The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

52 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: 4:3: To Do Or Not To Do!
30 Oct 2013, 22:49
My boobs have shrunk from a 38 HH to a 36 H and are shrinking again. It's difficult to know what to do for the best, I still have a way to go weight wise so don't know where I'll end up! I'm not bothered as it's worth the sacrifice - lol! The final decision is yours but it could be a cheaper option to wait and see :wink:
30 Oct 2013, 23:00
Hi nursy my bra/back size has gone down 2 sizes in the
6 months I've been on this WOL and having lost 3 stone so my advice would be to delay. But i've a hell of a lot of stones to lose and your story is so very different.
Good Luck with your choice. :clover: Sue. :clover:
31 Oct 2013, 00:38
Nursebean, can you completely postpone surgery till you get to your goal weight. Maybe you can avoid it altogether. i know its often done for comfort reasons.

im in the zone of the bigger the better up there. but thats just me.

ive lost 4kg and i keep wondering why ive kept my size in the important bits.
31 Oct 2013, 01:05
Hi Nursebean
I had breast reduction surgery when I was 19yo. I was huge - I am not exaggerating when I say soccer ball size. It was my mother who pushed me to have it done, and paid for it, because she hated her large breasts. BUT I wish I had never had it done, because it meant I could not 100% breast feed (for those of you who know about these things, I did use a supply line for about a year with both children, but how I envied those mums who could just pop their baby on the breast). So if you are pre-children, I would urge you to take this factor into consideration.
And it is ironic now that the first place I lose weight is my breasts...
Re 4:3 I am successfully following this to help lose those last few kgs, and it is definitely working for me. It also helps me eat less on other days, somehow! But I can't say I enjoy it particularly.
Cheers
Sassy1
31 Oct 2013, 07:34
nursebean wrote: I think I'm currently about 11:10 and I'm aiming to be 9:7 or something in that area (I haven't been that weight since I was in my 20s (what seems like many moons ago) but that might not be realistic. Although with this new found 5:2 way of life...who knows! Hmm maybe I should delay it...but I've so psyched myself up for it I'm not sure I can wait much longer :bugeyes:

Thanks NB for the info on stats :clover:

Keep us all posted, even if its just to say, I don't know what to do :smile:
31 Oct 2013, 12:11
Oh berlimey! I never thought I'd hear myself say this but I'm actually really not sure now whether to have it done or not. Maybe it would be better to wait until I'm at my ideal weight and then have it done. I would just like to ask those of you who have lost cup sizes...did they end up sagging signicantly? Do you still have dents in your shoulders?

Do you really regret having yours done Sassy? Do you think you could have coped with carrying such heavy breasts around when you were younger? I can understand it must have been hard not breast feeding, though. At the age of 44 I know I've left it too late to have children so I don't need to worry about breastfeeding.

Of course the main reason I wanted to have breast surgery was to alleviate some of my worst ME symptoms which are the terrible neck and shouter/arm ache. I know I'm doing this at the risk of a setback but long term I think it may help me find y way back into the world!

As for doing 4:3 I think I might give it a go. Ooh I'm such an indecisive person right now

Aaaaaaggghhh it's all so difficult! :bugeyes:
31 Oct 2013, 12:19
Yes the boobs are sagging, they always have but they now look better in a bra than out :wink: It's a small price to pay for being healthier and fitter though!
31 Oct 2013, 12:23
I am only one cup size different and down to a 36E from 38. I used to suffer with the straps absolutely cutting me in half on the shoulders. This has finally gone :like:

As for the 'look'... well, the nipps were pointing south before I started 5/2, but they don't to me look any different after my current weight loss :smile: and OH still loves my puppies :victory:

How about setting a goal which will include weight loss and also something to look forward to (the reduction) ? Say 6 months (plucked out of the air!) :grin:

Could your surgeon give some guidance if you went ahead with the planned date, what would happen to your new size if you loose alot of weight ?

You would obviously feel the benefits of reduction now, but your new shape could change quite a bit after weight loss and you end up smaller than you what you had in mind :clover:

Would be great if you can decide then you can concentrate on 4/3 without distractions :smile:
31 Oct 2013, 12:27
Do 4:3 and postpone the boob job. Why go under the knife when you CAN do it naturally?
31 Oct 2013, 22:08
When I first got to my goal weight, at 25/26, my breasts were perky enough that I could (and did, when out clubbing or wearing halter tops) forgo the bra.

Second time around, I'd bf twins for nearly nine months, and there's no denying that they aren't gravity defying now at nearly 40. However, I wouldn't say they were saggy, and my nipples don't head south when I remove my bra :lol:

I do think genetics plays a big part in how your skin handles change. Also, I've always suffered with dry itchy skin and early menopause runs in the family. This has made me super vigilant about moisturising. When I cream my face, I cream all the way up to ears and down over boobs, and I have always, always used a ton of sun cream on my décolletage. I do believe it has helped.

All of the above said, I did consider a boob uplift a couple of years ago, but honestly, they have improved the longer I've kept most of the weight off, and also since I began exercising more regularly (press ups do help) and now I'm not planning it.

I REALLY urge you to delay the boob job until you reach your goal weight, or until you decide your weight isn't going to significantly change.
31 Oct 2013, 23:22
Hi again
At the time, I was happy enough to have the breast surgery and it did make a huge difference to how I looked and felt. It also helped me lose weight overall, as I was at the heaviest I have ever been. But of course I don't know what would have happened to my breast size if I had lost weight without having any surgery, and I feel that the doctors should have told me to try to lose weight before having any surgery, especially given my age. Wish that 5:2 had been around then!!
If I hadn't had children, I guess I would be happy that I had it done, tho the scarring is still visible, even after 36 years.... And maybe because the reduction was so large (over 2kg removed from each breast) the nipples have never sat properly. And the breasts lost a lot of their sensitivity, if you know what I mean (!). I am not trying to put you off, just telling you how it has been for me.
I would agree with others that if you can manage to put up with the discomfort for a little while longer until you have lost the weight you want to, you can reassess. Certainly discuss options with the doctors.
A friend of mine waited until she had lost the weight before having the reduction (post children). She was happy with it, tho the surgery was not without its complications. She is fine tho.
All the best with whatever you decide - do give 4:3 a go tho :)
Cheers
Sassy1
01 Nov 2013, 00:08
Nurse bean I have come down in band width and 2 cup sizes and my boobs look to me much smaller and nearly 8 months with consistent but very slow weight loss have gone from popping out of size 18 button through shirts to fitting some size 12. I am so surprised as mentioned here by other posters breast fat seems to shed later but I would say It was from the start with me and I have lost 6 inches in my measurements

Take all your measurements before you start as well. Weight loss can be slow but I think as you shed you will be amazed and as mentioned give yourself a good 6 months to see the effects. My boobs have just shrunk and don't look much different than before though gravity has had its toll by to be expected as an original F cup and now DD. Think the dips from straps stay a bit as mine are still there from years of wearing good wide strapped expensive underwire bra to keep 'my girls, in place and reduce neck and back pain
01 Nov 2013, 09:24
Hi Nursebean,

Firstly, I just LOVE your new avatar and I'm sure it looks nothing like you :shock: secondly, my bra size has now gone down from 36 to 34 but I still have the same cup size. The thing is my breasts are definitely smaller, not much but a little so I feel that the same size cup is not very indicative of the changes. I think everyone loses weight differently so it may be worth considering a postponement of your op to see how things work out for you.Good luck with whatever yyou choose to do,

Ballerina x :heart:
01 Nov 2013, 11:59
I'm still teetering on the edge now. I discovered this morning that I have lost 5lbs after just 3 weeks on this system, which has really given me a boost. However, looking at my boobs they are just no smaller...and I also have one boob bigger than the other. Even my mum said "mm they are big aren't they". I was all for waiting to see but now I think i might go for it. I was just so looking forward to buying smaller tops for Christmas...that sort of thing. Oh what to do...what to do...sigh :confused:
01 Nov 2013, 12:02
Prob too early to see them decrease, think long term weight loss !
52 posts Page 3 of 4