The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

52 posts Page 1 of 4
4:3: To Do Or Not To Do!
30 Oct 2013, 09:08
Howdy everyone! I'm just after your views and opinions!

In 3 weeks time I am going to have an op (a breast reduction...oops I said it :) ). I am currently a 34G and want to go to a 34B. I've wanted to have this done for years because of not only physical problems but because of comments I've had in the past. My aerobics instructor once said she wasn't surprised I struggled with push-ups and a patient once described me as "stocky". A hideous word for a young woman to hear and something I've never forgotten :(

Anyway, I need to work on my consultant to persuade him to take me as small as possible. He is reluctant because he didn't think a "B" cup would suit me ( he reckons I need to lose a stone...but in reality I need to lose 2.5 stone!!). So, in order for me to be as slim as possible, do you think I would be better off doing 4:3 for the next 3 weeks? I just wondered if this way of fasting produces greater/quicker results? I'm only on week 3 and feel fab on this 5:2 WOL but need a boost...and fast!! :bugeyes:
Re: 4:3: To Do Or Not To Do!
30 Oct 2013, 09:18
Good for you nursebean. I am between an E and F cup and have always dreamt of having a lovely B cup! Busy as I have been losing on 5:2, my cup size hasn't dropped, just the level of my bosom in relation to my chest has ... my nipples seem intent on spending more time living closer to my navel.... Anyhoo, I digress...

I haven't had experience with 4:3, so don't know if that's the quick fix you're looking for, however, now you know that 5:2 is here, I wonder if that's a slow and gentle way, post-op, for the rest of you to to catch up with your new b-cup chest?

I'm sure you'll have more suggestions from 4:3 experienced forum members to come.

All the very best with the operation!
30 Oct 2013, 09:22
Hi well we are all losing at different rates, but I've just completed my 6 months doing 4:3 from the start plus because I'm not hungry the morning after a fast I skip breakfast a couple of days making it 16:8 :heart: :heart:
As you can see i've done very nicely indeed and i do believe my results are because of the mix i'm doing :heart:
Lots of members say the extra day does'nt give you much extra weightloss wise, so my answer is why not try it for the weeks ahead coz you've nothing to lose But the Weight.
Good Luck :clover: :clover: Sue. :clover:
30 Oct 2013, 10:17
I also don't feel that it gives greater faster weight loss. It does however keep my weekend shorter, as I will do mon, weds fri. As sue says mixing it up helps, 4.3, 5.2 and 16.8
30 Oct 2013, 10:19
Sorry to be boring, but I keep reading about 16:8. How does that work exactly?

Anyway, thanks for your replies. I think I may give the 4:3 a go. As you say, I've nothing to lose...except weight!! :bugeyes:
30 Oct 2013, 10:36
Good luck with the op nursebean! I can't comment on 4:3 vs 5:2. I have tried it, but not for long enough to have a point of view. 16:8 is when you eat in an 8 hour eating window only with an 16 hour break between food. This I 'mostly' do and it does work. More extreme ways are to lower your carbs (you will lose water weight) to between 50g and 150g a day, or even ADF (fast every other day). I would not recommend this as a WOE but I have just done it for a week to 'repair' from the holiday horror and whilst I have not stepped on the scales, I think it has mitigated things a little. :oops:
30 Oct 2013, 10:40
16:8 is an 8hour eating window :heart:
Ballerina has done a brilliant link on the forum somwhere
Happy searching + your not being a pain coz it all helps
:heart: :clover: Sue. :clover:

Have jumped the topic for you happy reading :heart:
30 Oct 2013, 10:57
Good luck with the surgery.
I have done 4:3 since the early days of starting this WOE. I don't know if it has made me lose weight faster but I have gone from a 40F to a 36D. I like fasting three days a week and on the odd occasion where I haven't stuck to it the last day it's been ok.
I would love to be a B cup *sigh* x
30 Oct 2013, 11:02
Definitely go for 4:3 in my opinion. 5:2 gives just too few "repair days" again, in my opinion of course. Don't care if some people indicate that theres no difference in rate of weight loss between 4:3 and 5:2 as that can only be certain in a proper scientific study.

I did the switch about 2 days in.

Even if im on maintenance i may stick to 4:3 as i just eat better all round and total calorific reduction in whole week must be good.

I guess thers a bit of "with 3 days i can go a bit over TDEE consumption on other days" which means i guess im doing 4:3 with a bit of a variations but yes, 4:3 rocks!
30 Oct 2013, 11:23
Oooh good luck nursebean, hope all goes swimmingly. I'd love a breast reduction but can't afford it. I've been doing 5:2 since January with the odd 4:3 thrown in before holiday, Easter, birthday etc. I don't find it made a drastic difference but it I find it keeps me in check and it certainly won't hurt to do it for a few weeks pre-op.
I've lost just over a stone and a half and my bra size has decreased from 34H to 32G. I'd kill to be a C/D cup though!! I agree with your consultant, I think a B cup is too small, especially if you carry on losing weight post op.
30 Oct 2013, 11:25
Please can you send some my way. I'm a B cup right now, but my bras are getting too big...... :cry: :cry:
30 Oct 2013, 16:49
Ooh RawKaren I am sooo jealous!! I would gladly give you mine if you so wished...but believe me you really wouldn't want them. I just don't know why people want enlargements because big boobs cause nothing but neck ache, shoulder ache, back ache...and they're the first thing people notice about you!! :bugeyes:

Thanks again everyone :-)
30 Oct 2013, 16:55
nursebean wrote: Ooh RawKaren I am sooo jealous!! I would gladly give you mine if you so wished...but believe me you really wouldn't want them. I just don't know why people want enlargements because big boobs cause nothing but neck ache, shoulder ache, back ache...and they're the first thing people notice about you!! :bugeyes:

Thanks again everyone :-)

Only those who knows it feels it. Coming from someone who was as flat as an ironboard...
30 Oct 2013, 17:06
If only we could all get an average, say D or DD!!

My B cup with enough room for a rolled up pair of socks is not the most feminine look!

Best of luck with the op :smile:
30 Oct 2013, 17:17
Hi nursebean :smile:

Just coming at this from a slightly different view point !

First of all, wish you all the best & recovery with the op :like:

How much do you want to loose overall ? Reason I ask, my boobs have changed size with 2 stone weight loss, both in diameter and cup size, and I doubt they have stopped reducing as I have a bit more to loose.

If you have alot to loose (wasn't sure if you were aiming for 2.1/2 stone!), your boobs may change after your op with weight loss reduction. I have no idea if this is true though, just referring to my own experience with weight loss :smile:
52 posts Page 1 of 4