The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

52 posts Page 2 of 4
Re: 4:3: To Do Or Not To Do!
30 Oct 2013, 17:36
Oh piffle! Just typed a long reply and lost it by not pressing the right button :frown:

In summary, I was going to say that I've lost a significant amount of weight twice in my life now - about 54lbs each time. I'm big busted, and was busting out of G cup bras each time I was at my heaviest.

Each time I've lost weight, I've only reduced significantly in cup size at the very end. First time around, I went from 34F to 24C in the space of 7-10 lbs. second time around I went to a 34D (same goal weight achieved) but that was post carrying and BF twins. Same thing though - stayed huge till right near the end.
30 Oct 2013, 17:47
Hi Nursebean,

I'm useless at posting links, so if you go onto the home page, scroll down to the end and you will find two boxes of topics, the right hand box is called 'most replied topics' and the 5:2+ 8 hour diet + 16/8 topic is the fourth one down. Everything you ever wanted to know, or not, is on that thread. Worth a look if you fancy doing it. Good luck

Ballerina x :heart:
30 Oct 2013, 18:27
Ballerina wrote: Hi Nursebean,

I'm useless at posting links, so if you go onto the home page, scroll down to the end and you will find two boxes of topics, the right hand box is called 'most replied topics' and the 5:2+ 8 hour diet + 16/8 topic is the fourth one down. Everything you ever wanted to know, or not, is on that thread. Worth a look if you fancy doing it. Good luck

Here you go. 5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic5557.html I think SueQ did it earlier but it might have got lost with other stuff. Worth reading :heart:
30 Oct 2013, 18:32
How do you do that? :shock:

30 Oct 2013, 18:34
cmd c (copy), followed by cmd p (paste). You should add it to your signature given you are our resident 16:8 expert :grin: It's fabulous.
30 Oct 2013, 19:16
Hi Nursebeam

I've been doing the 4:3 for quite a few months. I haven't found it any harder than the 5:2. I changed because I started gaining weight at one point and was horrified! I was losing 1kg a week on the 4;3 but that has slowed recently to about 0.7kg per week.

I wonder if aiming for a 'B' cup this early might make you even smaller when you reach your goal weight??? I've changed from a 'D' to a 'B' as I've lost weight - so that's 2 cup sizes with 20kg loss. Probably depends where you carry your weight too. I'd say I've always been more bottom heavy than top heavy!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide!
30 Oct 2013, 20:07
I am so thick, :cry: but what is cmd? I know it involves cutting and pasting but I can't seem to remember how to do it, :confused: oh well, I can still extract corks from raspberry juice so all is not lost, :grin: cheers :smile:

30 Oct 2013, 20:21
Ballerina,
Copy on my computer is control and C and paste is control and V. Cut is control and X if ever you need it. :smile:
30 Oct 2013, 20:35
I swear by 4:3, 5:2 is maintenance for me. Also my boobs have shrunk incredibly, now 14E, but hey are very loose :-) good luck!
30 Oct 2013, 20:38
Nursebean, I have lost 12kg and I have gone from E/F to DD. Had some older bras in a bottom drawer which now fit comfortably, so you will lose back fat as well as boobs will reduce but it seems to be later but it sure happens

Had a friend who went for the reduction so I do get what you say about how horrid and rude people can be and I guess like minigill said you will also lose as you continue on your journey. I'd say meticulous calorie counting, to get your head around what 500 cals looks like,will get you shedding on 5:2 and 4:3

All the best with your surgery and yep can just imagine heavy breasts give you upper back and neck pain
30 Oct 2013, 20:38
coffeetime wrote: Ballerina,
Copy on my computer is control and C and paste is control and V. Cut is control and X if ever you need it. :smile:

That's right @ballerina. It's control on a PC and CMD (command) on a mac. Sorry I was not clear. You need to hold the ctrl/cmd key down when you chose either c, v or x.
30 Oct 2013, 22:11
Actually starting to doubt my plans now. I didn't really think I'd be able to reduce the size of my boobs by diet alone. Even in my hey day when I was really slim (although I didn't appreciate it then) I was a 36c...and that was the size that caused my aerobics teacher to make a comment about them. I suppose at my age now, even if I lost weight and they shrank a bit, they'd still be saggy...wouldn't they?

The op is expensive and my family are against me having it done but, since researching the subject I've read so many stories of how it's really made a great difference to people's lives. It's a difficult decision to make...
30 Oct 2013, 22:17
To get from where you are now to what you wish probably won't be diet alone, but if you loose a shed load of weight after surgery, depending on how much you wish to loose, could effect your end result.

Is there a possibility to delay until you have achieved some loss ?

Could you give us an indication what you wish to get down to?

Boobs are notorious for loosing the weight first :)

Difficult decision for you yes :clover:
30 Oct 2013, 22:24
I think I'm currently about 11:10 and I'm aiming to be 9:7 or something in that area (I haven't been that weight since I was in my 20s (what seems like many moons ago) but that might not be realistic. Although with this new found 5:2 way of life...who knows! Hmm maybe I should delay it...but I've so psyched myself up for it I'm not sure I can wait much longer :bugeyes:
30 Oct 2013, 22:42
About 4:3, logic suggests that as long as you don't eat more on nonfast days than with 5:2, you will lose 1.5 times as much.

I've lost off my band size since starting this woe, but not cup size (actually due to the strangeness of bra sizing, I went up a cup size when I went down a band size, even though my boobs stayed the same). I keep expecting it to happen though.
52 posts Page 2 of 4