daisykitten - we went on a one week all-inclusive to Egypt in January and I put on 5 kilos..... 2-3 kilos water retension probably but still....

So I desperatly need a strategy since I know I won't fit in 2 fast days per week
I skip meals that are not eaten as a family and I realised now that I have not eaten a single ice cream after I started making watermelon juice that is slightly slushy. I cut water melons up, freeze a little and blend it. Its so yummy and give the icy ice cream kick without the calories.
nadiaj wrote: Daisykitten - we went on a one week all-inclusive to Egypt in January and I put on 5 kilos..... 2-3 kilos water retension probably but still....

So I desperatly need a strategy since I know I won't fit in 2 fast days per week

This is my fear!! All that yummy food that I dont have to cook or clean up after just eat! I know I can make good choices like fruit or salad for breakfast and lunch, but I am going to be on honeymoon in Morocco for 2 weeks, I dont wanna not enjoy it but dont want to be back at square one (or look like a whale in my swimsuit!)

I think I am going to try the 6:1 method along with some exercise (there is a gym at the hotel)
Lucky you to go on vacation in Morocco - my homeland! And if they serve moroccan food you are lucky - lot's of vegetables, fruit, really healthy and full of flavour but without a lot of fat. Just stay away form their sweets, biscuits and desserts :-) We tend to over-sweeten treats and mint tea :cool:

And congratulations to the wedding!
I cant wait to get there!

Yes thats what I thought the food would be like (I have never been to Morocco before but love the food I have had in restaurants!)

I guess that even if I am careful I have to expect a small gain, but I am going to be on honeymoon so I should enjoy it and throw a little caution to the wind!

Thanks! We've been married nearly 8 months now so we've waited a while for this trip!
I am 'maintaining' and find that my first intake of food is usually after midday. I keep to the two fast days a week, but try to keep to healthy choices on the other days.

Other members have mentioned following 16:8 whilst on holiday which means you are doing lots of shorter fasts and this could fit in with eating out in the evenings.

I would say enjoy your holiday but make healthy choices!
My strategy is sticking to 5:2. That's what I'm doing.
daisykitten wrote: I cant wait to get there!

Yes thats what I thought the food would be like (I have never been to Morocco before but love the food I have had in restaurants!)

I guess that even if I am careful I have to expect a small gain, but I am going to be on honeymoon so I should enjoy it and throw a little caution to the wind!

Thanks! We've been married nearly 8 months now so we've waited a while for this trip!

Enjoy your honeymoon and Morocco! Hopefully there will be really good food choices and time for exercise so you can return tanned and happy with little to no weight gain :smile:

I've been married 5 years and we never had a honeymoon - but you actually gave me that idea now! Why not go now - I'm still madly in love with him so it would be really romantic. And now we can afford it wich we couldn't 5 years ago.
I'm going on a short holiday to Queensland next week which has breakfast included at the resort so I won't be doing 18:8.
I've decided to try for portion control- have what I like but not too much. I will try to eat like thin person!
So good to have lost a significant amount of weight before donning that swimming costume!
Enjoy your belated honeymoon!
@nadiaj yes do it!! I am so excited for our honeymoon (and we're greedy because we went to Amsterdam for a minimoon right after the wedding!) but this is a proper away from it all holiday for us :)
I used 16/8 on vacation and it worked great. Saved money by not buying breakfast and then I could enjoy a huge dinner and wine, and even desserts! :)
Well I'm going to Paris tomorrow and I have *NO* plans on dieting while in that beautiful city. What I do plan to do is walk, walk, walk, walk and then walk some more to compensate.
I dunno, if it were me, I think I'd just enjoy the vacation and worry about the diet when you come home. Try to be mindful when you eat, of course, but don't miss out on some once-in-a-lifetime tastes. If this was just a regular vacation to the seashore or something I might have other advice, but this is your honeymoon in Morocco, you really shouldn't waste one moment worrying about your weight.
37 posts Page 1 of 3