The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

37 posts Page 3 of 3
A couple of weeks in and so far so good. Has managed to fast each week - 1 day 600 calories and one until dinner and then eat what ever I fancy = 1000-1500 calories approximately. My weight stands still so I'll just continue this.
I just had 2 weeks holiday, ate and drank whatever I wanted, but got straight back on to it when I came home. After 2 fasts I was only 1.5 pounds up. Was surprised as I usually pile on about half a stone when on holiday. I think the secret is not to weigh yourself until you have done a couple of fasts! But the bottom line is you are on holiday and should enjoy yourself. I think from comments I have read on here that the weight comes off very quickly with this WOE. Good luck and enjoy your break.
5 weeks of vacation and I have maintained my weight! Even lost a few cm around waist and neck! I've eaten everything I fancied and managed to fast 1 or 2 days each week. No calorie counting on fast days- just one normal portion of low carb dinner. So I think I have a long term strategy now :-)
Wow, that's brilliant! Well done nadiaj! :star: It's good to know that you don't need to count calories on fast days as long as you keep the carbs down...makes life so much simpler!
I'm so glad everyone has been doing so well on holiday. I finally booked us (me, husband, 8 year old and 6 year old, plus a very large German Shepherd) into a cottage in Cornwall for a week starting Friday. I know there will be lots and lots of walking - will be bringing my fitbit and iPad as well to workout a few days. But I really don't fancy fasting on holiday. I think I'm going to do as much 16:8 as I can, drink gallons and gallons of water and hope for the best. I need this holiday so bad!
oh dear, I didn't do so well! only one week away and 2.5kg gain.I did eat like it was going out of fashion, but I also walked for hours each day. maybe too many cocktails and desserts;) back on track though, expect it gone in a week or two!
The good news - a month after my two week "I don't care" holiday in Turkey, my weight is finally lower than before I went.

The bad news - I spotted a great deal to go back to Turkey for a week in 3 weeks time.

I'll be back where I started six weeks ago in no time.

Then it will be Christmas...
37 posts Page 3 of 3